Shenandoah Summer Fun- July 10-12 2009

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Shenandoah Summer Fun- July 10-12 2009

Postby wanders » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:01 pm

OK Tearjerkers, we will gather Friday July 10th through Sunday July 12 at the Shenandoah Valley Campground in Verona, VA. The campground has full facilities and is located on the Middle River, a Shenandoah tributary. The location is near the Junction of I81 and I 64 so will be very convenient. Their website is http://campingisfun.com/.
If you have a reasonably fast Internet connection, be sure to check out the virtual tour. It’s pretty cool! There is even Karaoke and a DJ on weekends for those interested.

This event is co-sponsored by the Old Dominion Tearjerkers and the Southern Appalachian Tearjerkers.

We are penciled in for sites 34-43 all of which have water and electricity and are located right on the river under the trees. If you fish, bring your gear. There is a stocked pond on site, as well as good smallmouth bass fishing in the river itself.

There’s a lot to do in the surrounding area including wineries, walking tours of historic Staunton, theater, and hiking on the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is a supermarket close by for all the things you forgot to pack.

The rate is $34.00 per night for two people. Make your reservations EARLY as this place is quite popular and tends to fill up fast in peak season. When you reserve, let them know that you are with the Tearjerkers and the Andersons. That way they will keep us together. Call 1-800-310-2580 to reserve

Let’s get a good turnout! Please message or e mail me when you register.

See you then.

PS: We had thought about VA Beach for this one, but rates were outrageous. I’ll see if there are off season rates in the fall.
Last edited by wanders on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Reservations

Postby John T. Hodgen » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Hey Guys,
Linda and I have gotten reservations for the july gathering. :thumbsup: We've already paid for one night and the rest when we get there. :applause: The "Costa Lotta" will be there too. ;)
The Spring Fling @ the Holler will be 'Costa Lotta's" Maiden Tearjerker'd voyage. I went to Tn for that chapter's Warrior's Path Gathering and tented it -- drove my bike since Linda had to work-- had a Great time!!! :D
See Ya in July---Til later by the fire--John T. 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi John,

Delighted you are coming.

Wally
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby Spotman » Sun May 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Wally & Cathi,

Made reservations, looking forward to meeting everyone. 8)

Bob & MaryBeth
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby wanders » Mon May 11, 2009 5:07 am

Spotman wrote:Wally & Cathi,

Made reservations, looking forward to meeting everyone. 8)

Bob & MaryBeth

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else. This is growing fast. Looks to me like we are off to a great start.
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Hoping to attend in July!

Postby Alfred » Thu May 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Hey Y'all,

Just emailed Shenandoah to inquire about reservations, hoping to bring the family, see some teardrops, meet some great folks, etc. Looking forward to hanging out with Wally and Cathi, too!

Al in Asheville, NC :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Postby wanders » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Anyone interested in this gathering should reserve NOW. Got a call from the campground saying there is one site left in our block, with the rest of the place nearly booked.
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

how many does that make????

Postby John T. Hodgen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Hey Wally and Cathi,
Just how many trailers are signed up??????
Til later by the fire--John T. 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Re: how many does that make????

Postby wanders » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 am

John T. Hodgen wrote:Hey Wally and Cathi,
Just how many trailers are signed up??????
Til later by the fire--John T. 8)

9 at the moment.
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby mccjeff » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:27 am

Hi folks. Would it be ok with ya'll if the wife and I stopped by to bug you relentlessly about your trailers? I think we'll go stay the weekend with some freinds in nearby Madison that weekend. Pam has never seen one so I was hoping to be able to introduce her to teardrops firsthand and not just pictures on the interweb. I was hoping to find a "sponsor" or at least a name/face/trailer that I could introduce myself to when we got there so I wouldn't feel like I was intruding TOO much. Thanks in advance and hope to see you there.
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down.
mccjeff
Teardrop Inspector

Postby John T. Hodgen » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:53 am

hey Mccjeff,
Sure-- comeby. pictures to whet your appetite, here are my t/d and camp pitures; http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/panheadjohn60/ c ya soon.
til later by the fire--John T. 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:48 pm

mccjeff wrote:Hi folks. Would it be ok with ya'll if the wife and I stopped by to bug you relentlessly about your trailers? I think we'll go stay the weekend with some freinds in nearby Madison that weekend. Pam has never seen one so I was hoping to be able to introduce her to teardrops firsthand and not just pictures on the interweb. I was hoping to find a "sponsor" or at least a name/face/trailer that I could introduce myself to when we got there so I wouldn't feel like I was intruding TOO much. Thanks in advance and hope to see you there.

No problem at all. I haven't met a teardropper yet who didn't mind giving tours :D

As chapter directors, we'd be glad to "sponsor" See our album here to know who and what to look for.
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby mccjeff » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:03 am

Excellent! See you guys there.
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down.
mccjeff
Teardrop Inspector

Postby wanders » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi All,

I should have said something earlier, but in the finest Tearjerkers tradition, bring along something to grill for Saturday night as well as a side dish for potluck. Anyone who cares to do something cool in a Dutch oven could give the rest of us lessons!

The weather looks great:

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Water level in the river look good for fishing too...

For all you passionate readers, the Green Valley Book Fair is on. This is overstock from publishers sold at DEEP discounts, like 60-90% off retail! Cathi and I are hooked on it. It's 15 minutes from the campground. More info at
http://www.gvbookfair.com/july09.html

Antique hunters and jewelry mavens shouldn't miss Rocky and Brenda's just North of the campground on Rt 11.

If you like the theater, Shenandoah Shakespeare has a matinee at 2:00PM Saturday of The Merry Wives of Windsor. See:

http://www.americanshakespearecenter.com/v.php?pg=365
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby wanders » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 am

Got to agree with John T about tired from too much fun!

All in all, a rousing success! :applause:

Thanks to everyone who came and made this thing go
Round one of photos can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/olddominiontearjerkers/

Stay tuned for more news...
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Northeast