Any New Projects your working on?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:03 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: oooohhhh you guys are doing so good. I am going to just spend the winter watching all ya'll. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby swissarmygirl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:10 pm

I was considering hibernation. :thinking:
I'm not so much a winter person.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby boomboomtulum » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:48 am

Since it didnt have to be TD related, my son and I are building a street / strip 68' Dodge Dart. 408 stroker motor, aluminum heads, roller cam the works. Building for approx. 525 HP range. Hopeing for 10.2 -4 times. This will take longer than the tear did last winter because of BIG $$$$$$$$$$.

Dave
http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=37109

Have'nt been everywhere yet, but it's on my list.
boomboomtulum
Teardrop Master

Postby mandy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:49 pm

Steve that Vardo will be awsome when it's done.

Lisa I think I would love to hybernate for the winter, I'm not into the cold winter thing.

Peggy your galley is beautiful, I like the rope accents.

Sherry what kind of frame did you use to build on how big is it. I looks good. :thumbsup:

Auntie M thats cool some one has to make the bubble level on this forum and insist on pics. :thumbsup: :lol:

Dave that is cool that your spending time with your son. He'll always remember when you two worked on the car together. :thumbsup:

Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Mandy,

I might have to bring the Vardo to Albuquerque and live in it when I'm done. Kim is going to apply for a job there at the U.

BTW, since you started this, what project are you planning for the winter? :dancing
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby mandy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Steve I got some beading I could do and I also have lots a started projects that need finishing. Mostly just scheming and trying to figure out how to get a TD built. :twisted:

Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby swissarmygirl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:24 pm

Mandy.....
Just get started on it! I didn't even have a trailer when I started mine. I started my build on an old bed frame just to keep it up off the floor.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Mary K wrote:
Geron....thats a BIG Teardrop!! :lol:

Just kidding. That is great! Nice work :applause: :thumbsup:

Mk

Mary K, that was the first thing that I thought.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:47 am

Mandy,
For inquiring minds:

The main project I'm working on right now is my quilt for my teardrop.
I've just finished the quilt top. Still need to make the quilt back, put it together with batting in middle and quilt it, but you can tell what it will look like. Since my teardrop has the 30's wheels, fenders, lights etc, I'm doing the quilt with 30's fabrics and an appliqued teardrop in 6 of the squares.
If you want to see the picture you will have to go over to the quilt thread. :R

I still need to do the finish on an inside shelf in the TD, someday.

My other big project is my daughter's wedding dress. I've got the muslin done (meaning made up in muslin fabric to fit) and will start the real dress in Jan. The wedding is next July. There are pictures in my album of the dress on page 2.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby annalbs » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:39 pm

one nice thing about living in southern louisiana is that we can camp pretty much year around... especially now that we have the caj-inn! so we will be camping every chance we get... 8) :ilovecamp: :vroom: plus i will spend all my holiday breaks redecorating my house. :thumbsup:
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby mandy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:53 pm

martha24 wrote:Mandy,
For inquiring minds:

The main project I'm working on right now is my quilt for my teardrop.
I've just finished the quilt top. Still need to make the quilt back, put it together with batting in middle and quilt it, but you can tell what it will look like. Since my teardrop has the 30's wheels, fenders, lights etc, I'm doing the quilt with 30's fabrics and an appliqued teardrop in 6 of the squares.
If you want to see the picture you will have to go over to the quilt thread. :R

I still need to do the finish on an inside shelf in the TD, someday.

My other big project is my daughter's wedding dress. I've got the muslin done (meaning made up in muslin fabric to fit) and will start the real dress in Jan. The wedding is next July. There are pictures in my album of the dress on page 2.

Oooo Wow Martha that quilt is excellent. I like your color scheme and the little TD's in the blocks. :thumbsup:

Your also working on a wedding dress you sure are talented.

:applause:
:bowdown:
Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby mandy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:54 pm

annalbs wrote:one nice thing about living in southern louisiana is that we can camp pretty much year around... especially now that we have the caj-inn! so we will be camping every chance we get... 8) :ilovecamp: :vroom: plus i will spend all my holiday breaks redecorating my house. :thumbsup:

Your so Lucky. :)

Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby annalbs » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:38 pm

when i'm sweltering during august and fighting off the bird sized mosquitos it doesn't always seem lucky but that's when we head up north and enjoy your weather. being in the school system has its advantages what with all the holiday time and summers off. 8) :R
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby fireaunt » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:06 pm

I have an idea to make a storage box to fit down in the galley well of my td. I can make it 15" front to back and 45" left to right and 15" on the front side and 20" on the back. I made a camp box once and it was pretty heavy when loaded. So I'm wondering if I divided the length to 22" and had 2 boxes if I could handle them. If I just had a hydraulic lift :twisted:
I thought if they had latches I could leave them out at night. Can you picture this?
It's kind of like loading a deep freeze.
fireaunt
500 Club

Postby tinksdad » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:49 pm

The biggest project on my "to do" list was to get the outside of my house repainted. I bought it just over two years ago and I don't think the outside had been painted since it was built in 1992. If it stops raining long enough tomorrow, I will try to get some pics to show before and after.

The biggest project left now is to figure out how to retrofit air conditioning into "Itty-Bitty".
tinksdad
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers