First Solo Camp for Lady TearDropper!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

First Solo Camp for Lady TearDropper!

Postby annalbs » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Well as many of you know Eddie and I been camping all over the south in our little Caj-Inn since it was finished. But this past weekend was my first solo camp with the TD. Well solo as in just me and my two nieces. No Eddie to help with (i.e. do most of) the loading up, driving, and setting up. I have to say I was nervous about doing everything by myself but it all went fairly smoothly! I left LA on friday morning, picked up my two nieces in Diamondhead, LA and we made our way to TopSail Hill State Park in Santa Rosa, FL. After a long drive we made it Friday evening and set up camp. We camped until Sunday then headed back home. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed spending some quality time with my two nieces. And I was extremely proud of myself for doing it by myself... even the backing up (my biggest fear!) Needless to say this won't be my last solo excursion...

Some pictures of our weekend!
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby iplay10us2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Awesome, and good for you! The pics are great and you sure gave your nieces a good memory!
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:20 pm

That's so great -- chick weekend with the nieces.

They'll treasure these memories forever.

You are a good aunt.

:thumbsup:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:28 pm

...all I can say is...YOU GO GIRL :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...good to see up and goin' :applause: :applause: ....... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:52 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Oh what fun! I sure wish I could do that. Course, my nieces are grown. :thinking:

Good job Auntie Anna!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 pm

I'm so proud she did her first solo. And will be so glad to get home to see the camper to make sure there is not scratches on it LOL
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby cdfnchico » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Very cool! I'm inspired and am looking forward to some solos of my own
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby NWsage » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Sounds like a wonderful trip ... and such beautiful pictures. I love camping solo ... can't wait for our weather to dry up here in the northwest.

Suanne
NWsage
Donating Member

Postby iplay10us2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:19 am

I am headed out soon for only my 2nd trip in my teardrop. I have had it for just a few months, but the weather hasn't been too great for camping. I am headed to White Oak Lake State Park here in Arkansas.

I will be going solo....except for my 2 dogs. I am also going to load my kayak on top of my car in case I want to paddle and/or fish.

I am trying to get in several small trips before I head for South Dakota in early June to visit the Black Hills/Badlands area.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:52 am

Way to go Anna! :thumbsup: :applause: A couple of more solo's and Eddie will need to build his own Teardrop. :lol:

Your pictures were beautiful.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby annalbs » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks becca! and thanks to everyone for your kudos! yeah i'm thinking eddie might need to start another one... JK but seriously i was surprised how empowered i felt doing it by myself and how much i enjoyed it. this will definitely not be the last solo trip
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby peggyearlchris » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:50 am

Anna,Thanks for sharing your trip.Beautiful pictures. Some day I hope to do a solo. :) Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:10 am

I am back from my second trip in the teardrop. I went to White Oak Lake State Park here in Arkansas. I am going to try and pick campgrounds where I have never camped and get out of my comfort zone. I hope to get a few more camping trips in before I head out to the Black Hills/Mount Rushmore on my big solo trip.

I did have lots of people stop by and want to talk about teardrops. Most of the people had seen them on the RV channel. Several seemed amazed that I would be setting everything up by myself, but I told them that it really was pretty easy.

Image[/img]
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:45 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Looks like a wonderful place to camp. Congrats on the solo. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:06 pm

It looks like the doggy babies enjoyed the campout too! I too have been trying to go to different campgrounds. I am going to a new one next weekend called Highlands Hammock in Sebring, FL. I've been to 5 different ones so far in Florida. My two favorites were Manatee Springs and Ft. Clinch.

I think we should start a new topic where we rate campgrounds that we visit. Give the pros and cons to help out future campers. Hmmm...I think I will.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers