54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby twc3 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:55 am

Interesting...try this for a search. Cancer electric heaters

Sounds as this problem is not just with electric blankets, it includes all kinds of “Electric” Heat devices.

I take a risk of getting “Cancer” from City Air (Auto Pollution), Food, and Bad Habits.

I am not going to rip out any baseboard or electric heat from my House because I could get cancer. My house was built in the early 1950's and might have lead paint.

I will stick with the blanket; there is no open flame near me or near my child. I will take the risk of the "Cancer".

These are the downfalls of life, but I am willing to suffer in this life, as there will be none in the next life.

My 2 Cents

TC
twc3
Teardrop Advisor

Postby TDMusher » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:56 am

So maybe the best choices mentioned so far are really the various plug-in 12-volt heaters, or the dogs. (Yes, the alcohol also has its serious problems ...)

I'll stick with the dogs for several reasons....No power drain on my battery, No extra expense (I already have to feed em) and I will have them along anyway.... :lol:

Oh, by the way: In case you are wondering, I am not a medical doctor.

Darn.....I was all set to tell my wife I had medical advice that it was beneficial to sleep with my dogs.....of course she doesn't really care since she sends me to the dog house quite often :lol:
actually we had already considered one of the 12v blankets. She gets pretty cold and when she's with me that seems the best way to go....she claims the dogs smell and she definantly won't go for the alcohol idea....fussy woman..... :lol:

Les
TDMusher
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Heat?

Postby Wellcraft290 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Wellcraft290
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques