The Caj-INN Build

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:42 pm

:shock: Eddie, I really think you should use something---anything but a thin fender washer to hold that on. Maybe some flat pieces of iron you drill or something. Sorry it looks like it will pull through to me. You probably put fender washers on top.

“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:49 am

"Miriam C.":shock: Eddie, I really think you should use something---anything but a thin fender washer to hold that on. Maybe some flat pieces of iron you drill or something. Sorry it looks like it will pull through to me. You probably put fender washers on to

Really!... I was kinda thinking that because I have 14 bolts on the frame that I was a over doing it... I really do want it to be safe so I'll change them to something like this maybe... Then i can use the 2 inch Fender washer on top.

"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:49 am

Eddie, I like that. It is my opinion but if I can crank down on a bolt and bend a fender washer I think a thousand pounds wiggling on it will bend it too. Eventually!

I like the new one. :thumbsup:

Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Failed Camping trip...

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:27 am

So my camping trip didn't go as planned...':x' We got to the park to find we were placed in a site that is called a 'slope' with no tent pad. Well for Louisiana I would say "Slope" was an understatement, More like a little mountain but whatever.. So with a lack of flat ground to place a tent anywhere I can see. I went back to the office to try and get my site changed to something a little more doable.. As i stood in front of " the NICE FRIENDLY YOUNG LADY behind the desk at the park who was just itching to help me solve my little problem" I explain to her we need a new site and she is quick to tell me she could not help me with my request due to a new computer system they have. She tells me I would have to call the Baton Rouge office to get my reservations changed. So I had to borrow her phone because my cell phone didn't have any service.. After what felt like hours on hold i get a person who i pray can help me. Well turns out she could help me if i would only give her my credit card information and pay for my trip for a second time. As I politely tell her that I'm not going to pay again all i want is to swap sites she says she cant help me because she can not see in her computer what sites have already been taken today. Thats when i informed her her I was in the parks office and i can't find out either. So I asked the NICE FRIENDLY YOUNG LADY at the counter if she could come over and talk to the Not so nice lady on the phone and settle this little issue. She refuses and just brings some sorta ledger over with all kinda X's, Slashes and other things on it and lays it in front of me. So at this point I'm wishing I had just stayed home. Well once i figure out I'm not going to get any help from either lady the one on the phone or the one who's office I'm standing in for the past hour. I return to my "Slope" to make sure that i didn't over look a 5x5 foot spot that i could maybe place my tent. Nothing not an inch of flat ground and with no help from anyone in the park and my blood beginning to boil rather than go back into the NICE FRIENDLY YOUNG LADIES office i opted to just leave the park and cancel the trip altogether. I did go in to drop off my pass and to let the NICE FRIENDLY YOUNG LADY know that i will not be staying at the park due to the fact i can not pitch my tent on a "Slop" and still sleep in it . And to my surprise she still didn't care! So as i tell the NICE FRIENDLY YOUNG LADY good bye on my way out the park gate i think man that was 51 bucks and a weekend wasted.
Well after my wife got off the phone with the baton rouge office from making a complaint about how we had been treated. She informed me we were given a refund of the 51 bucks and an assurance that this would NEVER happen to us again, But we still Missed out on a weekend of camping ':cry:' The only good thing that came from the trip getting canceled was the fact i got more done on my Tear this weekend..

"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Walls Are up!!!

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Called my friend Mark over today to help me put the walls up!!':lol:'

Nice!!
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Micro469 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:37 pm

I like the windows you have on each side.....But where are you going to put the doors????

:roll: :D
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Steve Frederick » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:30 pm

That's some really nice work Eddie!! :applause: :applause:

Keep it up, you'll be camping in it in no time!
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Windows

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:37 pm

Micro469 wrote:I like the windows you have on each side.....But where are you going to put the doors????

:roll: :D

I'm doing it a little different... Most people put a window in a door. but I'm going to put my door in a window..8)
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Thanks Steve F

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:38 pm

Steve Frederick wrote:That's some really nice work Eddie!! :applause: :applause:

Keep it up, you'll be camping in it in no time!

Thanks Steve, If it wasn't for your Shop manual I purchased there is no way I could be this far along in this short of time... Thank you!! It has been a GREAT resource..
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:56 am

Well I had a problem with a sheet of the birch plywood if your interested. I posted it Here

The satin is a little more red than I had anticipated in the store its called "Gun Stock" I hope it comes out a little better with a cote of poly..

This is how I will be leaving it "minus the tarp" for two weeks while I'm gone off to work.. I just have 2 boards on top to hold the tarp up that will be wrapping the tear while I'm gone..
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Hector » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 am

Every nice work Eddie!
Hector
Teardrop Master

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:29 pm

I have very little progress to report this week.. It seams that every time i think I have a day to work on the TD something comes up.. But here it is.. i have the front cabinet complete all but the hardware.

I also got the over foot cabinet's installed..

I'm still torn on what to use for the headliner thats kinda why its not installed yet.. I was thinking 1/8 ply wrapped in a micro fiber swede but, I'm scared it will mildew.. I have looked at all the box stores and have not found a water friendly board that I like. The white ICE fiber board would be good if it would only come in another color I'm not sure a bright white ceiling is going to be good due to the light reflection. Decisions Decisions Decisions ':thinking:'
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Mon May 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Cabinet doors are on.. Kinda dark I think I will add some flamed copper to them for some color..

So I settled for the "sandstone" Colored board for the headliner.

Working on the spars now...

Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm

:woohoo: :beautiful: :clapping hands:
Atta boy :thumbsup: The sandstone liner will be nice when it is dark out and you are trying to read. :thumbsup: Looks great and soon you will be camping. 8) ;)
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Eddielbs » Mon May 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Miriam C. wrote:"The sandstone liner will be nice when it is dark out and you are trying to read"

Thanks Miriam! My wife will like that then, She reads an average of 4 books a week.. Her mom is a Liberian so she gets it honest..
Eddielbs
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion