Events? Washington 2006

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Postby catrinka » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:11 pm

I'll keep looking in the Kamloops area then for a place to camp.
catrinka
500 Club

Events? Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:52 am

I guessing that it will take about four days to travel for Soldotna to Kamloops. So you know the area, and you can search out a nice campground. Maybe one with a hot shower.

Jim, :thumbsup:
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby dahoon » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:36 am

Maybe I can help once you get to Washington. If I remember I'm about a days drive south of Cache Creek/Frazier Valley area. There are a lot of campgrounds near hear and a nice one right next door too.

Let me know how I can help.

Mike,
In Mt Vernon, WA
dahoon
Teardrop Master

Events, Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:10 pm

Mike,
Last year there was a rally in Carnation WA on the 4th of July. Have you heard if they were going to do it again aor anyother rallies in WA?
I'll keep in touch with you. I came to Alaska from Tacoma/Gig Harbor and have family there.

Jim

Cathy,
Hope you fingd a nice one, Have a good day.

Jim
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:17 pm

Jim, I've been looking at the map today and thinking that maybe the Logan Lake - Merritt area is a good place to meet up.
http://www.travel-british-columbia.com/maps/pdf/Thompson_Okanagan_Map.pdf

There are several lakes in the area with camping areas, just haven't found links online to campgrounds yet. I'll keep you posted.
catrinka
500 Club

Events? Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:03 pm

Cathy, Your cat picture is gone! But the trailer looks great too. I just got back from putting on the second coat of varathyne inside my tear. Setting the windows I got from Grant in CA. Then put the top aluminum on and hatch, finish up the galley and wa-la, finished. I think?

The Merritt area you mentioned sounds lovely and all the lakes to choose from... can't wait to meet you guys. Didn't those hats and cups look great for the Redwood Gathering?

Later, Jim
Last edited by rooster on Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:11 pm

Jim, the cups and caps do look great! The cat pic may be gone but its not forgotten. The interior of my trailer will all be 'attack cat' theme. That's the easy part, wish I could build walls as easy as I can sew curtains :lol:
catrinka
500 Club

Events? Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:20 pm

Cathy, My walls are complete, that was no real problem, it's the sewing of the curtains thats going to be my hang up. My theme will be roosters. When we meet, I'll tell you why roosters.

Jim, ;)
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:32 pm

Now if you weren't so far away we might be able to work a swap of skills. Sounds like there is a good campfire story behind the rooster!
catrinka
500 Club

Events? Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:58 pm

Cathy, What all do you have to do to get your tear ready for the trip to sunny CA? I hope you have a garage to work in if you have to work during the winter.
My friend has let me use his double car garage sence March and he keeps coming in every once in a while to check on my progress.
I wished I would have found this forum sooner than I did, it would have saved me time and money. Made a few mistakes that I had to modify. but nothing serious, yet.

Jim,
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Jim,

I'm attemting to put in a galley at the back. I've got the studs up with my Dad's help but unfortunately he lives in Sask. I'm in an apartment so I've been doing my building in a storage yard but the weather is going to bring that to an end here soon. I will hopefully have April, May and June to get it ready. I did take it out Labor day weekend for a camping trip. The basic floor plan works, it just needs finishing. I guess, worse case, I could go the way it is but it would be nicer finished.
catrinka
500 Club

Events? Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:37 am

Cathy, I think we both have some serious work ahead of us to get ready in time. You might find a friend to let you barrow his/her garage during the cold months, even if it's on a weekend. At least you can work and be warm at the same time.

Jim, :worship:
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:24 am

Jim, Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a garage to borrow. If need be, I may pull the trailer to Sask. in the spring for my dad's help. One way or another, I'll have it ready to go.

Cathy
catrinka
500 Club

Events? Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:08 pm

Cathy, I have noticed that some of the fellows have a white carport type coverings with the tear inside. Of course you mentioned you live in an apartment, maybe you don't have room for one. Just a thought.

Jim
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:41 pm

Jim, Unfortunately that is not an option. My bottom 3 levels of my building are parkade. Even if I was allowed to park a trailer inside, I would have the challenge of actually managing to get it into a parking stall. :lol: I still need to practice this parking thing. But its not going to be in a parkade. :thumbdown:
catrinka
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North West