Do you camp in your driveway?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Do you camp in your own yard?

Yes I have, but, rarely or only once.
26%
Yes I do regularily.
32%
No.
27%
Other. (explain below)
16%

Total votes : 90

Do you camp in your driveway?

Postby Wimperdink » Fri May 02, 2008 7:02 pm

The title is partial... do any of you ever sleep in your teardrops while in your own driveway or in your own yard?

I used to have a free camping area just 3/4 of a mile from my home that was right on the lake. The property was owned by the TN Valley Authority and it was free to find a spot and setup camp for up to 14 days.

Recently whomever owned the land next to this subdivided and put up some big fancy homes to sell. Now early this summer, TVA has canned overnight camping by the lake on this parcel. Soooo... Now I have to tow a lot further to find a camp site or anywhere else to park and sleep. I don't get off work until late and used to love the 2 min drive and park and sleep by the lake. We were doing it a lot and it was a great escape to leave work and immediately be camping. Now just to get out that late at night, I've gone so far as to sleep in wazat right in my own driveway or in my own back yard just for the sake of getting out of the house.

Do, or Have you?
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mandy » Fri May 02, 2008 7:09 pm

I have camped in the back yard in a tent with my nephew and nieces.
I don't have a TD yet but I plan to do that too when I have one.

Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Fri May 02, 2008 7:09 pm

All the time! When we need to get away and can't... we escape to the back yard!!!
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri May 02, 2008 7:35 pm

The teardrop in the garage is my get away place. To read a book, watch a movie, listen to music, take a nap, or have a rendezvous with my dearly beloved. 8) When the relatives come to visit, we always take the camper when the beds in the house fill up.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Darren » Sat May 03, 2008 10:16 am

The driveway is too steep so I "camp" in the garage from time to time. My non-camping friends think I'm crazy.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby Miriam C. » Sat May 03, 2008 1:44 pm

:thumbsup: Great place to escape, though I hear the noise from the highway more in it. Read, quilt or take naps all the time. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby starleen2 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:43 pm

best place to get Ideas and daydream :roll: :thumbsup:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Wimperdink » Sat May 03, 2008 3:52 pm

Very cool... I wasn't sure if I was the only wierdo on the block but its good to see there are other wierdo's out there as well. :thumbsup:

I get a sheepish look on my face when I climb out in the a.m. with my hair in all the funny positions and my neighbor is out on his porch smoking his morning cigarette. Leaves them wondering why I would go to the trouble of owning a home if I'm just gonna sleep in a lil box in the driveway anyway. :lol:
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby len19070 » Sat May 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Do it all the time, a lot of times I invite friends.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby cs_whypt2 » Sat May 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Wimperdink wrote:Very cool... I wasn't sure if I was the only wierdo on the block but its good to see there are other wierdo's out there as well. :thumbsup:

I get a sheepish look on my face when I climb out in the a.m. with my hair in all the funny positions and my neighbor is out on his porch smoking his morning cigarette. Leaves them wondering why I would go to the trouble of owning a home if I'm just gonna sleep in a lil box in the driveway anyway. :lol:

I am an other vote...
I have a miny tent the I set up in the living room and my bed room. (takes up the whole room, even at a miny.) My parents work weird hours (truck driver and nurse) so when they come home, you can hear them stumbeling through the room trying not to step on me.
I set up a bigger tent in my back yard (though I might not any more since it is in need of repairs since CNTL2.) Problem is, it is now (since this year) illegal to have a fire ring, so I have to set up my dad's Webber grill and put wood in that to eat marshmellows with my dogs.
Happy camping!
:thumbsup:
Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat May 03, 2008 9:18 pm

As some may know :roll: we have abandoned our bedroom and have been sleeping in the garaged TD for well over 1 1/2 years, I lost count.
Don't know if that qualifies as camping in it at home.
Jane just loves sleeping in it. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Mary K » Sat May 03, 2008 9:46 pm

:applause: :applause:

HA HA !! This is GREAT!! I am so happy to hear other folks sleep in their TD at home!!!

My partner works the 3rd shift, and on days off, likes to clean the house at 2am. Those nights, I sleep in the TD and I dont even hear the vacuum. I take naps in it every now and then too. :thumbsup:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby alffink » Mon May 05, 2008 10:09 pm

I was camping when this was first posted, but when I need to get away from the grandkids (I've got 2 living us) I grab the protable DVD and watch a movie in the Tear, in the driveway.
Quiet and it takes a while to track me down......for the time being anyway.
alffink
Donating Member

Postby packerz4 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:48 pm

i napped in my TTT today. love to watch tv in it. dream etc. less expensive and less work than going to the campground. since i live in the country i can have as big of a bonfire as i want.

:thumbsup:
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Postby Wimperdink » Tue May 06, 2008 1:45 am

lol wow I'm actually amazed at the results.... Now, how many of you wouldn't have admitted it if someone else didnt bring it up first? lol

And really still glad I'm not the only one. Gonna have to start having neighborhood gatherings at the folks with the larger yards lol.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to User Polls