Letchworth State Park

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Letchworth State Park

Postby whitby guy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 am

Hi all:
Does anyone have an opinion on the best sites at Letchworth S.P.?
I thought of going over on the first weekend in Oct (I know it's the same weekend as Cranberry Lake) and then putting my trailer into storage in Niagara Falls on the way home. If the storage deal falls through, Cranberry might be a fall back weekend.
Thanks for the advice in advance.
Sandy
nothing is foolproof..to a sufficiently talented fool
If everything is under control, you're not driving fast enough
whitby guy
Teardrop Master

Postby LMarsh » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:13 pm

I can't tell you which are the best, but I've tent camped at Letchworth and it was decent, but the loop we were in felt cramped and crowded. I would think at that time of year you might be OK not reserving a site and picking one out when you get there. I can't say for sure on that but we've done it before. Plus it saves the $9 or whatever reservation fee. I wish I could be more help, but Letchworth is so close to us we never camp there, we just always visit for the day.

Lucas
LMarsh
Teardrop Master

Postby tinksdad » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:55 pm

Years ago, when I camped there, "F" Loop was where they usually tried to put the younger campers that tend to be more rambunctious. I know that's profiling; but it does happen. It also fairly closely backs up to part of the gorge, if that's a concern for you. Other than that, I liked all the campsites there.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby whitby guy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks guys.
I've booked into the 600 loop. Tried to pick a spot on the outside edge of the loop at a corner, looking for more space ('cus i'm haulin' the big trailer :lol:)
I didn't want to take a chance of not getting a spot by not prebooking, also it might help when crossing the border if I can prove my camping intentions.
Sandy
nothing is foolproof..to a sufficiently talented fool
If everything is under control, you're not driving fast enough
whitby guy
Teardrop Master

Return to Northeast