Hello New single lady camper

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Hello New single lady camper

Postby ame8199 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:55 am

Hello!
Ive been all over this board within the last week, so now I figured Id introduce myself with the lady teardroppers.

Im Amy. Im 28 in 20 days. Working on saving for a teardrop. Probably will end up getting a Rascal, unless there is a custom made one within 400-600lbs. I gotta save the money for it all so it'll be a little bit. Im a special education for kids with autism.

I plan on camping alone with a miniature dachshund. The solo camping tips are awesome. As well as this board is awesome. Thanks!
Amy
~future owner of a teardrop~
ame8199
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi Amy,

Welcome, didn't I see you getting beat up over in another thread this morning? :lol:

Hope it stays fun, I for one am glad your here.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby ame8199 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:Hi Amy,

Welcome, didn't I see you getting beat up over in another thread this morning? :lol:

yah yah, bad choice of words :)
Amy
ame8199
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:57 pm

ame8199 wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:Hi Amy,

yah yah, bad choice of words :)

Glad you got it over with right up front. I thought I showed a lot of restraint not jumping right in the dog pile. :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby rebapuck » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Hello Amy. I'm also a solo camper. Don't get out as much as I'd like, but I'm lazy.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby hiker chick » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:38 pm

You might go camping solo but with that cute teardrop and that cute pup -- you won't be alone much.

Got pup pics?

:)
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:40 pm

I guess I am a solo camper, too. But, I do camp with my 2 dogs, so I don't consider it solo.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby willik » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey Amy,

I've answered a couple of your posts. I'm a single camper (with 2 pups). Welcome aboard. If you are ever interested in a longish trip, feel free to drop in down Alabama way.

I taught high school for 15 years. I've been in business for the last 5 years. My brother-in-law built my tear. He's just finished it (actually he wanted to add a few more touches, so he's working on it still).

Karen
"I take comfort in the general unfairness of the universe." -- JMS
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby ame8199 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:23 pm

I actually want to travel all 50 states, but that wont happen anytime soon, Im sure. My car wont handle the mountains, so midwest for now until I get a better car/suv. Im planning on all this before I die. Im only 28 in 20 days.

Zach is a miniature dachshund, almost 5 years old. Hes an awesome guard dog. He will bark at anything out of the ordinary. He will bark at any man coming near us that he doesnt know. Hes more comfortable with women.

Amy
ame8199
Teardrop Master

Postby hiker chick » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:00 am

Zach is a doll!

He'll love being able to look out the teardrop windows all night and sniff through the screens.

I'm sure Gidget vastly prefers the teardrop to a tent for those reasons alone.

:)
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Amy and welcome! I'm also a solo camper most of the time and I wish I was 28 again :( . Oh well...

Your little guy is beautiful! I love his ears. I have a Maltese/Havanese mix (Maggie Mae) who has never been camping with me...yet. She will be 3 in December so I guess it's time.

I know you will enjoy this forum...the people here are wonderful! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Jazzy Lynn » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi Amy,
I'm another solo camper with dog. Jasmine is an 11 year old cocker spaniel and I said good-bye to 28 a long time ago but we are both young-at-heart. Hope you get your teardrop soon and don't forget to post pics.
Barbara
Today is forever!
Jazzy Lynn
Teardrop Master

Re: Hello New single lady camper

Postby Lorraine E. » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:56 pm

ame8199 wrote:Hello!
Ive been all over this board within the last week, so now I figured Id introduce myself with the lady teardroppers.

Im Amy. Im 28 in 20 days. Working on saving for a teardrop. Probably will end up getting a Rascal, unless there is a custom made one within 400-600lbs. I gotta save the money for it all so it'll be a little bit. Im a special education for kids with autism.

I plan on camping alone with a miniature dachshund. The solo camping tips are awesome. As well as this board is awesome. Thanks!

Hello Amy and all you Lady Teardroppers,

I'm a solo camper, but much older. Oh, to be 28 again!! I really travel alone--I don't have a dog.

To save money, I bought a Little Guy Silver Shadow "utility" trailer. It was totally empty. I bought a twin-size foam mattress, and a portable toilet, from Thrift Shops. I had a Coleman propane stove, sleeping bags, etc., etc. My trailer isn't fancy-- but I don't have a problem with "primitive."

I think the info that accompanies my name says I joined in March 2008. That's when I bought Little Guy but I have been sporadic about visiting this website. No valid reason, just sporadic.

Travel safe, and best wishes from Lorraine
Visit my blog at http://LorraineFrantzEdwards.blogspot.com and read about my travels.
Lorraine E.
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Great Blog Lorraine! You are certainly not afraid to learn new things with the web. Look forward to following your teardrop adventures. :thumbsup: :applause:
Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby legojenn » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:16 pm

At the risk of hijacking the forum, I just got back this afternoon from my first solo trip with the dogs (well, almost solo). I had too much cutlery and cooking materials, bu not enough food (like salt, pepper and butter). Someone else used to take care of that.

Anyhow, unlike my first trip, I actually enjoyed myself. We stayed at Cedar Point State Park between Cape Vincent and Clayton New York. When I got there I asked where the roller coasters were, and was abruptly answered that I must be thinking of the OTHER Cedar Point. I spent most of my summers growing up on the US side of the St-Lawrence River. It seems to be a lot more relaxing on the American side. Before I left, I was joking with friends that I had enough and was leaving the country. From my campsite, I could probably see the cottage on Wolfe Island Ontario that belongs to my uncle and cousin if I had binoculars. I don't even think roaming got activated on my mobile phone.

Me, being shy to the point of almost paralysis, must have given six or seven tours of the Moto-mate. I walked the dogs, had a nice fire and drove to Cape Vincent & wandered around its lighthouse. All and all, it was fun. I will admit that solo camping is a different way of doing things than camping with people. I do need to learn more about it to have even more fun. For example, I didn't swim or cycle, because I felt like I had to have my eyes on my dogs at all times.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers