Please, help our search for Inside Cabinet Design Ideas ~

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby planovet » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:32 am

I finally got the back cabinets done. Here they are in case anyone is interested:

ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby SIXTOTWO » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Well, here is the headboard so far. Lid lifts up like a toy box to store stuff not used that often. We will put lighting up above.
:D

Another view from other side...
:Oh Brother:

Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
******Embarassing our kids, just another quality service that we offer!******
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby Dragonryder » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:03 am

Hey Planovet. I really like your cabinets. They are exactly what I had in mind for mine. If you don't mind, where did you get the sliders and containers for the drawer area? I'm really not very good at making drawers and I think these would be perfect.

Beautiful job!!! :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:
Have a great day and hoping the weather is great no matter where you are!!!

Signed, Me
Dragonryder
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi, Mark(Planovet):

If you ever get tired of being an animal doctor, you could become a furniture doctor/cabinet maker! I'm guessing you could do anything you wanted to and it would be excellent! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby planovet » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Dragonryder wrote:If you don't mind, where did you get the sliders and containers for the drawer area? I'm really not very good at making drawers and I think these would be perfect.

Thanks! I didn't want to mess with drawers either so I got them from the Container Store (I have one about a mile from my house). They are Elfa drawers and they fit perfectly. They also lift out easily. Saved a lot of time over building my own. Link

S. Heisley wrote:If you ever get tired of being an animal doctor, you could become a furniture doctor/cabinet maker! I'm guessing you could do anything you wanted to and it would be excellent!

Thank you Sharon, you give me way too much credit. But I must admit they turned out pretty good for my first time making cabinets. But I think I will keep the day job. I surgically removed a ribbon from the intestines of a cat today. Without surgery that cat would have died. That's the high that I crave, saving cats and dogs. The ultimate job satisfaction. :)
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Here are my unfinished interior cabinet doors for you folks to see as these are the only 2 I have recently done. Waiting for warmer weather so I can coat them with marine varnish. I,ll add more pics as I progress. ;)

These are Finnish Birch and Mahogany Centers. Waiting for our Pewter Moose door knobs to arrive from the USA.

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Dragonryder » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:11 am

Hey Planovet, Thank you so much. This should make the drawers so much easier. You did an excellent job on your cabinets. I just hope that mine turn out half as good. I can see where your job would be very rewarding. Where would we be without cats and dogs. Personally, I'm a dog person. I am owned by a Miniature Schnauzer, she is 15 years old and certainly a part of our family. Once again, thanks for the info. :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:

And for Classic Finn, that is a great look. I'm guessing that is the way I'm headed with my cabinet doors. I'm guessing that is a sheet of Mahogany with trim? I will probably go with something a little less for the inner part. I want to paint the centers beige, and the trim burgundy. Please do keep us posted on the progress.

I know I've said this before, but I promise I will post pictures as soon as I get my new laptop. By the time I found out how to shrink my pictures to fit, the motherboard in my computer crashed. I lost several build pictures. I think I still have some mock-up pictures, pictures of the frame and a few build pictures. As soon as the rain stops, I will get more and post them. Please bear with me. :?
Have a great day and hoping the weather is great no matter where you are!!!

Signed, Me
Dragonryder
Teardrop Master

Postby wlivesey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:29 am

Here are the unfinished cabinets for my Winter Warrior inspired build. I was going for a smooth, modern look. Unless my plans change, again, they will be stained in ebony.

Here they are while still under construction.

wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby gjenkins » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:09 pm

SIXTOTWO ... I am diggin your build! I like the minimal moving parts and fixtures.
gjenkins
Teardrop Builder

Postby SIXTOTWO » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:08 pm

gjenkins wrote:SIXTOTWO ... I am diggin your build! I like the minimal moving parts and fixtures.

Thanks!! We're almost finished!!!
Terry and Sue Landis
BUILD THREAD
Image Image
******Embarassing our kids, just another quality service that we offer!******
SIXTOTWO
Donating Member

Postby bohemian » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Front cabinet
bohemian
Donating Member

Postby bohemian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Back cabinet
bohemian
Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm

CaseyKraft 2 simple lightweight galley. The Panel with the photo mural on it can be opened from inside the sleeping quarters to access the coffeemaker and other essentials with the galley hatch closed on those cold and rainy mornings.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GeoDrop » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:04 am

Our cabinets are now finished enough to post pictures.

Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Postby Jim Anders » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:11 am

Rickxr2 wrote:Nothing fan

Great looking cabinets!! One question, how do you drain your AC? I was thinking of putting my AC in a similar location, but I thought it needed to drain. Thanks, and I hope my cabinets look half as good.
cy in the cabinet work, but I did round the drawer fronts for a little added touch.

You can't tell by the pictures, but they are made the same way as a whiskey barrel (without the scorching and whiskey and the rings, etc,). I ripped 1" wide strips with a beveled edge to make the desired curve. Bisquits and glue hold it together. The hard part was clamping it while the glue dried, it kept trying to roll away. Screws from the back side hold the curved front to the drawer box. It took a little trial and error to get it all aligned. Hopefully I won't have to do it again, once was enough fun for me.

Jim Anders
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques