When I pack up to go I ....

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

follow a check list.
55%
use labled boxes
3%
have a place for everything
42%

Total votes : 33

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:03 am

What type of check list do you use or organization props.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:07 am

None of the above, I just do a mental checklist. It's easier to forget some things on purpose that way.

Postby beverlyt » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:52 am

I try to keep the trailer pretty much packed up and ready to go.
When it's time to go camping, I fill up the water jug, cooler with food and pack a clothes bag.

We have such things as shampoo, soap, towels, tents, lights, batteries...all stored already in the tear.

When I arrive home from each trip, I make sure everything is washed and back in it's place in the trailer asap.

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:46 pm

beverlyt wrote:I try to keep the trailer pretty much packed up and ready to go.
When it's time to go camping, I fill up the water jug, cooler with food and pack a clothes bag.
We have such things as shampoo, soap, towels, tents, lights, batteries...all stored already in the tear.
When I arrive home from each trip, I make sure everything is washed and back in it's place in the trailer asap......Bev
I'm pretty much in tune with Bev. Living in earthquake country all my trailers are pretty much packed and ready to go. Just add cloths, fresh water and my 17" wide screen, then my sat dish (so I can watch CNN & MSNBC) or the races on the weekend.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Arne » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:18 am

I have a check list for going to our VT house. I have an additonal shorter one for going tearing... I would be lost without them.. They make it a no-brainer packing. The lists have categories:

Upstairs

Downstairs

Garage

Shed

I'm a bit compulsive anyway, but having to rethink packing each time, no matter how good my memory might be (at its best), I'd leave something behind I might have to buy or do without.

I have the lists on a spreadsheet and add/remove/move items as is necessary.....

And, then, everything has it's place, but that has just evolved over time for sake of convenience....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Rob » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:10 am

We have the TD packed and ready to go with just a few exceptions. The list includes, clothes bag, dog food, dog bed, propane tank, ice chest, camera. I'm trying to stick close to the KISS principle. It seems like everytime I read this board, or go camping with y'all I think of something else. This weekend we are taking our brand-spanking new 10" dutch oven. See what you made my wife do at the last Redwood Gathering? She just HAD to go out and buy something else. $> :lol:

Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby traveler » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 pm

Someone made a checklist up, and put it for all who wanted to, on the forum so they could print it. That is the one that I use.
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:47 pm

I think KOA.com has a downloadable checklist. I go to the trouble of printing it out, getting it all ready, then still forget stuff. :lol:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Return to User Polls