ovenette auction

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

ovenette auction

Postby TheresaD » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:35 pm

:( Sigh... I just lost an e-bay auction for a MINT stovetop ovenette. Never used, all pieces, booklet etc. I was drooling over it. Bidding got heated at the very end. I caught myself bidding much higher than I had originally planned. (e-bay is dangerous!) In the end though, I lost with 2 seconds left. :cry: Couldn't get that last bid in quick enough.
Oh well.... it's probably for the best. I would have paid more for the thing than I paid for my trailer. It sure was nice though! Perhaps some lucky person on this forum got it. I hope so. If so, then congrats are definitely in order! It's a great piece.
Last edited by TheresaD on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Re: lost ovenette auction

Postby steve smoot » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:18 pm

TheresaD wrote::( Sigh... I just lost an e-bay auction for a MINT stovetop ovenette. Never used, all pieces, booklet etc. I was drooling over it. Bidding got heated at the very end. I caught myself bidding much higher than I had originally planned. (e-bay is dangerous!) In the end though, I lost with 2 seconds left. :cry: Couldn't get that last bid in quick enough.
Oh well.... it's probably for the best. I would have paid more for the thing than I paid for my trailer. It sure was nice though! Perhaps some lucky person on this forum got it. I hope so. If so, then congrats are definitely in order! It's a great piece.

I should probably not tell the world about my trade secret, but just so you have a better chance....check out Esnipe.com. :D
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby rebapuck » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:35 pm

I had to go to eBay to see what you were talking about. By Stanley?

What would you have cooked in it? Or, since it was mint, would you have used it at all.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby TheresaD » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:49 pm

It was a West Bend Ovenette.Stanley also made them. They're from the 50s. It can be used to bake and roast in. This particular one can be used on either an electric or gas stove top. (perfect for camping) They also made electric ones as well. I asked myself the same question about the Mint condition and decided that I probably would use it. I know some people wouldn't. I see them come up every so often but I've never seen one brand new like this before. Ihad a feeling the price would go high on this one since it was so pristine. Oh well...there will be others I suppose... I hope :worship:
All The Best,

Theresa D.
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby Steve E » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi Theresa:
Well you have found the ovenette winner on the forum that pounced on it in the last seconds and won the bid. I like you was excited to find one in such primo shape and I have been lurking in the back ground since it appeared on ebay. I didn't plan to spend that much for it either but watching how the bidding was going nuts in the final minutes I changed my maximum bid to a yet higher amount and won it by the skin of my teeth. I am sorry it was a fellow teardropper I was bidding against.
We picked up a little Serro Scotty a couple of years ago and just finished redoing it a month or so ago. Had read about the ovenettes on the Scotty site and have been watching ebay for some time. I am anxious to learn the background on this one being that it was never used. Gosh, on one hand wonder if should use it and then on other hand seems like it would be a fun thing to play with.....
I sure hope you find one that you will get more reasonable and be very happy with! Patty
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mandy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Lord help you all if you discover cast iron waffle irons. :lol:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby mandy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Have you ever seen these Coleman stove top ovens? I have used one, they really do work. :thumbsup:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby TheresaD » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:57 pm

Steve S... Thanks for the tip. I figured there had to be a secret. :twisted:

Patty.. I'm really glad to hear that someone on the forum got it. I figured someone else would be lurking up until the end like I was. I'm glad to hear it's went to a fellow Scotty owner though. That's what I was going to use it with. I too figured it would be a neat addition with my Scotty. What year and size is yours? I want to see pics of it with the ovenette when you get it!! Too bad you're in Cali. we could have met up with our trailers and you could have baked me a cake! :thumbsup:

Mandy I'm not going to say a word about CI.... I um...already have some....Fortunately the madness for CI hasn't taken hold too badly yet...I only have a couple of dutch ovens and a few skillets so far. I don't want to go overboard or I won't have room for my coleman lanterns, stoves, and coolers! :lol:
That's good to know about the Coleman oven though. I wondered how they worked.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby b.bodemer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:04 am

I didn't get a complete set..........just the three parts pictured here. Sure was sweet to win it for $15.

The National Serro Scotty Organization had the instruction and recipe manual. I was able to print it.
Here's the link to the recipe pages: http://www.nationalserroscotty.org/reso ... nette.html

I use my Coleman oven with the teardrop camping and I pack the ovenette for trips with the Scotty.

Keep checking ebay............you'll find one.
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: lost ovenette auction

Postby Geron » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:18 am

steve smoot wrote:
TheresaD wrote::( Sigh... I just lost an e-bay auction for a MINT stovetop ovenette. Never used, all pieces, booklet etc. I was drooling over it. Bidding got heated at the very end. I caught myself bidding much higher than I had originally planned. (e-bay is dangerous!) In the end though, I lost with 2 seconds left. :cry: Couldn't get that last bid in quick enough.

I should probably not tell the world about my trade secret, but just so you have a better chance....check out Esnipe.com. :D

More secrets:

Auction Sentry

Jbidwatcher

Auction Sentry a little more user friendly.
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Steve E » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Hopefully you will have your ovenette by time you have your Scotty out and about and we can compare notes on both our cakes Theresa. If nothing else I can use my Dutch Oven to make my cake if decide not to break in the little ovenette. I should say you got a great deal on yours Barbara. Nothing like a great find!
Our Scotty is a 1965 Sportsman, 13 ft. We were so excited to find one in the area where we live as don't see many on the west coast. It had alot of water damage so we decided to take it all the way down to the chasis and start all over again. We were able to salvage most everything once the new structure was built. Lots of scrubbing and polishing and learning curves and were able to put it back as close to the original look that we wanted. It was fun project and it went out on its maiden voyage first of this month to a trailer rally. It did great. Left in one piece and came home in one piece so we were pretty happy! We love our little Scotty.
What Scotty do you both have Theresa and Barbara? Much water damage on them? I will have to search and see if you have posted pics of them. I am not savvy at posting pics. Have that yet to learn.
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TheresaD » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Patty--My Scotty is a 63 13ft gaucho- Tons of rot and water damage. Front back and roof will be replaced completely. Sides will be replaced in parts. I've started tearing it apart but work on it has been slow going because I was having issues with my back over the summer. I just started to really really get going on it again over the past weekend and I'm almost ready to start making sawdust. Will be picking up materials pretty soon. Watch for a rebuild thread soon. There are pics in my album below of what it looked like when I got it. Get your album going girl! I want to see your rebuild!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby robertaw » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:11 pm

mandy wrote:Have you ever seen these Coleman stove top ovens? I have used one, they really do work. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I have one of these that I've had for quite a few years. It's not as cool as having a vintage Ovenette to match a vintage trailer but it DOES fold flat which is a huge plus.

I have never seen Ovenettes before but learning lots (perhaps too much) on this board. I never had the slightest desire for cast iron cookware before I came here. :lol:
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby TimJones » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:06 am

could the winner please post picture of the ovenette when yoiyu get it??

Thanks
Tim and Judy
------------------------
TimJones
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:43 am

Hey kids.... Don't want to start a stampede but e bay has a Stanley on now !

The owner seems to think its is a cake carrier :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stanley-Ovenette-Graniteware-Enamelware-Cake-Dish-Pan_W0QQitemZ280415941817QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414a17b4b9
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers