What will your future tow vehicle be??

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

If you have a choice, what will your future tow vehicle be?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:53 am

pickup truck
22%
small car
6%
classic or antique car
56%
custom built vehicle
6%
motorcycle
No votes
semi truck
No votes
horse
11%
van
No votes

Total votes : 18

Postby tinksdad » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:22 am

What's wrong with S-10's?????:fb

'95 186K 4cyl, 5 speed and I plan on having it for a bunch of years yet!!! Still have to finish correcting the altercation with the deer. I think the deer lost!!! :DOH2:

tinksdad
500 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:58 pm

I have 2 cars that get good to great gas milage how ever my truck gets 20 with the stick and I can not drive it without my knee hurting after.

I am looking at a small SUV like a Pathfinder, rav4, 4Runner, Xterra, or 4 door pick up ore even a Satern Veiw. Which ever it is it must be 2wd and Automatic, I want a 4 cyl to make up for the loss in gas with the auto. My wife can not drive stick so I am stuck with all the driving.

Then if we need to go off the road we can. I am pulling with the Carolla now and the muffler drags on curbs at times. I have thought of putting on bigger tires, but I am unsure if loading springs are available for it. plus off road may not be a good idea. but when it is unhooked the gas milage is much better then my truck or future SUV
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby dahoon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:16 am

I have a 1976 Chev Short-Box pickup. With a 250-6 cyl and 4-Speed trans.
It was an old Washington State D.O.T. truck. Speedo doesn't work, Fuel gauge doesn't work, come to think of it none of the gauges work. But, it runs great. And I added a power brake booster and power steering.

I also have a donor truck: 1982 Chev 3/4-ton pick-up. It has a better cab(w/air, cruise and tilt), 454 cid, and a TH 400.

So now that the teardrop is done I can start on the pick-up project. And since I built a 5X9'6" woody trailer and has the old trailers 4" channel frame under it. I think the added horsepower of the 454 in that Short-box frame will come in handy and pull it nicely. Since the 6-cyl only gets around 10-12 mpg I wont be losing anything and may actually gain mileage.

I'm going to swap out the cab, engine and trans. from the 82 C20 onto the 76 Short-Box. And any other pieces and trinkets I can find.

Then all I have to do is to lower it and paint it. With the teardrop being a woody I will paint woodgrain down the side of the pick-up.

That should fill my dance card for the winter.
dahoon
Teardrop Master

Postby Ivar the Red » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:55 am

Ohh, I bet you didn't mean that far into the "future". :lol:

Well, I guess I'll just have to stick with my Dodge Durango for now then.
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Previous

Return to User Polls