To kill or not to kill

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Should I

Poll ended at Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Throw him in the river
43%
Encourage my wife to run off with him
20%
Make him pay for his crimes
9%
Suck it up and let bygones be bygones
23%
Adopt him and tell him its ok
6%

Total votes : 35

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:32 am

:thinking: Greg, one thing you might do is be on hand for the next project. If your camper was 20' from where he was going then you might really have a problem. Could be he forgets and headed for what he was looking at. If that is the case, some really good drugs could help the "poor fellow" out." There are a lot of people running around with real and significant, but treatable issues.

Second if he doesn't tear your stuff up when you are around then you might want to reconsider having him around or put up a camera. :( :thinking:

You know we had a friend of our children coming around and stuff got gone for weeks at a time. I put the rumor out that I had a camera up and stuff just started staying where I put it. Seemed to have more gas in my truck too. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Laredo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Sounds to me like what this guy needs is to be expected to pay for the damage -- and not with money he gets from you or your wife.

If nothing else make him come and do the heavy labor -- with close supervision -- of taking off the hatch and setting up the repair parts.

It might cure him of wanting to "help" around your place at all, if he stops getting a free ride for "sorry, it was an accident."

The answer to that hereabouts is always, "I understand you didn't mean to make the mess, but that doesn't absolve you from the responsibility for cleaning it up."
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Greg, it might be a mistake, but what if you asked (demanded) that he helped you repair it. He might get a sense of awareness if he is involved. BUT... if he's just to stupid, don't invite him back unless you "secure" your valuables before he arrives.

I have a son who generally costs me something when he helps me. I'm still trying to seal up the oil drain plug on the old Mustang after he stripped it when changing the oil. :cry:

Although he is "blood", I cringe when he helps sometimes.

Neither of these things (yours or mine) were done on purpose but they still cause grief in one way of another.

Oh well, life goes on. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby greg755 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:54 am

Well I think what I'm going to do is find a nice medallion or logo ( go Gators) of some sort made out of pot metal or brass or chrome, and I will mount it over the hole as if it was meant to be there.

Maybe I will add two more brake lights (a matching one on the other side.)

Maybe I will put a Hatch on a hatch, A little door I open when I want to get into the cooler instead of opening up the whole hatch...

If I haven't figured out what to do by the time I get to Fish Creek next month, maybe Ill get some better ideas from Steve, Rick and other teardropers that will be there.

A bigger problem is trying to figure out how to get the mattress out of it with out destroying the bed... It will be ok for a camping trip or two, but it is just to tall...
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Previous

Return to User Polls