jealous husband

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

jealous husband

Postby robertaw » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:15 pm

I think my husband is jealous of my trailer!! :shock:

Have any of you ladies ever experienced this? I really don't know how to handle it because I am NOT giving up my trailer.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Okay, so why do you think your husband is jealous of your trailer?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mandy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Kind of reminds me of this...

The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Ha!!

:lol:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Tell him to get on the puter. When Mike realized that this thing might really be built he got on and involved..........
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby robertaw » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:14 pm

mikeschn wrote:Okay, so why do you think your husband is jealous of your trailer?

Mike...

Well, as of Sept. 10th we will have been married 28 years so I know him really well. He has had kind of an attitude so I knew something was up...then I heard him tell his mom on the phone that I spend more time with the trailer than with the family!

This is ridiculous because:

1)Our kids are all grown with the exception of a 16 year old son who's idea of a good time isn't spending time with his mother.

2)I am only 50 feet from the house when I am working on the trailer.

3)I can think of alot worse ways to spend my time.

I saw him actually give my trailer a DIRTY LOOK! :x

And he refuses to help me on it anymore even though he is doing nothing else. (Okay I can live with this one. But I'll bet when it's done he sure wants to have his butt in it to go camping!)
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Invite him out to the trailer to take a nap with you! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Oasis Maker » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:30 pm

robertaw wrote:
mikeschn wrote:Okay, so why do you think your husband is jealous of your trailer?

Mike...

Well, as of Sept. 10th we will have been married 28 years so I know him really well. He has had kind of an attitude so I knew something was up...then I heard him tell his mom on the phone that I spend more time with the trailer than with the family!

This is ridiculous because:

1)Our kids are all grown with the exception of a 16 year old son who's idea of a good time isn't spending time with his mother.

2)I am only 50 feet from the house when I am working on the trailer.

3)I can think of alot worse ways to spend my time.

I saw him actually give my trailer a DIRTY LOOK! :x

And he refuses to help me on it anymore even though he is doing nothing else. (Okay I can live with this one. But I'll bet when it's done he sure wants to have his butt in it to go camping!)

Whoa. :o We have some pretty steamy teardrop threads going right now. Big difference though, "The Other Woman..." thread is definitely said tongue and cheek. (But you be serious... yow!) :?

Sounds a little backwards to me though?? Most guys like us really dig our woman folk to be into camping and teardrops. Heck, a lot of guys would just settle for it to be partially understood. :lol:

Get him an avatar, log him in, and the forum will give 'em some group counseling on recognizing a good thing. :lol:
Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby robertaw » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:55 pm

This isn't exactly a teardrop I'm working on :oops: I just really like TDs and Scottys which is why I originally came here.

I have shown him lots of pics of builds and restores on here and tried to get him interested. I even got him to watch RV Crazy with me but he fell asleep before the TD segment. :(

He likes to camp but is drawn to the big fancy motorhomes (which I HATE).

I would make him a profile on here but that would probably last about 5 minutes before he would be at another site playing poker! I will try though.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Roberta,

There are a lot of single men here on the forum that share your enthusiasm for little trailers. 32 years is a really long time. In reading your grievance it seems you feel he thinks your loyalty to him a an axiomatic truth. I think the real question is how deep is your passion for little trailers? :lol:

PS - you don't look old enough to have been married 32 years. :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby robertaw » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:22 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:
PS - you don't look old enough to have been married 32 years. :thumbsup:

Well thanks! But actually I haven't been! I've been married almost 28 years. I was 17 then and am 45 now.

It's okay with me that he is not passionate about trailers like I am. It would be enough for him to just be nice about my hobby.

On Sunday we're supposed to have nice weather all day so I am going to get my trailer roof all sealed up and put new vents on with or without him. I can get my sons or son in laws to help me. After that I can do the rest on my own.
I'm going to make another thread somewhere for advice on my roof cause nobody will ever see it if I ask here.. :lol:
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:31 am

:lol: Roberta, your husband is obviously dealing with empty next syndrome. You are getting a passion for something that is not directed by your family. Most women (and some men) go through it. You are a bit young though. Give it time and he will realize that togetherness is the idea................or get him a poker machine and put it in the TTT. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:23 am

Miriam C. wrote::lol: Roberta, your husband is obviously dealing with empty next syndrome.

Ha. (next or nest) I don't know if that was a typo or deliberate Miriam... but I like it either way. Life continues to evolve even after kids with a glorious flow - so you two keep going with it.
Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:50 am

...my wife(aka Marlene, the poor girl) was jealous of the computer...so I got her a laptop...then she was jealous of the teardrop until I involved her in the second build(after attending a gathering)...now we just have fun...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby robertaw » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:00 pm

mikeschn wrote:Invite him out to the trailer to take a nap with you! ;)

Mike...

Haha...Yeah, he's going to be lucky to get a "nap" anywhere if he doesn't start being nice to my trailer. ;)
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers