cad victory

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:06 pm

...Mike, the pro version has the fillet cmd and some others and it does offset also...once I figured out how to strike an arc, it all started coming together for me and now it is just a matter of figuring the rest out...I will definetly be going for the pro upgrade. It is a simple program(no 3d modeling) but I noticed in the help section that it will do 2d stuff and a number of tools are added in the pro version...Thanks very much for the compliments, coming from a "CAD master" like yourself makes it all the the better I just wish I would've had this program a year ago( or 10, or 20). I also just figured out how to draw all my lumber dimensionally so now I can do more than just a line drawing...like making an actual blueprint with all of the (accurate) info in place for building. I also have a cut list program for laying out multiple cuts on sheet goods to get your best usage, between the two, well.........what else do you need but a fully equipped shop and a truck load of materials(and some time) :thumbsup:

madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:23 pm

madjack wrote: I also have a cut list program for laying out multiple cuts on sheet goods to get your best usage...)

First let congratulate you on a fast paced learning. I have AutoCAD 2005 and a book for AutoCAD 2002. It makes for pretty boring reading and I'm not sure that I need all the details that it is going into to start with. I also have a copy of CadStd and have not played with it much yet.

Secondly, what is the "cut list program" you have and were did you get it? I seem to spend alot of time when preparing for a project, using a piece of paper and pencil to figure out the cut list. A program would save me alot of time and energy.

Thanks
Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:25 pm

I'm still super-impressed, Madjack! Great stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:32 pm

...goto www.sheetlayout.com and D/L "SL8 full version"...it has an evaluation version that is free and full featured but limits the number of cuts/sheets you can do at one time...not a problem for smaller projects like we are doing here....and throw that pencil and papre away :lol:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:40 pm

Thanks madjack!!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby ralaco » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:09 pm

You can try:
emachineshop
http://www.emachineshop.com/audio/flywheel.htm

It has an audio tutorial that let you draw parts step by step in 3D, in a flash and it’s free.

Raul

:twisted: :thumbsup:
ralaco
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:11 pm

Here's an easy one to play with, that has a little bit of horsepower. And it's only $28 if you want to register it...

I was able to make a drawing in just a few minutes...

Oh, btw, this runs on Windows, Macs and Linux...

:D

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:16 pm

Congrats on your work so far MadJack...I've been wanting to learn that also, but don't seem to have the time...I'm a lot quicker with my old drafting board, T square, scale, compass and ellipse template....I'm impressed with your results for as long as you have been working with it...Someday.................doug :thumbsup:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Previous

Return to CAD secrets