First Annual Lady Teardropper Gathering

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby annalbs » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:50 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:OR .... girls, now here's another idea.... Let's all book a cruise and just tell your hubby's and significant others that we're "camping" and we'll pretend...

hahaha :lol:

now that's another idea i can get behind! :thumbsup: :lol:
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby Eunice » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:14 pm

I love the idea but probably wouldnt make it very far away. Having several gatherings at the same time would be fun. We could have cell phone numbers and keep in touch with everyone plus lots of pictures and videos. sounds like fun
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Todah Tear » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:01 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:I would truly love to do this but I am in South Florida and I couldn't make the LCG because it would have taken me 15-16 hours to get there. I told my husband I was gonna try and make the Minden trip and he told me I was dreaming. I was.

I think it would be cool to plan a weekend where all the ladies go camping that same weekend all over the U.S. (and Canada...like a huge slumber party) take pictures or video and post them. Sadly, that is probably as close as I'll ever get to camping with all of you. :(

Maybe have a Lady Teardropper gathering in the respective areas on the same weekend. At a designated time, link up via webcam on yahoo messenger (Some us have aircards and such for remote internet.).

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Eunice and Todah... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:54 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Eunice and Todah... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thinking: Wonder how many women we can get in each area. I can do anything within 5 hours easy (except at graduation).

Julie we can probably get the group thing at Crawford. It was pretty secure.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:42 pm

This might be too soon for some but we have the Sweetheart Gathering being held Feb. 12, 13, 14th at Manatee Springs State Park here in Florida. There are about 12 T&TTT and approx. 18 people going to this gathering. So, if any of you are up to trying to make this work for that weekend, that would be too cool. It's also Valentine's Day weekend. Suuuuuweeeeet.

Oh, I'm changing my avatar tomorrow
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:07 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:This might be too soon for some but we have the Sweetheart Gathering being held Feb. 12, 13, 14th at Manatee Springs State Park here in Florida. There are about 12 T&TTT and approx. 18 people going to this gathering. So, if any of you are up to trying to make this work for that weekend, that would be too cool. It's also Valentine's Day weekend. Suuuuuweeeeet.

February would probably be too wet for me. The redwoods stay wet even when it is not raining but if that is the date we pick I will certainly try. The web cam idea is great. I watched my grandkids in Idaho open Christmas presents. It was the best Christmas ever. It would be fun to watch everyones campfires all around the country!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:00 am

People in the Northern parts of the country (Washington to New York+) could still be under a pound of snow and cold in February. Also, many campgrounds close down for the winter and don't open back up until April/May.

The 'last gasp of summer' (A week-end in September?) might be a good time for a virtual get-together. The weather is usually good just about everywhere then. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:50 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:This might be too soon for some but we have the Sweetheart Gathering being held Feb. 12, 13, 14th at Manatee Springs State Park here in Florida. There are about 12 T&TTT and approx. 18 people going to this gathering. So, if any of you are up to trying to make this work for that weekend, that would be too cool. It's also Valentine's Day weekend. Suuuuuweeeeet.

Oklahoma Jewel, weren't you talking about Lake Murray at one time? How about the February dates for some of us South central ladies?

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm

oops. I typed my response before I fully read your response S.Heisley. Yes, a warmer month may be best for all regions.

Todah
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby NWsage » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:52 pm

Count me in! I'm itching to take the teardrop out again. As long as the roads are passable, I'm game for just about anywhere west of the Mississippi. Suanne :applause:
NWsage
Donating Member

Postby Gaelen » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:51 am

OK, I would definitely be under a foot or more of snow if I were on home turf (central New York.)

BUT...

I am going to a writing conference and Westminster KC dog show (and doctor checkups, but I'm not going to dwell on those...) in NYC from Feb 7-11, and on the 11th I am flying out to FLORIDA (Orlando area) to stay until Monday, Feb. 17. I've never been to Florida, and my brother rents a condo there for three weeks while he's doing three trade show conventions in a row. He flies his family down from the Upper Penninsula of Michigan for part of the time, and I'm going to join them.

Becca, I looked it up on Google maps, and it looks like Manatee Springs SP is only about 135 miles from where we'll be near Orlando. In NY, that's about the distance from my house to Buffalo/Niagara Falls (west) or Albany (east). In my world, that's a dog show day trip! I'd be up for a drive and to do some Florida exploring...and that looks like an easy drive. Is it something that would be do-able? Because if it is, I'd love to 'drop in' for a day!

Otherwise, I think a gathering weekend when we all touch base at separate campsites all over would be a really, really cool idea.

I'll be at Fish Creek, tearin' up the Adirondacks, in June...
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Gaelen wrote:

OK, I would definitely be under a foot or more of snow if I were on home turf (central New York.)

BUT...

I am going to a writing conference and Westminster KC dog show (and doctor checkups, but I'm not going to dwell on those...) in NYC from Feb 7-11, and on the 11th I am flying out to FLORIDA (Orlando area) to stay until Monday, Feb. 17. I've never been to Florida, and my brother rents a condo there for three weeks while he's doing three trade show conventions in a row. He flies his family down from the Upper Penninsula of Michigan for part of the time, and I'm going to join them.

Becca, I looked it up on Google maps, and it looks like Manatee Springs SP is only about 135 miles from where we'll be near Orlando. In NY, that's about the distance from my house to Buffalo/Niagara Falls (west) or Albany (east). In my world, that's a dog show day trip! I'd be up for a drive and to do some Florida exploring...and that looks like an easy drive. Is it something that would be do-able? Because if it is, I'd love to 'drop in' for a day!

Otherwise, I think a gathering weekend when we all touch base at separate campsites all over would be a really, really cool idea.

I'll be at Fish Creek, tearin' up the Adirondacks, in June...

Gaelen, definately do-able! It would be great having you and whoever you bring join us. If you decide you want to spend the night, I have all the tent luxuries you would need, including large, comfy cots. Or, there is a nice coastal town close by called Cedar Key that has accomodations.

I am really glad you will be joining us and we will get to meet you finally.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby fireaunt » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:11 am

I thought I'd bump this to the top, if nothing gets set before next Oct. the LCG IV could have a regional committee meeting for the lady teardroppers. Even if some gathering happens before then we ought to set a couple of hours at LCG to visit.
fireaunt
500 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:13 am

Hi all~

Not sure where I've been.... but need to add my 2 cents here! I have talked with a lot of Lady Teardroppers in my region about and all girls weekend with favorable response.... I think various gatherings through out the country on the same weekend might work out okay. There are quite a few of us planning on Minden, but with the economy as it is, I'm sure many will be missed!

I'd love to get a group together somewhere in this area.... and LOVE the cruise idea but not sure about the $$$$ on it!

Let's definately keep the idea going!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers