Make my mind up!!

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Keep the Fenders or Find new ones?

Trash them they don't go with your tear!
26%
Live with them you have better things to worry about.
10%
Keep them maybe they will look better with the Trim.
35%
I think they look good Keep them.
29%

Total votes : 31

Make my mind up!!

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:24 pm

So i just can't make my mind up to keep these fenders or trash them.. I have invested about 200 bucks total in them now.. but i just don't think they fit my tear.. My wife says I'm over thinking it it and she likes them. We are planning on trimming the bottom of the tear with diamond plate also about 3 inches up. What say you?

"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby annalbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:31 pm

ahem...i do think you are overthinking this... the fenders will look good once the trim is on.... besides aren't i always right about these kind of things... :D
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:36 pm

annalbs wrote:ahem...i do think you are overthinking this... the fenders will look good once the trim is on.... besides aren't i always right about these kind of things... :D

Umm, dear i may have said you always THINK your right!! ;)

Besides whatcha think this whole poll thing is for?? Its to prove you wrong :D
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:11 pm

annalbs wrote:ahem...i do think you are overthinking this... the fenders will look good once the trim is on.... besides aren't i always right about these kind of things... :D

:lol: :lol:

I agree 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby swissarmygirl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:15 pm

I think they'll look pretty sharp when the trim is on! :thumbsup:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:17 pm

Nope, sorry, trailer looks way too good for those fenders. But off hand I'm just not sure what would look best on that profile. :thinking:
JMHO
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:21 pm

...haven't voted yet..is that the position they are going to sit...if so, they appear to be too long and need to be cut down so they end at the edge of the body line...if the color is off...to you, there is always paint...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:27 pm

madjack wrote:...haven't voted yet..is that the position they are going to sit...if so, they appear to be too long and need to be cut down so they end at the edge of the body line...if the color is off...to you, there is always paint...
madjack 8)
I had planned on letting them hang lower than the body because i was going to build a bracket to bolt them to the frame.. You think it would help if i cut them off even to the body? Front and back or just front? :thinking:
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Eddie, it is hard to tell exactly because the pic is not straight on but they look too close to the tire(or they sitting onit for now)and to me,look a little too long...do they get raised any? can they be mounted to the wall? they just look too low as shown...if I could mount them to the wall, I would and shorten them front and back.....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Dean_A » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:40 pm

I see what you mean. Your TD has such a long, sleek profile that you want the fenders to match. I think it will look much better with the diamond plate trim, as it will tie into the fenders and accentuate the horizontal lines. Mad Jack's suggestion was a good one too. Chop off the extra fender. It will shorten the vertical height and make them look a little "faster".
Here's what it would look like:

I think it's an improvement. :thumbsup:
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:45 pm

madjack wrote:Eddie, it is hard to tell exactly because the pic is not straight on but they look too close to the tire(or they sitting onit for now)and to me,look a little too long...do they get raised any? can they be mounted to the wall? they just look too low as shown...if I could mount them to the wall, I would and shorten them front and back.....
madjack 8)

Well right now as they sit i have them spaced off the tire 2inchs.. The reason i went so close to the tire is because my axle would bottom out before the tire would hit the fender at 2 inches.. I know everything i have read said to allow for 3 inches of travel but due to the fact I'm using an axle over 2000lb slipper spring. I really just don't have 3 inches or play in my suspension..
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:51 pm

Dean_A wrote:I see what you mean. Your TD has such a long, sleek profile that you want the fenders to match. I think it will look much better with the diamond plate trim, as it will tie into the fenders and accentuate the horizontal lines. Mad Jack's suggestion was a good one too. Chop off the extra fender. It will shorten the vertical height and make them look a little "faster".
Here's what it would look like:

I think it's an improvement. :thumbsup:

Wow nice job with the render, Thanks Dean, It does help to get the visual effect with the trim..
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:55 pm

DEAN ...now that looks EXACTLY RIGHT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: good job on the pic......... 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby annalbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:57 pm

hear hear! i concur!!! :applause: :applause: :lol:
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby Dean_A » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:58 pm

You're welcome! :)
I'm a very visual guy, so I can't do a thing to my trailer without mocking it up on the computer first. That's probably why my build is taking so long! :lol:
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to User Polls