Camper Toolkit

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Camper Toolkit

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun May 03, 2009 7:37 pm

When I bought my camper and was having a blast furnishing it, one of the first things I did was build my toolkit. The tool bag is really strong and I got it on sale at Home Depot.

I tried to make sure I had a tool for almost every need, plus duct tape of course. I have used the WD40 on several occasions and the zip ties almost every time for one thing or another. Just wanted to share my tool pics with you.

My toolbag

My camper tools

These aren't in my toolbag but I use these little clips for hanging my lights under the canopy, hanging clothes or anything I need to clip together. Home Depot, $.37 each. They are sturdy and so handy.
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Sun May 03, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby prohandyman » Sun May 03, 2009 7:39 pm

Becca
You are going to make us men campers drool over that bag 'o tools! :thumbsup:
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun May 03, 2009 7:47 pm

:lol: Dan, I felt so proud at one campout when I noticed this guy eyeing my toolbag. He finally asked what I kept in it and I showed him. He asked if it was my husbands and I smiled and said, no, it's all mine and I furnished it. He said I had a good assortment of tools.

I like my tools. :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun May 03, 2009 9:52 pm

8) Now you just need some bailing wire .................... :D

Thanks for the reminder Becca. I need to make one up for our trip since it isn't my car and doesn't have my goodies.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon May 04, 2009 9:10 am

Ahhhh...yes, I do need to put some of that in there. Thanks M.

I also have rope but keep it in the storage part of the Tear. I keep spare tail light bulbs too. The electrical tape was hiding in the toolbag so it didn't make the picture.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon May 04, 2009 10:44 am

Hi, Becca:

Forgive my ignorance...Part of the tool with the yellow handles is covered up by the tie bag. What is that?

Thanks!

Oh! And, what is that thing sitting on top of your gloves?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon May 04, 2009 11:37 am

Sharon, those are flat nose pliers that I use when I fish. It can also open a bottle top. I didn't buy that one...I've had it a long time. I've got a pair of needle nose pliers in there too. That clamp thingie is from a diamond saw blade that we use here at work. I used it once when I misplaced my lock on the trailer hitch when I was towing. It's handy so I keep it with my tools.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby bg » Mon May 04, 2009 1:25 pm

Mine is largely the same with the addition of my 30A - 15A dog bone, 3D & 2 AA mag lite, and some misc nuts/bolts/electrical accessories for the trailer.

I need to add a few more things - it's still evolving.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon May 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Bobby, I keep 2 really good flashlights in the camper on each passenger side. Bought them from Home Depot and they can fit in the palm of your hand. They weren't cheap but well worth it. I need to get one for my tool kit though.

I just bought a Tire Inflator from W-M on my last camping trip. I had to borrow one from another camper to inflate my bike tires. It's pretty nice for $15. Has a light and pressure gauge on it. Plugs into your cig. lighter and the cord is 10' long. Plenty long enough for what I need it for. It stays in my SUV, along with jumper cables and a heavy duty tow roop rig. That came in handy once while camping with my son. He went and bought the same set up after that. I don't work for Home Depot but they sure get a lot of my money.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon May 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Thanks, Becca. A lot of times ideas spring from things that happen when you don't have what you need to fix the problem or from someone else's suggestions. I like thinking ahead by building on suggestions the best! :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon May 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Sharon, I've gotten so many good ideas and tips from the guys and gals on this forum. This site has a wealth of information contributed from so many talented people. When I can share just a tiny bit of what I have or do, it makes me feel like I'm a part of the club. It's a good feeling.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Fri May 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Don't let her fool ya, she uses those gloves for oysters. :lol:

Good collection of tools there Becca. Paul keeps similar tools in a tool box. It's when I see the second tool box come out that I start to worry.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat May 09, 2009 9:38 pm

Lynn Coleman wrote:Don't let her fool ya, she uses those gloves for oysters. :lol:

Good collection of tools there Becca. Paul keeps similar tools in a tool box. It's when I see the second tool box come out that I start to worry.

Lynn

:lol: No, no....I used my welders gloves (dutch oven gloves). They have never been the same since! :cry:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby fireaunt » Tue May 12, 2009 2:47 am

one of my favorite things a is one of those li'l swiss army knives - little blade, file, flat screw driver, tweezers, tooth pick and scissors. all in a 2 or 3 inch pkg ;)
fireaunt
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue May 12, 2009 11:32 am

fireaunt wrote:one of my favorite things a is one of those li'l swiss army knives - little blade, file, flat screw driver, tweezers, tooth pick and scissors. all in a 2 or 3 inch pkg ;)

Yes, me too! I carry one in my glove box in my Escape. My boys used to call me "Suvivormom". ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers