Is you trailer covered

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Postby dreadcptflint » Wed May 06, 2009 9:50 am

Our trailer is fully insured on a seperate policy. We went to our broker and he was able to add it to the bundle of insurance that we have (home, cars, etc) and it was only a hundred or so extra a year. We haven't needed it but I would rather have it and not use it than need it and not have it.
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Mine is a separate policy with State Farm and is $99/year. I will have to look and see what my deductible is, though, because I can't remember.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Spotman » Wed May 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Mine was totaled, by Nationwide, was given good full coverage +. I only had it hooked up for about 15 minutes before I was hit.

Bob
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed May 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Spotman wrote:Mine was totaled, by Nationwide, was given good full coverage +. I only had it hooked up for about 15 minutes before I was hit.

Bob

Good to hear it Bob. I think I will get mine done this year. Wonder what State farm will do it for or AARP............
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Sparksalot » Wed May 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Spotman wrote:Mine was totaled, by Nationwide, was given good full coverage +. I only had it hooked up for about 15 minutes before I was hit.

Bob

Wow, you'd think inusrance company folks would be more careful in their driving. :shock:
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed May 06, 2009 5:53 pm

State Farm...separate policy...$35 per year. Fully insured plus contents.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby iplay10us2 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:09 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:State Farm...separate policy...$35 per year. Fully insured plus contents.

Dang it! $35/year for all of that? I need to talk to my State Farm agent who just happens to be my sort of brother-in-law. ( His sister is married to my brother).

Great rate!
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Creamcracker » Thu May 07, 2009 8:35 am

Ok...I figured I'd visit State Farm and see what they would quote me however they say that the tow vehicle has to be insured with them in order to quote....I DO NOT want to change my auto insurance from my current carrier! Does anyone have their trailer insurance with a seperate company than their auto policy?

Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby Nitetimes » Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

Creamcracker wrote:Ok...I figured I'd visit State Farm and see what they would quote me however they say that the tow vehicle has to be insured with them in order to quote....I DO NOT want to change my auto insurance from my current carrier! Does anyone have their trailer insurance with a seperate company than their auto policy?

Philip

Check the ones that advertise insuring your toys, I'm sure they'd give you a quote for the trailer. An insurance broker might get you the best coverage/price.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue May 19, 2009 7:19 am

Ours is also Nation Wide full coverage. My concern would be if you are not, what about liability.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby vjarreau » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 am

If you have liability insurance on your vehicle, it usually extends to whatever trailer the vehicle is towing. However, the comprehensive and collision usually does not extend to the trailer. That is usually insured based on the value of the trailer. HOWEVER, said comprehensive and collision are only in effect when the trailer is coupled to your vehicle, as opposed to when it is being stored, parked and unattached to your vehicle. Said coverage probably also doesn't cover air conditioners, heaters, TV's and other expensive add-ons or options, if you purchase a custom made TD.
vjarreau
Teardrop Inspector

Postby EffieRover » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:32 am

Currently insured for $1,000 damage to trailer only (no contents) $15/yr with State Farm. Planning to raise that to $4,000 when it's restored for $65/yr. Deductible: $50. Exceptions: flood. Acts of God (hurricane, forest fire, tornado) are actually covered.

We get a discount for having our home, auto and personal liability umbrella with SF already.
Loy, happy wife to Dan, proud momma to Kiera & Alannah.
http://66shasta.blogspot.com/
EffieRover
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to User Polls