Info Desired

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Postby Rock » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:26 am

Bingo. This as is currently listed on EBay.

The logo is exactly the same. This is absolutely the only reference I have found. Still not sure if alcohol is the fuel or something else. The stoves in the 1911 ad look more ornate/Victorian than mine. They also mention a "brass wick." So I'm guessing mine is newer, having a generator and looking more utilitarian.

It is gravity feed, Doug. The only challenge will be getting the generator apart and somehow salvaging the needle and getting a functional knob on it.

Eric
Rock
Teardrop Master

Re: Shelf Queen

Postby rainjer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:01 pm

halfdome, Danny wrote:He wanted me to buy a replacement globe so the original doesn't get broken. Figures from a serious collector, I'll use it as is. :snow Danny

The reason he said that is the older globe will break more often because of the age of the glass and the amount of use they had. The more heat cycles they get the more brittle they become. The new ones seem to hold up better. I have read stories of lanterns sitting on shelves an their globe will crack without any warning.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Mark72 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Nice find Eric! Now comes the challenge to make it burn! Don't forget to post the pics!

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:46 pm

I cleaned everything inside, put it back together & it works fine now. It's the 202, :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby doug hodder » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Nice job Danny....the fount on that one really looks like it's in great condition, now it's ready for action. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Re: Info Desired

Postby PresTx82 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm

Rock wrote:Found an oddball today:

Looking for any info such as fuel type, etc. The ID on the bottom of the primer pan is pretty washed out. I can clearly read "Newark, NJ". The name of the company is in script and all I can read for sure are the last two letters "ha". The name might possibly be "Alpha". Not sure.

One leg has had a hack brazing repair job and the needle valve screw/handle is broken off. Overall it should clean up nice.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Where'd you find this one?
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby Rock » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:59 pm

Found it in an antique mall within sight of the house - 30 minutes east of Toledo. They get a lot of stuff in there that has obviously been sitting in a barn for 50 years or so. One man's trash.....

This gets me to thinking about how much stuff went to the smelter during the war effort. I mean just try and find a decent blacksmith's anvil. Word is they mostly got melted down as there was little need for them on the farm. The copper/brass content in my stove would have made a 50 caliber shell or two I suppose :D [/u]
Rock
Teardrop Master

Postby PresTx82 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:13 pm

Rock,

It uses alcohol for fuel. I'm still getting more info on it.
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Previous

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment