Stolen 1946 Benroy Teardrop

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby Terri Magill » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:55 am

I have enjoyed your website, your passion and enthusiasm. I too am a Teardrop enthusiast. My 1946 Benroy Teardrop (pictures in personal gallery) was stolen on May 31, 2009. She has been totally reconditioned inside with all pine cabinets and Naugahyde memory foam mattress, and outside with aircraft grade aluminum and many more customizing features.

I am posting this notice in hope that you can assist me in finding her. I have not received any communication from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department , Lemon Grove station, Detective Sherman 619-337-2000 (Case #09039653) with regard to their progress and I am absolutely heart-broken with her absence.

As you can see in the Rear View photo, "Benroy" is the License plate and "Benroy" is engraved in the chrome bumper.

As you know, all of the Vintage Teardrops have unique style and
personalities . . . so if you or anyone has seen or sees this sweet retreat on the road or in a campsite anytime after May 31, 2009 it doesn't belong there. I am offering a $500 reward for information leading to her recovery.

Please contact me with any information or questions. I sincerely
appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you very much! > Terri Magill 619-840-1720 :cry: :cry:
Terri Magill
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:08 am

You can bet that this very tight community will keep an eye out for such a unique trailer... and you can equally bet that if found by a fellow teardropper, chances are they will thankfully insist that you keep your $500. We are family here and seeing your teardrop returned would be plenty reward for me at least.

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Terri Magill » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 am

Thank you Scott! Your words are comforting . . .
Terri Magill
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:25 am

Terri,
Joanie and I will be keeping our eye's peeled for it here in the Northern end of the state... We see quite a few teardrops passing through here during the Summer months.
Our hearts go out to you!

Here's Terri's Benroy...

Crooks will most likely ditch the personal plate (Shame) so study her features folks!!!
Last edited by Dean in Eureka, CA on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:26 am

Terri,

I see you got your photos posted in your album. And like Scott said, I'm sure the folks here will keep a close eye out for it.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Kevin A » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:31 am

I'll be watching for it too. I also made the thread a sticky to keep it up on top for you.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Dean_A » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:53 am

Terri,

I do a lot of camping in San Diego/So. Cal., so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Sorry about your loss.

--Dean
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:56 am

...man, that really sucks...we'll keep an eye out down here in the swamps...has anyone posted about this over on the Tearjekers Forum???????
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Yes Jack,
Just posted an APB over at Tearjerkers.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Thank you ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Postby Terri Magill » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:27 pm

I am thrilled with ALL of your support and compassion for my recent loss. I have printed a bunch of flyers and will passing them out and posting them in the Spring Valley area this weekend. LuvYaT :applause:
Terri Magill
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Terri,
I also posted an APB on Grant's site too, so you're on the "Big 3"...
So where was your trailer stolen from?
Say, the louver vents below the hatch, those are unique aren't they?
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby teardrop_focus » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:37 pm

^ ^ ^ Good eye! That's a louvre'd bellypan; a custom sheetmetal feature sometimes seen on real hotrods. I like this trailer better evey second! We'll find it.

:pipe: <--- so says Sherlock Holmes!

It would crush me if my tear were stolen! Of course, it's design and build are all I can think about at the moment...

Terri, that's a fantastic-looking teardrop! I live in Los Angeles County and I will keep an eye out for your teardrop... and you can rest assured that if I see it, I will call the local authorities first and you a quick second. I've just entered your phone # in my cellphone.

:thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Stolen 1946 Benroy Teardrop Additional Info

Postby Terri Magill » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Benny was stolen from 2348 Highview Lane in Spring Valley, CA. The San Diego Sheriff's Dept, Lemon Grove Station's Detective Sherman is the invesitagor. 619-337-2000 Case #09039653.

When this happened (May 31, 2009) I was on a road trip in North Carolina from Asheville to the Outer Banks (unfortunately without my rig!) I spoke with the initial Deputy on June 1st with regard to the theft the general description and VIN but have not been able to speak with Detective Sherman since my return on June 8th.

I am headed out the door with my flyers for the Spring Valley area and the Lemon Grove Sheriff's station to ensure that Detective Sherman knows what he is looking for.

FYI - The builder/craftsman responsible for Benny's incredible style is Tom Eckholdt of Good Guys Rod & Custom Association. I bought the Teardrop from him in 2007 and have only done some very minor maintenance and convenience type repairs and additions.

Thanks again . . . what a great bunch of guys! LuvYaT
Terri Magill
Teardrop Inspector

Postby nevadatear » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:39 pm

No doubt whoever did this awful thing is not a teardropper and therefore has no idea how much attention he will garner just pulling it anywhere. Hopefully he has already figured out it brings him more attention that he wanted and has ditched it somewhere safe and will soon be found. although we live in NV, we are I-80 so will keep an eye out.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby KDOG » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Wha...? :shock: :x Grrrr this kinda stuff makes my blood boil. You can bet we will keep an eye out. Can we go Jack Baur on them if we catch them?
FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.
KDOG
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves