Duvet covers?!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Duvet covers?!

Postby fireaunt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:34 pm

I finally submitted and bought a comforter and duvet cover. Why does that sound like the thing in european bathrooms? Anyway I didn't see any instructions with the cover. Buttons, the thing has buttons, but do they go at the head or foot? Do they really wash the covers between each guest in the upscale hotels. It was a hassle to stuff the comforter but maybe it gets easier the more you do it. :?
fireaunt
500 Club

Postby Jazzy Lynn » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:24 am

The easiest way I have found to stuff a comforter in a duvet is to to stick one corner of the comforter inside the duvet corner and safety pin them together on the outside. Then do the same thing to the next corner. Then, since I am really short, I stand on a chair and hold the edge with the safety pins. I hold up the duvet with the comforter inside it and shake it so the comforter can spread out and fill the duvet. I always put the buttons/snaps at the bottom. I'd like to know how others have attacked this beast.
Barbara :x :x
Today is forever!
Jazzy Lynn
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:39 am

If you turn the duvet cover inside out and clamp your corners you can then turn your cover and give it a good shake. Then every morning give it another good shake to get it leveled.

In Norway we all had windows to hang them out of to air. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:14 am

People being people, I sincerely doubt any hotel washes their duvets after every usage, no matter what they may tell you.

Comforters can be difficult or almost impossible to wash and expensive to have dry-cleaned. The thicker or bigger the comforter, the harder it is to deal with. I used to have the biggest, a Calif-King comforter. It wouldn't fit in my washer and would barely fit in the biggest washer at the laundromat. Using a duvet on that one was almost a necessity! Putting it on wasn't that difficult. Here's how I did it:

1) Remove the pillows, so you have a flat surface to work on, and lay the duvet on top of the bed with the closure area (zipper or buttons towards the foot area.

2) Fold the bottom up, over the top until the bottom portion of the duvet is inside out and is folded over its top portion, like a sock cuff.

3) Insert the top of your comforter into the duvet, getting the comforter corners all the way up into the duvet corners and ensuring that the top seams are even with the corners.

4) Smooth/lay the comforter out flat, as if you had just made the bed.

5) Carefully pull the duvet's edges down over the comforter, unfolding the 'cuff' area as you do this.

6) Once the duvet is in place, secure the zipper or buttons at the foot.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Creamcracker » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:30 am

Miriam C. wrote:If you turn the duvet cover inside out and clamp your corners you can then turn your cover and give it a good shake. Then every morning give it another good shake to get it leveled.

In Norway we all had windows to hang them out of to air. :thumbsup:

From a long term Duvet user on both sides of the "pond" ....By Golly..Miriam's got the answer......you'll soon get the hang of it.
Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Return to Lady Teardroppers