speed costs, how fast do you want to go?

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

speed costs, how fast do you want to go?

Postby kennyrayandersen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:48 pm

So, some of you know I’m working in Korea. I brought 2 bikes a road and MTB. I’m riding the road bike the other day and the seat ain’t feeling right, so I stop and it’s all loosy-goosy, and dang, I forgot my little multi-tool, and dang dang, I forgot my cell phone too; so, not wanting to risk a problem 25 miles from home, I decide to do a turn-around – it will only be a ½ hour ride this time.

I get home and start to take the one bolt that hold the seat to the seat post and the saddle falls off in my hand… oooh, good thing I turned around – it’s a tough slog without a seat between you and the post!

The bolt, evidently, is a little hard to find in Korea, since they don’t import this particular Italian bike (Kuota). So I call my LBS back in the States and order up a bolt, priority mail. OUCH. The bolt, it turns out is $19.95, and the shipping… $25.

$45 bucks! For one stinking bolt! I was kind of laughing the other day when someone was talking about spending $100 buck on a bike – they don’t realize how bad it can get if you want to go fast! Oh well, it beats riding with no seat! – now that would be REALLY painful!
:cry:
kennyrayandersen
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby planovet » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:03 pm

there are alternatives :lol:

ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby kennyrayandersen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 pm

I think my carbon bike would just buck me off if I tried to saddle him (it’s as Italian stallion!) with one of those :lol:
kennyrayandersen
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Bicycles