FOR FUN From South Africa. Recipies for 1 Pot, 1 utensil

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

FOR FUN From South Africa. Recipies for 1 Pot, 1 utensil

Postby sitnievasnie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:10 am

Hi to all you folks, from South Africa. 8)

Just the other day I was sittin in my camp chair observatin' and cogitatin' :guzzle: . (me likes this pic). Come around mid-day, the chap camped a stand or two away suddenly became frantic with activity.

Out came the gas Weber, :Flippin Burger: the utensil set, the plates, the bowls, the thermometer, Oy vey! Da whole shebang! You half expected to see starched linen…. :

Now as me be an antiquated grizzly ol’ bachelor that’s not really partial to “dish-pan-hands”, an you lads over the big water bein' so creative an all, me got to wonderin….

Excluding braaing (Barbeque), instant dinners, & microwavin, anyone got creative recipes that use only 1 pot, & 1 Utensil? (Preferably the utensil be a spoon soaz you can use it to eat with)?

An while we’re at it, any idea what be the national speed record for the “quickest cooked and delicious meal”? :thinking:

Ta,
Warren.
Be gentle
sitnievasnie
Teardrop Builder

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:43 am

ONE POT

If you want it fast use gazelle or impala ( But you still gotta cook it slow )
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Lucky489 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:18 pm

That is quite abit of food for one person. here some good one pot meals for you.

http://southernfood.about.com/cs/maindishrecipes/a/onepotrecipes.htm
Lucky489
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mary K » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:44 pm

Make sure you check out this Camp Cook forum. http://camp-cook.com/forum/index.php Lot's of us folks from here (T&TTT) post there as well.

Might help you find what you are looking for. :thumbsup:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Did I mentiion that IM SINGLE!!

Postby sitnievasnie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:39 am

Hi Bobhenry...

Boy! that be some pot :shock:

I'm a-dishin out Noddy-badges for anyone correctly guestimatin: -
The pieces of potato
The number of carrots

:twisted: :twisted:

Ya really hafta make sure the poor Impala's actually ready for the pot or it'll be a dissapearin over the flatlands fastern you can blink n eye. A good impala can outrun a Cheeta! :o

No crookery now, I be a-wantin your recipies... I'll try them promise :thumbsup:

Have a chuckle,
Warren
Be gentle
sitnievasnie
Teardrop Builder

Postby looped » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:33 pm

cant beat baked beans and sliced jalapeno sausage for a good campout meall

toss some onions and some peppers and some mustard in there and aaaaiiiiieeee! got some good home cookin right there
"face it man. It's just not possible to fry an egg with a bicycle powered hairdryer!"
- Dave Lister
looped
The 300 Club

Postby mandy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Not necessarly one pot but one foil dinner.

1st cut a square of foil about 12 inches/or 15 cm?

Place the following in the center of the square:

Cut up into bite size pieces one chicken breast, or thigh.

Then empty a quarter of a bag of frozen vegtables, or you can use canned either one works.

Then cover it with some cream of mushroom soup.

Salt and pepper.

Then bring two edges of the foil together then roll the top over 2 to 3 times. Then roll the other two edged up 2 or 3 time towards the center. Make sure to leave some room on the top for everything to steam and poke a hole or two on the top.

Place the packet in some coals ( from the campfire of charcol) untill done.

When your ready to eat just get some tongs and place it on the table, cut the top open fold back the foil and eat out of it. No dishes and you only need a spoon to eat.

Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby sitnievasnie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:40 am

Ta Looped......

One wee problem Mees got noooooooooo idea wat be a Jalapino sausage
Me does Bacon & beans (Mix baked & butter)
warning! sleep alone!

Mandy!! Way ta go gal! no pot!! now that be real fancy :applause: :applause: I'll give dis one a go

We've got a product called "pasta & sauce" (Knorrrrrrr) says 1 Pkt feeds 4 HA! HA! :roll:

Take 2 Pkts Alfredo or mushroom & wine flavour do the milk / water / margerine bit, boil up, add 1 tin smoked muscles & 1 tin mushroom bits & pieces when it begins to thicken up eat out da pot! :twisted:
Be gentle
sitnievasnie
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:16 am

Warren, try this, it's called "Sloppy Joes"...brown 1 pound or so of ground beef(impala/hippo/gazelle/rhino), drain fat...chop up an onion and some garlic, put in pot, add salt and pepper to taste and stir until onions start to go "clear", add a small can of tomato sauce and a healthy squirt of ketchup(catsup) and simmer, serve with toasted bread or rolls, either open faced or as a sandwich...it's slap ya momma good ;) ...........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Try this and DON'T EVER STOP RUNNIN!

Postby sitnievasnie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:44 am

Mad Jack! Hi there! :worship: (polishin me marble)

As the devil below’s my witness (an he's my next boss)... Ja catch the rhino / hippo & I swear I’ll eat it… every last “pound”

But before you trot off all bright-eyed-n’-squirrel-tailed… An not that I'm tryin to tell my father how to make babies, Just a wee word of caution...

Unless you recon yr up to stoppiin’ a demented Mk II Tiger tank with a r-e-a-l-l-y bad hangover an whose bin listenin to Alice Cooper for 3 straight days… :fb :fb DON'T GO THERE!

Guess whose gonna be chasin who…

Me be reconin ya’s got more chance of chasin down the Impala…

Personally? I’ll do da beef … I jus go to the Supermarket :thumbsup: I'll let ya know

Chuckle chuckle
Warren
Be gentle
sitnievasnie
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:18 am

...oh, there be supermarkets over there :o :D ...just wanted to offer you some "bush meat" alternatives, just in case there wasn't any ground beef available :R :lol: :lol: ;)
madjack 8)

p.s. since you do have super markets over there, here be 'nother one...may be a bit fancy for ya though ;) take 8oz of dried noodles and boil them up to desired tenderness...drain and set aside...brown a pound orso of ground beef...drain grease...add a chopped onion and some garlic(I put garlic in everything...it keeps the mosquitos/neighborsvampires away), salt and pepper to taste, a short teaspoon of nutmeg(fancy bit...optional) and any other seasonings desired, add a can of condensed creme of mushroom soup and enough water to make it "soupy"...simmer...take off heat...throw noodles back into pot...stir...add 4-6 oz of sourcreme and stir it up and eat...I call it stroganoodles.......MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:23 pm

:lol: MadOne I am getting the feeling you don't like Bell peppers. You gotta add Bell peppers to "Sloppy Joes".

You just need an iron pot with legs. Can't remember what they are called but you guys have them there. Then cook anything you like including cake. 8)

See these:
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=16265

Or follow the Camp cook link above. 8) Can you say yummy.

One of these will do nicely

Ours are different and have a lip on the top to keep the coals on and ashes out of the cooking.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby madjack » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:02 am

Auntie, I love bell peppers but headquarters has a problem with them, so if I use 'em, I gotta dice 'em up fine and cook 'em away to nothing(and still usually get busted)...as far as the CI goes, I have tried very hard to stay away from the "dark side"...other than my skillets and stove top dutch oven....
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby sitnievasnie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:07 am

Helooo All. (From SA 8)

It be 06:30 here, and COLD! (it's only gonna get to 18 Deg C)

I don't know yet how to upload A pic into a postin, so Mad Jack (The rino catcher), trot off to me album, I's done you a photo of supermarkets this side of the big water..... Specially for ja :twisted: :twisted:

Oh buy the way.....That thingie about the rhino horn.......She no work.
In fact, quite the opposite, unless you be partial to consuming what amounts to fingernails & hair yuch.. :thumbdown:

Have a good one mate.

Hey guys!!!!!!!!!! Steady on!!! I'm one person! dat pot she be big enough to feet an entire tribe! (Actually dat's closer to the truth than expected. At Tribal weddings / gatherins, thats kinda the size pot that used.

Usually used for porrage or "PAP" as we call it (Ground corn (mielies) then boiled into a thick consistancy.

If Madjack's kind enough :worship: to let me know howta put photos in me postin, I'll show ya'll a "1 pot", no dirty dishes, heatum up once recipe.

Ta.
Warren
Last edited by sitnievasnie on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be gentle
sitnievasnie
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:32 am

...hey Warren, are those the "bag boys" waitin' to help ya with your packages :D ;)
...to embed a pic in your post, you can goto the "Help with photos" link in the top index and follow the last 3 steps
...or you can click the "quote" button at the top of this post and see how I did it
..OR 1) you can goto your album and click on a pic
...2) highlight the URL and right click it and choose "copy"
...3) goto your post, right click and choose "paste", then highlight it again and click the "[IMG]" button, which is located above the post window, which will put the proper format in place for ya
...experiment a little, it is not as hard as it sound.
..sometimes it might be easier to open a second window with the album in it a switch back and forth between it and the "post" window
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Next

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2