well another year IGR 2 over what is your responce

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

IRG 2 your reation

would not change a thing loved it
83%
for the most part it was great
9%
saddly I will not be returning (any reason)
No votes
It was not my thing it just did not work for me
4%
it was ok
4%
I might come again and then ....
No votes
It was great but we need nationals in 4 equal parts.
No votes
it was fun the people were great but .... see below
No votes

Total votes : 23

Postby sdtripper2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:21 am

Pamplin Grove lives on in participating hearts

I thoroughly enjoyed the magic of all the Teardrop people, beneath the
redwood cathedral. To participate in the many events and the sharing of food
brought us all closer. The surroundings were superb, and the attention to the
creature comfort details by Dean and Joanie's efforts made for a truly
memorable time. Our family of friendly faces flowed in Pamplin Grove's
special atmosphere in harmony and mirth. Those special times will be
remembered on this forum for time upon time. Dean and Joanie's tireless
hosting made it all seem simply effortless for we who enjoyed, but they willed
it to happen and I like so many others am thankful for their many endeavours.

To put avatar with face, break bread and have conversations was such a
pleasure. To miss the next IRG is not an option, for those that live on this
forum. The warm attitudes, smiles and magic under those trees for our
small trailer community, has to bring you back to Pamplin Grove.

2010 The magic of IRG lives on ~
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby triker45 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:11 pm

Having attended quite a few TD gatherings, I would have to say that if I were going to go to only one gathering in my lifetime, it would be Dean and Joanie's IRG. 'Nuff said. Jerry :applause: :thumbsup:
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby Joanne » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:51 pm

triker45 wrote:Having attended quite a few TD gatherings, I would have to say that if I were going to go to only one gathering in my lifetime, it would be Dean and Joanie's IRG. 'Nuff said. Jerry :applause: :thumbsup:

I couldn't have said it better if I tried! The IRG is mandatory, any other gathering is optional. :thumbsup:

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby martha24 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:30 pm

All I can say is Dean and Joanie did a phenomenal job and I wouldn't want to count all the hours they put in. :applause: :applause: :applause: After attending IRG 2.0 in can understand why IRG 1.0 had such rave reviews and going in with high expectations for a gathering, they were more than met.

Under the South West area titled: A big thanks to Dean & Our Teardrop Nanny, Doug lists a number of people who added to the fun, of which he was one of those people too. A big thanks should be added to all those who drove some really long distances too, as that made it all the more special.

That fun atmosphere was the reason I decided to make chef hats when I heard there was going to be a waffle cook off. I was very pleased that I had the right number and every waffle cook got one. :thumbsup:

Now I'll have to start thinking about what I want to do for 2010 to add to the fun! :twisted:
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

I'm Back

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:42 pm

It is me....Nanny....slipping in on Dean's handle. I came out of the woods today and had spent the last five days just recharging by myself at the grove. Dean came down a few of the evenings with the dog and we had dinner together with the Camp Host.l It has been beautiful weather at "Camp Pamp" and I had the audacity to just throw my sleeping bag out at the far end of the meadow and camp out of the car since Monday. I've spent hours basking in the sun, walking the river looking for rocks, and just remembering all the good folks and teardrops that were there. I have some threads to catch up with....Dean thinks I should of logged out of his name and on my own. First to respond back that you realize it's your Nanny gets Premium Bonus tickets for 2010's raffle!! :lol: Joanie
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Re: I'm Back

Postby Kevin A » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:57 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:It is me....Nanny....slipping in on Dean's handle. I came out of the woods today and had spent the last five days just recharging by myself at the grove. Dean came down a few of the evenings with the dog and we had dinner together with the Camp Host.l It has been beautiful weather at "Camp Pamp" and I had the audacity to just throw my sleeping bag out at the far end of the meadow and camp out of the car since Monday. I've spent hours basking in the sun, walking the river looking for rocks, and just remembering all the good folks and teardrops that were there. I have some threads to catch up with....Dean thinks I should of logged out of his name and on my own. First to respond back that you realize it's your Nanny gets Premium Bonus tickets for 2010's raffle!! :lol: Joanie

Hi Nanny 8) :lol:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Kev, You're a Winner

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:05 am

:D Hi Kev,
YOU WIN...see ya tomorrow for that teardrop. Joanie :R
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:04 pm

Hey Dean and Nanny....just in case....I'll offer up one of my tears now for you to borrow for 2010.... :lol: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:12 pm

Doug,
I'm just now past half way to tieing Grant's record of 7 years with no teardrop.
I have decided it's time to bow out of the running....
Little Feather will be completed sometime during this winter.
Joanie and I will be helping Gene & Eddie with their off the grid teardrop gathering next year, so bring plenty of toilet paper... I wanna get that outta the way ASAP. :lol:

BTW- Gene is gonna loan me a shotgun... I can do more with rock salt than just cook prime rib. :R
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Esteban » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:21 pm

Dean & Joanie,

and everyone else behind the scenes who helped put on IRG, I bow down in gratitude and thanks. It was a great event. All your nice big and little touches take creative, caring, sharing, hearts, minds and forethought. The setting was beautiful. All the people I had the pleasure of meeting were friendly and wonderful. There were too many teardrops to find and see them all. So much good eating. It was a joy to end each day sitting around the camp fire at night with friends new and old. During chilly days it was very nice to sit on sun warmed sand by the river to warm up and to appreciate the quiet natural beauty we were surrounded by.

Thanks again, hope to see you again in '10.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby jdarkoregon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:02 am

Teardrop community, Dean & Nanny, I have a suggestion, have people put their forum name on their name tags in addition to their real name at the 2010. I'm finding that I was associating with people from the forum that I had wanted to meet and really talk with. I didn't put the forum name and the real name till some of the pictures were posted.

I loved the event, it was Mona and my first gathering and I'm beginning to plan for the next one. ALL the people there were friendly POSITIVE people. I can't say enough about how much fun and how interesting it was. I was so impressed with those who traveled great distances to attend.

I still haven't figured out how the organizer still doesn't have his own teardrop, but that doesn't matter

I was a great event

John (of John & Mona)
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:10 am

As many of you know I threw a little extra into the before and after of the IRG but.... 5,500 miles was worth every bit. This teardrop family is the best. Dean and Joanie have gone so many steps above and beyond to make their gathering one for all of us to remember. It was my honor to be able to attend and share with all who joined us.

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby cuyeda » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:32 am

Pam,

Glad you could make the journey. Your Cherry Drop hatch must have been opened, or under a pop up shade or something. I don't remember seeing the graphics. Did I get a picture of your trailer?
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Extraordinary

Postby Guy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:26 pm

IRG 2.0 was just extraordinary- from the genesis, three years ago, of the idea of an event at Pamplin Grove to the superb execution of an event! Dean, Joannie, and family have raised the bar to an unprecedented level. Special thanks go to Kevin and others who braved the Eureka weather for days and nights, in winter, to secure a perfect date. To all the cooks, especially Joanne, Kelly, and Steve, I further offer my humble gratitude for their well appreciated meals.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby 4123 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Dean and Joanie, Thanks for all the heart and thought that obviously went into the planning of this event. We had such a great time, and met people that we can't wait to see again. Everything from the location, to the Dutch oven classes, to the coffee klatches, to the horse shoes, to the races, to the special speakers, to the pot lucks, and the raffle brought people from all over together enough that we couldn't help but get acquainted. Teardrop people are a special class, thanks for bringing us all together. See you next time! Ron and Olga from Cave Junction, Oregon.
~~~Ron & Olga Christianson~~~
http://www.museumphones.com
"Consider It ALL entertainment"
ImageImageImage
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to User Polls