how organized are you for each camping trip

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

How organized are you for each trip

We are very organized
43%
mostly organized some improvements needed
25%
we are organized for each trip, but in a rush are not
9%
grab my close through in what I want to take and go
7%
We are working on it but have not gotten there yet
2%
It took years and lots of campouts but I got it figured!!
14%

Total votes : 44

how organized are you for each camping trip

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon May 04, 2009 7:24 pm

We just got back and while on the trip and there, there were things we never found until we got home to unpack.

what have you done to organize yourselves, the trailer, each trip.

Please share with us some ideas.
We have lots of packs with different stuff but have not quite got it.

We are working on a chuck box design but just have not gotten the just of it all yet. ;)
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby NCrado » Mon May 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Before we went on our first trip(last month) in our TTT, we set up camp in the driveway,evrything,complete, just like it would be on the trip.Then, packed it all up into the camper(except perishables). The day we left for the trip, we put our clothes in there and a Rubbermaid box of food supplies, and off we went. We have it set up that way now, all we need is clothes and food, everything else is already in the camper.
I know, my vent's bass ackwards!
NCrado
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Mon May 04, 2009 10:46 pm

We have plastic boxes that contain cooking stuff, lights and clamps for the easy up and everything else is stored under the bed. Just need clothes and food.............a book or two. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Jst83 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:37 pm

No answer for me, I'm usually working on the camper the night before and packing on the fly and forgetting half my stuff. Organized what's that mean. One of these days maybe :lol: I'll be glad to read all the tips
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby chorizon » Tue May 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Very organized. But I always forget something!
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

Postby lisasweetie » Tue May 05, 2009 5:46 pm

I've been tent camping with rubbermaid boxes for years. When I got my TD I unpacked 3 camping boxes and will only need to load clothes and food when I'm ready to go. My secret is that the TD owns it's own set of stuff (spices, pots and pans, paper products, tools, etc....). That and the big stuff lives inside the TD (easy up, luggable loo, potty room). I hope this helps.
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby NCrado » Tue May 05, 2009 5:50 pm

lisasweetie wrote:I've been tent camping with rubbermaid boxes for years. When I got my TD I unpacked 3 camping boxes and will only need to load clothes and food when I'm ready to go. My secret is that the TD owns it's own set of stuff (spices, pots and pans, paper products, tools, etc....). That and the big stuff lives inside the TD (easy up, luggable loo, potty room). I hope this helps.

yep, that's the way ours is. We enjoy going to yard sales to see what we can find for the camper.
NCrado
Teardrop Master

Postby 48Rob » Tue May 05, 2009 6:58 pm

We are very organized...(yeah right!) :rofl:

Actually, I'm a fairly organized person, though constantly suffering from CRS.
So...we made sure everything has a place, and we put it there.
Almost everything we need for camping is in the trailer, all the time.

All I have to remember to bring is food, money, and some clothes...though if I forget those, I have some extra's packed away, clothes, not food and money.
Plenty of stores along the way to get food, and though CRS is bad, I never forget my wallet...;)

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue May 05, 2009 7:14 pm

We spend about 90 minutes going over key items, such as menu , forcasted weather, and site features. Based on this we make a complete check list.

menu ... what do we need to cook the meals we have planned. Dutch oven or grill maybe the stove top cook top or the toaster oven for biscuits. What type of coffer maker electric or on the cook top or maybe on the campfire. Coolers and ice needed for number of days you are out.

Weather ~ Do we need rain gear, clothing selection based on temps expected ie. tee shirts or long johns and sweats is the big question. An extra pop up with side panels. cooped up ??maybe a movie or two or board games. July and 110 degrees hope there is ac and bring an air conditioner or a couple fans

Site features no potty bring your own ~ no running water bring your own ~ no electric bring alternative equipment gas lanterns propane cooking equipment battery on board dc equipment and fan.

As an ex scout the motto still rings true be prepared. Some things never leave the tear.... cordage to tie things up or down or make temp repairs. Duct tape ,Americas repair kit, for everything from splinting a broken bone to keeping a shade tarp in place or a temporary fix for a roof leak . First aid kit , flashlight , potty paper and paper towel. A small stash of very basic hand tools and a little electrical wire and tape for trailer repairs. A few well chosen pots and pans utinsels and a good sharp knife or two. an emergency mylar blanket for shade or body heat. A couple blankets for heat and a tarp for rain shelter. A couple hot pads to safely handle cooking equipment and a couple towels bath and / of dish towels. A wash cloth or two a little dish soap and a jug of handy wipes. Aluminum foil( the heavy duty stuff america's pot and pan set in a roll ) there is nothing you can not cook with a big roll of HD aluminum foil. matches ~~~stash matches here and there and everywhere you can never have too many.

A funny story Brown county last spring our 2nd out and 1st big gathering. After a late night rain I was attempting to coax a drowned campfire back to life a couple miniscule coals were quickly dieing and I was attempting to coax them back to life with small treats of TP and paper towel, I had found the matches , both books soaked and useless. There was one book partley protected under the cook top and the last match struck and I was able to coax the fire back to life with the last match. It was 4 am and I was not about to bother anyone and I was so proud of my fire starting ability. The dog and I enjoyed watching the fire grow with the little treats we were able to feed it and it was a roaring nice breakfast fire by the time ol what's her name emerged from the tear. I chronicaled my heroic efforts in great detail as I handed her her morning coffee brewed on the very same fire. Basking in my glory and braced for glowing praise she yawned and stated" Why didn't you use the cigerette lighter in the truck "
:x :x

Shot right out of the saddle :fb
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby NCrado » Tue May 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Rob,you sound like me! Our first trip,last month, i packed everything i needed, extra socks & shoes (they were calling on rain),shirts,underwear,even one set of dress clothes(incase we descided to go to church), just no pants! All I had was the jeans I had on for a one week trip! :oops: Now ,there's a couple of pairs old jeans in there! Thank goodness i didn't forget the wallet!!
NCrado
Teardrop Master

Postby b.bodemer » Sat May 09, 2009 10:55 am

I use a check list but it also depends on if it's a weekend trip or a week long trip.

I think it was Becca who posted a pic of her rolling shelves. I copied the idea and now between the check list and the stuff on the shelves I'm pretty good to go!

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby devigata » Sat May 09, 2009 12:38 pm

We have one of those fold-up laundry hampers that holds anything that needs to go into the trailer. For instance, the dish towels we bring in to wash after a trip go into the hamper when clean. Also, anything we think of in between trips gets tossed into the hamper. When packing up the food and clothes for a trip, we just pack that hamper too.

It works well for us, but I think we need to be a little more organized. I seem to be running around doing a lot of last-minute packing.
devigata
Donating Member

Postby Mini Renegade » Sat May 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Being ex Army I like everything organised and in its place. Usually in plastic boxes, one has kithen utensils etc in, one has non perishable food in and a cool box has the other food in.
If evvr tha dus owt fr nowt, allus do it fr thissen
Mini Renegade
500 Club

Postby Dean_A » Sat May 09, 2009 2:27 pm

We have 4 categories of stuff.

-- Stuff that lives in the tear all the time (most camping stuff)
-- Stuff that goes in the back of the SUV (chairs, folding table, grill, etc). This stuff stays in big plastic tubs in a special place in the garage and is always ready to go
-- Food
-- Clothes

We've only been on 2 trips so far, but it's taken less than an hour to get packed up and on the road.

We also have a nice check list that we go through prior to leaving to make sure we haven't forgotten anything.
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Postby ssrjim » Sat May 09, 2009 3:26 pm

I always forget something.
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to User Polls