Hi, happy to find you!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Hi, happy to find you!

Postby Ruby Colorado » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks, Auntie M, for pointing me in this direction! (And be sure to note my Cairn terrier, i.e. Toto dog, in my avatar.)

I just purchased Steve Wolverton's Puffin 2 http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=26957 to add to my trailer collection. I'm a vintage canned ham freak but have always wanted to build a teardrop. Instead, Steve got to build it. I'll make some modifications: ventilation, 30 amp hookup, 7-way harness, vented battery box, some 12V & 110 outlets inside & out and of course, stunning decor!

I'd really like a 50's decor and name my trailer The Flying F (as in F for fiftiesl yeah, right...) But this will primarily be a business trailer. One to have fun in though.

Look forward to reading through the posts.

_Ruby Colorado (aka Rebecca)
Vintage Trailer Addict
Ruby Colorado
Donating Member

Re: Hi, happy to find you!

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:25 pm

Ruby Colorado wrote:Thanks, Auntie M, for pointing me in this direction! (And be sure to note my Cairn terrier, i.e. Toto dog, in my avatar.)

I just purchased Steve Wolverton's Puffin 2 (http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=26957) to add to my trailer collection. I'm a vintage canned ham freak but have always wanted to build a teardrop. Instead, Steve got to build it. I'll make some modifications: ventilation, 30 amp hookup, 7-way harness, vented battery box, some 12V & 110 outlets inside & out and of course, stunning decor!

I'd really like a 50's decor and name my trailer The Flying F (as in F for fiftiesl yeah, right...) But this will primarily be a business trailer. One to have fun in though.

Look forward to reading through the posts.

_Ruby Colorado (aka Rebecca)

Hello again Rebecca! I will fix your url for you. If you leave off the parenthesis they should work for you.

We would love to see your canned hams too. Give Toto a big hug from Aunti M. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby fireaunt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm curious about how you are going to use it for business, are there pic of the other TT you own in your album? How long have you been having fun with them? What got you started?

It's great to have you, there is the Lady Teardroppers and the Cast Iron groups to explore as well as your region of the country.

Howdy Y'all from TX
Marilyn
fireaunt
500 Club

Postby Ruby Colorado » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:18 am

fireaunt wrote:I'm curious about how you are going to use it for business, are there pic of the other TT you own in your album? How long have you been having fun with them? What got you started?

As one of my businesses, I run an educational site on Feline Diabetes ( http://felinediabetes.com ) and also sell specialized litter boxes for diabetics & renal failure cats. They are also a very eco-friendly product. Anyway, I have members of the site all over the US and try to visit different places to interact with members. Also, I go to vet conferences occasionally and also to pet fairs. So the Puffin 2 will be plastered with advertising graphics, provide a cheap way to travel, and just be fun.

No pix in my album right now. I believe I have some pix of my 1954 Aljoa (though none recent) on one of my websites at http://blinddogranch.com . It is my primary trailer that I use when I travel with my hubby & dogs and is also my trailer for trips with the Sisters on the Fly.

Strangely enough, the old animated TV show, Ren & Stimpy, got me interested in trailers. There was a canned ham depicted frequently as their living quarters and for years I wanted a "Ren & Stimpy" trailer until I found out they were called canned hams. And then I found out about tear drops. My 1948 Kit was one of the first canned hams ever produced. Kit was, I believe, the first company to manufacture and release a commercial teardrop right after WWII. It was such a wild success, the next year they introduced a larger version, which is what I have and which is a very tiny canned ham. Mine is in very rough shape and it awaits restoration. No pix on this computer to upload. Next time I'm at my desktop I'll see if I can locate some.

_R
Vintage Trailer Addict
Ruby Colorado
Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:32 am

Welcome Ruby....and Toto too!!!! (I couldn't resist it :D )

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Michele » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:39 am

Welcome to the forum, Rebecca. :)
Hope to see more pictures of your trailers soon.
I am a total vintage trailer addict as well. Here's a link to some pictures I have collected on the web.
http://picasaweb.google.com/4cupid/VintageTrailers#
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby peggyearlchris » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Wecome to the forum Ruby. :) Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Return to Lady Teardroppers