Really easy black bean recipe...

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

Really easy black bean recipe...

Postby caseydog » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:12 pm

I do this one all the time with barbecue.

This is a normal size mixture, but you can double or tripple it for larger gatherings.

Two cans black beans.

One can diced Rotel tomatoes and chiles (choose hot or milder to suit your taste)

One can of Sweet corn.

Mix it all up, and simmer it long enough for the flavors to blend. You can add shredded cheese if you want, or keep it healthy without the cheese.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby KA » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:20 pm

Thanks for posting the limited ingredient recipe. We often cook similar dishes. I like to use this type of thing as a starting point for all sorts of dishes...stuffed into big noodles, as a soup ingredient, layered with tamales, olives and cheese as a casserole, over corn chips with the additon of quacamole and sour cream and salsa on top, over brown rice with some chicken sausage or tofu, etc. It is easy, versatile, and nice to have on hand for those days when you get to camp in or work on your teardrop.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Postby PanelDeland » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Throw in a few pork chops or pork loin medallions.Add a couple of taters and some sauted onion.Let it simmer a while and it makes a southwestern stew.
"I know the voices in my head aren't real,but they have some really good Ideas!"
PanelDeland
Teardrop Master

Postby sdtripper2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:04 pm

I can also appreciate meals that feature fewer ingredients.

Here is a link that will point you to many 5 ingredient fix dishes and meals ideas.

Some of the ingredient lists for the meals above:

Top 24 recipes of Claire Robinson: The "Maple Sweet Potato Puree with Caramelized Onions" are tasty too.
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby greasywheats » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:01 pm

What timing to check the forum and see this...I just made my "skillet beans" for lunch and waiting for it to cool. This is a great TD recipe and I love it at home as well. My version:

In a small non-stick pan, with a tsp. of olive oil (or other)
cook 3 slices of prepackaged polenta (or homemade ahead of time) over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes per side (i like my polenta with a tiny bit of crisp). Then add about 1/2 can of drained black beans and about 1/2 cup of frozen corn and 3 or 4 large spoonfuls of salsa (hot or mild to suit your taste). Let simmer on low for about 5 minutes to heat everything up, then toss on some shredded cheese for a couple more minutes, and viola, delicious single-skillet beans. Note- this is for a single-serving version...Its pretty easy to eyeball all the ingredients to get the amount of food you need. Wipe pan out with paper towel while warm and you're good to go. Of course add chiles, tabasco, sour cream, etc as you like! Enjoy!

Gotta go eat.
greasywheats
Teardrop Master

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2