The Caj-INN Build

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

The Caj-INN Build

Postby Eddielbs » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 pm

So I have my Frame finished':D' and will be posting pictures of my build here for anyone who would like to follow along. I will be working on the Tear on a Two week on and Two week off schedule so I will try to post updates as often as I can.. The frame is really sturdy and I think its going to make a great platform. After restoring and painting it tomorrow I'm off to HD for what I'm sure is going to be the 1st of many trips for lumber and parts... I am armed with Steve Frederick's CD and the Generic Benroy Plans along with a hand full of tools a little know how and lots of dreams... I have spent only 3 months of planning spending late nights at the PC getting Ideas from all you guys and asking a few questions here and there... I can't wait to make some saw dust :twisted:

"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby del » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:15 pm

Looks like a good start. Let the saw dust flow. Now if I can only figure out what the small pieces of angle are for that are welded to the inside of the frame.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Hector » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:17 am

Great start,sounds like you have a game plans.now go have fun!
Hector
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:26 am

Looks like that's how he going to bolt the body to the chassis... thru a hole in that angle...

Mike...

del wrote:Now if I can only figure out what the small pieces of angle are for that are welded to the inside of the frame.

del
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Dooner » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:33 am

I'm sorry, but that is just way too overbuilt. Your going to have to start all over.
:lol: Just kidding. That is a great start. It really does look sturdy. Very nice job on it.
I know I will be following your build. I'm sure everyone else will be too. No pressure. :lol: Have fun with the build. :thumbsup:
Dooner.
Image Image

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT!
Dooner
Gold Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Your right on Mike.. I am planning on using the Angle for bolting the Floor to the chassis... "I hope it's going to work"
Dooner, some would say that the frame is over built... The reason I built it a little heavy is because it will be pulled by my Jeep off road from time to time... So I did go a little overboard with it compared to some I have seen...
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby madprinter » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:25 am

Looks great Eddie. :thumbsup: Good idea with the angle bolt suports. What body are you going with?
madprinter
The 300 Club

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:44 pm

madprinter wrote:Looks great Eddie. :thumbsup: Good idea with the angle bolt suports. What body are you going with?

I'm going to try an do something along the lines of what SteveT did on the FishInn
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby rbeemer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Great looking frame.

Before you get too far down the build you may want to install your leveling jack on the rear corners. just my humble opinion.
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Fiber Glass

Postby Eddielbs » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:36 pm

rbeemer wrote:Great looking frame.

Before you get too far down the build you may want to install your leveling jack on the rear corners. just my humble opinion.

Thanks for the Heads up :thumbsup: and your right.... My plan is to Bolt some Scissor jacks in the front along the angle iron gusset and to put some T jacks on the back Corners. I am going to put them on before I bolt the floor to the frame. the only reason they are not already on is because I have yet to order them.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:57 pm

Fiber glass is dry
This is what I'm using to undercoat
I really like that undercoat I used it on my jeep last year and it has held up nicely.. I think it needs another coat maybe later i will spray the frame and all again..
Flipped over to get ready for Insulation.
It's might be cool in tear now...
Started on my pattern after I floored the frame with 1/2 ply here I am gluing on another 4 foot.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Profile input

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:56 am

So, I have cut my pattern... Tell me if you think i should scrap this and start over or if you think it would make a somewhat usable teardrop... I'm still on the fence about having enough height in the galley..

Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Sonetpro » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:39 am

I like the profile. So how are you going to lay out the inside? Your galley looks to be about the same size as mine.
As you can see I had plenty of room.
You are really getting after it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by Sonetpro on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion