Old Fishing Equipment

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Postby Juneaudave » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:19 pm

Here's some mystery handlines that my wife brought home from Michigan many years ago.

I thought the smaller ones might be for whitefish...but the big dude has a 14 oz weight marked RUTFRI LANES, Oslo, Norway with about a 2 1/2 treble hook attached. Odd thing about it, that big guy makes no sense to me...14 oz weight and a huge treble...in Michigan?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Nitetimes » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Juneaudave wrote:Here's some mystery handlines that my wife brought home from Michigan many years ago.

I thought the smaller ones might be for whitefish...but the big dude has a 14 oz weight marked RUTFRI LANES, Oslo, Norway with about a 2 1/2 treble hook attached. Odd thing about it, that big guy makes no sense to me...14 oz weight and a huge treble...in Michigan?

For pullin' bodies out of the lake!! 8) 8) :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Juneaudave » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Nitetimes wrote:
Juneaudave wrote:Here's some mystery handlines that my wife brought home from Michigan many years ago.

Well..these were from Michigan, not Chicago :thinking: :thinking:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Nitetimes » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Juneaudave wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:

Well..these were from Michigan, not Chicago :thinking: :thinking:

Same lake???? :lol: :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

steel rods

Postby doitright » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Anyone familiar with a (vintage) fishing pole made of steel?

Rob I know nothing about them but I have two of them one is octagon and the other is round both are spin casting rods. I will get a photo soon.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

fishing

Postby doitright » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Here is some of my fishing stuff that I could find, and some other stuff.
First pole is a bamboo, 2 is a octagon steel, 3 is a round steel that is all I know. I do not know but someone came over one time and said two of the reels are really good ones. Most all of the stuff was given to me.

here is another view

here is some small stuff you would not believe what the rack is

Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Re: fishing

Postby Nitetimes » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:03 pm

doitright wrote:here is some small stuff you would not believe what the rack is

Kevin

Looks like a pool cue rack to me.
Rich

ImageImage
-
- Thomas Jefferson -
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Gun rack or pole rack turned 90 degrees? Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

rack

Postby doitright » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Doug you got it. It is turned 90 d. but not what you are thinking. But you and others may not be old enough to know. I did sell stuff off one of these when I first started working at a drug store years ago. Back then no age limit for selling Cig`s. Not that many brands back then as now and there were not any 100`s. Aso lots were no filter. When I got it it was laying on the floor just as it is hanging on the wall and did not know what it was untill I got home and had time to think.I got it from a joint in what they called skid row when the city decided to bull doze it. The problem they forgot to tell the owners but that was the south in the 70`s and some things never change. Well that is another story.
Kevin

That is what I like to do not change the old but find a use for what I can use it for today. That way I feel I have protected my past and the history. Too many people just junk it and buy new at wally world.
Years ago when I was about 10 a 90 year old lady took me in her back yard and showed me what she called the past pre 1900. A junk yard that had 50 year old trees growing in it we dug and found lots of old glass. I may not be able to dig there today but I can keep what I can going to the dump at not or very little cost.
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

rack

Postby doitright » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Doug you got it. It is turned 90 d. but not what you are thinking. But you and others may not be old enough to know. I did sell stuff off one of these when I first started working at a drug store years ago. Back then no age limit for selling Cig`s. Not that many brands back then as now and there were not any 100`s. Also lots were no filter. When I got it was laying on the floor just as it is hanging on the wall and did not know what it was until I got home and had time to think.I got it from a joint in what they called skid row when the city decided to bull doze it. The problem they forgot to tell the owners but that was the south in the 70`s and some things never change. Well that is another story.
Kevin

That is what I like to do not change the old but find a use for what I can use it for today. That way I feel I have protected my past and the history. Too many people just junk it and buy new at Wally world.
Years ago when I was about 10 a 90 year old lady took me in her back yard and showed me what she called the past pre 1900. A junk yard that had 50 year old trees growing in it we dug and found lots of old glass. I may not be able to dig there today but I can keep what I can going to the dump at not or very little cost.
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment