First Annual Lady Teardropper Gathering

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

First Annual Lady Teardropper Gathering

Postby savano » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Ok, since I am responsible for hijacking the security thread, I thought we could move this idea to its own thread. :o

What does everyone think about a Lady Teardropper organized gathering?

Everyone is welcomed - Guys, kids, dogs, gerbils and Powder Puffs, we want to include the TTTs, don't we? and Katrinka's conversion of course!

Does it need to be held in the same place every year? we could rotate the location from year to year - north, south, east, west, midwest - so everyone has an opportunity to attend.

So what does everyone think?
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Sally,

It's a great idea, we had the 1st Annual "Women in Tears" at St Joseph Peninsula State Park in Florida last Spring, and this year it is being held at Manatee Springs State Park in March, and we have more lady trailer owners and builders than ever, plus a few guys will be along for the more mundane chores ;) Pictures "Women In Tears"

I do like your thinking .... maybe in a couple of years we could have an "East meets West" gathering.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby savano » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Thanks, Steve, for letting me know about the Women in Tears. That picture is great.

I should have done a more thorough research before I posted this.

Your idea of East meets West is perfect. This might be the solution.
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby b.bodemer » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:01 am

Sounds like an awesome idea........................... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Joanne » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:14 pm

savano wrote:Thanks, Steve, for letting me know about the Women in Tears. That picture is great.

I should have done a more thorough research before I posted this.

Your idea of East meets West is perfect. This might be the solution.

Sally, just add "West of the Mississippi" to the name of the event and you're good to go. I think it would be a lot of fun to attend. (I'll bring the cast iron.....)

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby kayaklover » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:35 pm

Count me in ! I'm always ready for a gathering. :applause: :applause:
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Postby mandy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:41 pm

I need to check in more often. That sound great. :thumbsup:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:56 pm

Sounds like a cool idea, but how in the world would we all get together?

I'm thinking if there is an Int'l TD Gathering, we need to have ladies night, with a girls only campfire, plenty of wine , ya know...

Or it makes me think... me and Kajamelu and others talked about having a "ladies only" campout... if the men want to , they can camp over nearby but we would do our own... after all , we know how to back up trailers, cook dinner, build campfires.. mix drinks, go into town and get dinner would be more like it !!! haha
Maybe if/when we have one here inthe OKC/DFW area, then the rest of you gals can have ones on the same weekends and we can have a virtual experience!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby catrinka » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:35 pm

Sounds like an awesome idea but for me to join it would have to be fairly far north in the states. Its almost a 3 day drive to get down as far Butte, Montana. Right now, the other factor would be the exchange on our dollar. If it stays where its at I won't be going anywhere south of the border in 2009. It does sound like a great idea though.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:55 pm

catrinka wrote:Sounds like an awesome idea but for me to join it would have to be fairly far north in the states. Its almost a 3 day drive to get down as far Butte, Montana. Right now, the other factor would be the exchange on our dollar. If it stays where its at I won't be going anywhere south of the border in 2009. It does sound like a great idea though.

It was nice to meet you in Minden. The price of gas might make up the difference Cathy.

Ok City would be great for me but quite a run for most of us. If we can get all the names of women who are interested and capable of a long run then we could decide somewhere central. For me in 2009 might be hard as I need to go to VA to see my granddaughter graduate high school.

Most places central will be closer to me anyway! Remember that Minden is this year and Redwoods next! :twisted:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:08 pm

No matter what area is decided on, it will be a long haul for some of us.
Maybe the answer is to make the trip more interesting somehow....

Hey! What about a couple caravans? If the people from the West meet up along the way and the people from the East meet up along the way, we'd all have camping buddies as we head towards the center and it truly would then be East meets West! (Do you remember the pictures of the trains meeting when the cross-country railroad was finished?)

It has been said that a journey has its own rewards....
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:33 pm

I would truly love to do this but I am in South Florida and I couldn't make the LCG because it would have taken me 15-16 hours to get there. I told my husband I was gonna try and make the Minden trip and he told me I was dreaming. I was.

I think it would be cool to plan a weekend where all the ladies go camping that same weekend all over the U.S. (and Canada...like a huge slumber party) take pictures or video and post them. Sadly, that is probably as close as I'll ever get to camping with all of you. :(
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:03 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:I would truly love to do this but I am in South Florida and I couldn't make the LCG because it would have taken me 15-16 hours to get there. I told my husband I was gonna try and make the Minden trip and he told me I was dreaming. I was.

I think it would be cool to plan a weekend where all the ladies go camping that same weekend all over the U.S. (and Canada...like a huge slumber party) take pictures or video and post them. Sadly, that is probably as close as I'll ever get to camping with all of you. :(

Becca it would take you about 26 hours. However there are some amazing things along the way! And I mean Amazing! You can also fly and stay in the motel. The motel is extremely clean and they give special rates for attendees. You can cook in the camp.

Dreams are meant to come true.

For a beginning---a scattered slumber party would be wonderful! I'm in as long as it isn't during graduation. :twisted:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby annalbs » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:07 pm

i'm definitely up for something! just let me know when and where! i like the idea of several gatherings. maybe do four or five separate ones this year for each area.... like northeast, southeast, northwest, southwest, and central. then like every other year we could do a big gathering for everyone. just a thought.
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:16 pm

OR .... girls, now here's another idea.... Let's all book a cruise and just tell your hubby's and significant others that we're "camping" and we'll pretend...

hahaha :lol:
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers