The Caj-INN Build

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Juneaudave » Mon May 19, 2008 6:42 pm

That's really lookin NICE!!! I can see you have the "eye" for detail....it shows!!!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Sonetpro » Mon May 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Great progress. It looks like you will be camping soon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby peggyearlchris » Mon May 19, 2008 8:34 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: It looks super.You will be camping before you know it. :applause: :applause: Peggy
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Update!!

Postby Eddielbs » Thu May 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Thank you all for the encouraging words, They are really appreciated...

Update on progress:
I have the spars completed and the over head light mounted... I hope to get the top closed in before I go back to work wed. here are some pictures.

I have been tossing around the idea of not using aluminum on the sides of the TD... but instead useing fiberglass sanded smooth and painted blue to match the paint I'm going to be using on my jeep.. I think the blue would look really good with the roof skinned in aluminum and all the trim in aluminum or Stainless. I'm just undecided on what I'm going to do... I would welcome some feed back on what you think I should do and why... Thanks
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 pm

WOW!! Your Build is looking AWESOME! Great craftsmanship. :thumbsup:

Mk :applause:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby BILLYL » Fri May 23, 2008 8:56 am

looks really nice -

Keep it going and get it "CAMPABLE" and on the road.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Bill
"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they'll
gonna murder you in your sleep...." Frank Zappa
BILLYL
Donating Member

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Sun May 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Well this week end has been all about the DOORS.. I'm stoked about how great they came out.. They are so close that I may have to sand the door edge a little to apply the epoxy around the seal.

Got a light from Grant at little bear installed today, after adding a switch on top to work the porch light from the inside It works GREAT
Last edited by Eddielbs on Sun May 25, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Problem....

Postby Eddielbs » Sun May 25, 2008 2:29 pm

I have a problem... I have been chipping along trying to figure out how i was going to cut all those boards for blocking on the top edge so that i will have something to screw into with the trim and such... Well I am at a loss on how as to do it.... The only thing I have come up with is marking each board and cutting them all one at a time with a jigsaw for the bottom curve... Then running a top bearing flush trim bit on top the board to get it flush with the walls edge.Man thats going to take me forever because I went a little crazy with my roof spars and put like 10 that means I have to cut 20 boards with a Jigsaw... PLEASE tell me a easier way.. :worship:
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun May 25, 2008 3:38 pm

:o :lol: Well you could do that 8) Or you could put blocks where you need screws and leave the rest blank. 8) Lots of glue on the side and bottom. OH and mark where you put them with some tape or a small mark. :oops: :thumbsup:

You could also use the spars only.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Juneaudave » Sun May 25, 2008 3:53 pm

I think you could scarf a piece of red oak, stem it and clamp it right to your profile...something like this maybe?

Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Thanks

Postby Eddielbs » Sun May 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Thanks for all the ideas on my problem.. I think I'm just going to suck it up and do them all... I did two boards today after posting and it wasn't that bad I guess... I guess if i would have just did it and stopped thinking about how bad it was going to be i would be done now..

Here is one last pic for the day

Looking back now I wish I had left the birch a lighter color and only used the dark stain on the oak stuff...
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Tue May 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Well the doors are finished all but fiberglassing the outside and sealing the windows permanently.. I think they came out great considering that when my wife found out I was building the doors instead of buying some already made her comment was " You're building the doors!! OH great they will fall off going down the road " That is still yet to be seen but I think they will make it I just hope they don't leak.

Eddielbs
Donating Member

Re: Update

Postby del » Tue May 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Eddielbs wrote:Well the doors are finished all but fiberglassing the outside and sealing the windows permanently.. I think they came out great considering that when my wife found out I was building the doors instead of buying some already made her comment was " You're building the doors!! OH great they will fall off going down the road " That is still yet to be seen but I think they will make it I just hope they don't leak.

When somebody tells me something like that, I just have to do it. The doors do look good too.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:54 pm

I have been working on TD this week and plan to get a lot finished hopefully. Anyway here is how i am trying to install the Petcool I got this past week.
I plan on building a drip pan under the unit that meets the wall under the side vents. Just to handle any water that may slosh out of the unit after shutdown or might make its way in the side vents while driving in the rain. I'm going to have to cut an access hole to get at the controls but other than than I'm happy with the placement. More pictures in my album if your interested.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Here is the drip pan i was talking about building for the petcool...
Doesn't look so bad with the Petcool.
This is my vented battery box so that the (methal ethel deadly bad gas) from charging my battery get discharged safely outside.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion