Brain Tumor Successfully Removed (Info Provided)

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Brain Tumor Successfully Removed (Info Provided)

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Hello everyone, it's been quite some time since I've posted. This post is for the sole purpose of helping others who might be faced with an Acoustic Neuroma brain tumor. I want you to know that there is hope and guide you to where that is. If you ever hear of a forum member (perhaps on the "Angel Prayer List") or anyone else faced with this challenge, I hope you or an administrator can remember to access the archives for this post and don't hesitate to contact me by PM.

The extremely large size of this tumor and its location presented a life threatening situation for me. The tumor was 4.6cm and severely compressing my brainstem. Top neurosurgeons, Dr. Derald Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz, of the House Ear Institute in California, successfully and completely removed this tumor in a 12 hour surgery. It should be noted that they did what the famed Barrow Neurological Institute in Arizona said they could not. People come from all around the world to see Dr. Brackmann for his groundbreaking surgical techniques with this type of tumor removal.

It is my hope that right along side of Cajun's Lady's "Angel Prayer List" can be an equal sized "Answered Prayer List"... and put my name at the top.

With much gratitude I can say I'll see you down the road teardroppin again soon!

Scott G.

Oh, and what would a post be without pics right?

Last edited by Oasis Maker on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dreadcptflint » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Wow, very cool that it was removed. I hope to see you out on the roads.

:thumbsup:
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby angib » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:18 pm

Congratulations, Scott, and nice to see you back here. That's a photo of a bigger monster than I've ever seen before.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:30 pm

Scott,

Glad your back to postin on the forum, and no worries about Auntie M asking for the :pictures: That one was impressive.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Joanne » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:47 pm

Scott,

We were talking about you a couple of days ago, wondering where you had gone to. Now we know....

I believe in the power of prayer so I will keep you in my prayers for a full and complete recovery. :worship: I am thankful that Dr. Derald Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz were able to remove the tumor.

I look forward to seeing you at an upcoming gathering!! :thumbsup:

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:54 pm

:worship: :thumbsup: Well thank God and a wonderful surgeon. Yes I believe in giving the surgeon credit too.

I would love to know what your symptoms were??? And thank you very much for the picture.

Per your request Scott, I have made this an Announcement for all to post they "Well Again" stories and information.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby planovet » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:14 pm

Wow! As a doctor I always want to see the pics. That is a very impressive mass in a really bad spot. I'm glad they could remove it without any complications. Congrats and prayers answered!
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby madjack » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:45 pm

Scott, good to see ya here again AND to hear you are well on your way to recovery :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .............. 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby sdtripper2 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Scott: :)

It seems you found the right doctors and have had the right outcome.
It is good to see your posting again, and looking forward to travel.

Best wishes for the New Year ~ :thumbsup:

See you on the road ~ bud 8)

Steve
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby Sam I am » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 pm

Scott, I'm glad you found a doctor with the skill and courage to go after that tumor even when some "experts" said it couldn't be done! We need more doctors like that! Have a happy New Year, and a good recovery!
:thumbsup:
Sam
Sam I am
500 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:00 am

Miriam C. wrote::worship: :thumbsup: Well thank God and a wonderful surgeon. Yes I believe in giving the surgeon credit too.

I would love to know what your symptoms were??? And thank you very much for the picture.

Per your request Scott, I have made this an Announcement for all to post they "Well Again" stories and information.

Thanks Miriam. You have always been such an inspiration and a consistent source of caring around here. Surprisingly my symptoms were only decreased hearing of the upper registers in my right ear. I only made an appointment with an ENT doctor to have my ears cleaned! Thank goodness he was so thorough as to schedule a brain MRI.

Oh, and I wasn't being literal about the posting for "answered prayers" in this forum, but it sure is a list i would love to see exist in everyone's life facing a health crisis like this or any other crisis. That's why the most important thing I can do is help as much as I can, and what better way than through this forum that means so much to so many.
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Juneaudave » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:29 am

Simply inspirational!!! Best wishes...David
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Oasis Maker » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:42 am

Joanne wrote:Scott,
I look forward to seeing you at an upcoming gathering!! :thumbsup:
Joanne

You know it Joanne! To see you and Steve again teardroppin some place beautiful will be awesome!

sdtripper2 wrote:Scott: :)
Best wishes for the New Year ~ :thumbsup:
See you on the road ~ bud 8)
Steve

Happy New Year to you too Steve and everyone else! Thanks! (And MadJack, I look forward to shaking your hand one day my friend.)

Scott G.
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:56 am

P.s. Hey Miriam, I think the subject title got a little mumbled around when you so graciously made this an Announcement/stickie? It reads a little confusing on my end from the original "Brain Tumor Successfully Removed". For anyone that ever has one of these suckers, I just want to be sure I can specifically and absolutely help them. However you feel we can best do that for the archives - I appreciate it!

Scott G.

P.s.s. Maybe we make it a "Gratitude List" for thank you's and positive acknowledgments of all kinds. To other members for helping advise on a build, healings, answered prayers,... etc. Definitely a good list to keep on an individual level, and I think just as good to do as a forum community too.
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Best wishes

Postby Nucleardrop » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:34 pm

Scott,

Best wishes!! We have a family member with a medulloblastoma and know how difficult the surgery ad therapy can be.

Ken and Susan
Nucleardrop
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Off Topic