tent campers and sleeping

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby Senior Ninja » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:17 pm

My last tenting experience was made better by the inclusion of a queen sized blowup bed. I used a battery powered pump. Also found the mattress helpful for overnight guests.
Steve

8)
Building the TD was the best thing I ever made.
Senior Ninja
Donating Member

Tent camper beds...

Postby Buckeye » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:22 pm

I have an Ozark Trail bed that is actually off the ground, about the same height as a regular bed. It has an air mattress that you slip inside - we have a queen size one. I love it - I'm getting too old to get up from the floor.

Also, we use an inverter that we put in the car if we don't have electric at the site. Then, we use an electric cord, bring it into the tent and have an electric blower for the air mattress. Partially blow up the mattress, slip it inside the bed and finish blowing the mattress up.

It is very comfortable - sleep like a log on it.

And, as others have mentioned, the air in the mattress is the same temperature as the air in the tent - so, if it is cold, your mattress is going to be cold. Be sure you bring a blanket or another sleeping bag to put down on the mattress.
Buckeye
Teardrop Inspector

Postby eveningprimrose » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:41 am

Buckeye wrote:I have an Ozark Trail bed that is actually off the ground, about the same height as a regular bed. It has an air mattress that you slip inside - we have a queen size one. I love it - I'm getting too old to get up from the floor.

Also, we use an inverter that we put in the car if we don't have electric at the site. Then, we use an electric cord, bring it into the tent and have an electric blower for the air mattress. Partially blow up the mattress, slip it inside the bed and finish blowing the mattress up.

It is very comfortable - sleep like a log on it.

And, as others have mentioned, the air in the mattress is the same temperature as the air in the tent - so, if it is cold, your mattress is going to be cold. Be sure you bring a blanket or another sleeping bag to put down on the mattress.

I think that's the same one we used. This is a picture of it. The air mattress slips inside the attached cover. We had two air-pumps. One plugged in to the cigarette lighter of the car, and one was battery operated.

We got this at Walmart. Now that I think about it, it was Ozark Trail. It folds up and slips into a bag...very easy to transport. I ordered it Site to Store. Here is the link. It looks like it is out of stock, online. But, it seems like I saw one in the store, last time I was there, so they do have them in some stores. And, it seems like it was out of stock when I first saw it, but I waited and then they had them. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=8571996

Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.
eveningprimrose
Teardrop Master

Postby DMcCam » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:36 am

We're also tent campers, at least until we build our TD! We use almost the exact same system; queen air mattress with the fold out frame. You'll sleep very well indeed. We got ours at sears. It came with the whole thing, mattress, frame and pump, even a nice tote cart. The one thing to keep in mind when purchasing these is their weight rating. Some are rated at low weights that might fail if your sleeping two. I think ours was somewhere about 500lbs which was a bit overkill but the next lower one was 350 lbs.

Cheers, Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets