Healthy, Homemade Edible Gifts (EZ Recipes)

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

Healthy, Homemade Edible Gifts (EZ Recipes)

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:15 pm

:snow :snow For so many years, from the time I was a kid, I made items for my family and friends for the holiday season. Keeping this in mind, especially with many people having a tighter budget, I still love the idea of giving homemade, edible gifts. You can skip the wrapping paper and package the gifts in reusable containers (recycled ones such as jars as well) and keep it simple with a ribbon and gift tag. Homemade gifts from the kitchen, and your heart! With the spirit of keeping your holidays "green" this year....may these recipes inspire you to package up your own tradition and version of a holiday homemade gift from your kitchen.

Blueberry-Pecan Pancake Mix
Say goodbye to box or frozen mixes> Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months.
Makes 2 1/2 cups dry mix, for 16 pancakes

Mix Recipe
Whisk 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup each whole-wheat flour, dried blueberries and finely chopped toasted pecans, 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking power, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.

(You may package the above mix up to keep on hand for the holiday or make multiple batches to give as gifts.)

TO MAKE PANCAKES
Whisk 2 large eggs, 2 large egg whites, 1 1/2 cups nonfat buttermilk and 2 tablespooms canola oil in a medium bowl. Put Blueberry-Pecan Pancake Mix in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mix; add wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Use about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Makes 8 servings, 2 pancakes each

Find attractive containers, more gift ideas and print recipe gift tags for this pancake mix and a Maple-Nut Granola and GOURMET SPICE RUBS for the meat gourmand on your list at eatingwell.com/holidaygifts

Feel free to share your ideas with us here on this thread.
Good food, good folks, goodbye for now. Joanie :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby mikeschn » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:49 pm

Cookies in a jar!
http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/giftsi ... 22099a.htm

* Chocolate Chip Cookies
* Chocolate Cookies
* Decorative Brownies
* Deluxe Candy Cookies
* Hot Homemade Cookies
* M & M Cookies
* Oatmeal Plus Cookies

:D
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby devigata » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Hot Chocolate Mix

4 cups powdered milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
mini-marshmallows (optional)

Give in a nice mason jar with a couple of mugs.
devigata
Donating Member

Postby Juneaudave » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:05 pm

I agree...Cece's recipe book has some good one's we were going to use

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=6828
:thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2