Would you loan your teardrop to a friend?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Would you loan your teardrop to a friend

Poll ended at Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:50 pm

yes
37%
no
51%
yes, but only if they agree to pay for any damage in writing
12%

Total votes : 73

Postby 4123 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:50 pm

~~~Ron & Olga Christianson~~~
http://www.museumphones.com
"Consider It ALL entertainment"
ImageImageImage
The 300 Club

Postby swissarmygirl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:12 am

Having built it myself, it would feel an awful lot like loaning my child to a friend.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:32 am

swissarmygirl wrote:Having built it myself, it would feel an awful lot like loaning my child to a friend.

I don't so where the problem is then. I tried to give em away for years.....cause nobody'd buy em 8) :lol: :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby swissarmygirl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:42 am

Nitetimes wrote:
swissarmygirl wrote:Having built it myself, it would feel an awful lot like loaning my child to a friend.

I don't so where the problem is then. I tried to give em away for years.....cause nobody'd buy em 8) :lol: :lol:

That is the problem....after loaning out a child, I would think I'd need the teardrop to run away with.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:52 am

I would have to say no, not at at this point in time anyway. We spent a lot of time and effort to build it and it's not even two years old yet, so if a friend did anything to damage it I would not be a happy camper.
It's one thing to be mad at yourself for damaging something and it's a whole other thing to be mad at a friend, so I would rather not go there.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jdarkoregon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:25 am

I would let a few of my friends use it anytime they would like, FRIENDS SURE, but now just anybody

Martha, I know you are just down the road from Santa Barbara, are you all packed up in case the fire really gets going? the smoke must be bad. I lived off of Mission for the fire back in the 90's and off Salinas back in the 77's. I'm glad I'm not there now.

:(

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:44 am

We had a post like this quite a while ago...my response at the time was NO...shortly afterwards I loaned one out to Dean...and it created a sale for me. He went out of his way to take care of it, knowing it meant so much to me. I've offered a couple of my tears up to select others for the IRG and had no doubt about the fact that it would be taken care of. It just sort of comes down to knowing/ trusting and believing in your borrowers. Would I lend out the latest....don't think so, but then I don't have a new one going. For me, whichever is my latest one is my baby....once it gets a few miles and chips on it....it's lendable. I do require someone to have some insurance coverage however. I was born on Monday, but not last Monday! :lol: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Wimperdink » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:13 am

really depends on the individual. I've loaned mine to my parents but there are many more friends and family members that dont get to look at it sideways. :)

Its kinda like loaning out your bed. Do you really want some people sleeping in your bed? Gotta really trust them to be doing that.
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby PaulC » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:16 am

I voted no because I have lent it out. Never again. Says a lot about my judgement of people :(

:thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:39 am

8) If they were sleeping in my drive. 8) If it were heavily insured and depending on the friend/relative. I have a least one, who if they broke it, would swear it was my fault for lending it. :lol: Everyone needs just one. :R
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Endo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:46 am

NO!

I only loan out items that:

I don't really care if I get it back.

or

I don't care if it comes back damaged or broken.

Typically one of the above 2 things will happen........at least in my experience.

Maybe I need more dependable friends :lol: .
Brad (aka Endo)
ImageImage Image
In God We Trust
Endo
500 Club

Postby Mini Renegade » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:35 pm

I would lend mine out so I voted yes, any damage would of course be paid for by a borrowing party but I would be quite happy to see my baby be used when I can`t. Plus it spreads the teardrop word.
If evvr tha dus owt fr nowt, allus do it fr thissen
Mini Renegade
500 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:56 pm

When I first moved to Washington my friends always offered to loan me whatever I needed with the mindset I would replace it with a new one if lost or damaged. He was happy :twisted: with his arrangement since people were buying new replacements. Most of these teardrops are one of a kind and you just can't simply go out and buy or build another. This forum is here for many to build/buy their own teardrop and it has served us all very well. If a friend were to ask my answer would be, no, but I'll help you build your own. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby jackdaw » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:06 pm

There are a select few people who I would lend ours too.
The rest I would encourage to build there own. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby Gerdo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:38 pm

I did let a couple use mine for one trip. I don't think I would do it again. I worried while it was gone. It's my TD and only mine.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to User Polls