TearTable ... Direct download of plans on Page 7!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

TearTable ... Direct download of plans on Page 7!

Postby Corwin C » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Due to a minor cold this weekend, :( I have found time to get the plans for a portable picnic table suitable for teardroppers completed. :thumbsup: I was able to get all of the parts out of a single 4'x8' sheet. 8)

Teaser:

The plans (printable to scale on 8.5x11) are available by request as two small .pdf files which I will e-mail directly to whomever wants a set (post or send me a message w/ e-mail address). WARNING: A prototype from these plans has not been built. There may be errors which I have not noticed yet. :roll: I will build a prototype eventually, but the irons in the fire say "not until spring." Pictures of completed prototypes now available starting on page 4

I believe that almost anyone will be able to get the pieces through the door in their tear. The largest dimension is the table top (30" x 30") and it could be cut in half and hinged if necessary. All of the other parts have a small dimension or are "U" shaped (legs) and should be able to work through most (if not all) doors.

My only request: Should you build a table using these plans, post comments and pictures to this thread.
Last edited by Corwin C on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby allisb48 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:15 pm

Shoot over a set to [email protected]. Could if planed make a box to undersling the frame of the TD and just slide it in there. No problem with the door then and still stowed away. What's another 1/2 sheet? Ground clearance wouldn't be comprized to much I would think. I'll give it a look see. Thanks
Got the trailer now what do I do?
allisb48
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Send me a set. I need something to cut on my CNC machine over Christmas break. Maybe a scale model version!

Mike...
Last edited by mikeschn on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby BILLYL » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 am

Corwin-

This is something we have been looking for. Please send a set of plans to

[email protected]

Thanks
Bill
"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they'll
gonna murder you in your sleep...." Frank Zappa
BILLYL
Donating Member

Postby Creamcracker » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:58 am

If you're willing...can't we have them posted in the design library?
Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby Corwin C » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Philip,

I've already mentioned this to Mike, he said that a permanant location for download is possible, however, I hesitate to make a permanant post until the plans have been used a few times to work out any bugs. :shock:

For now, I will send a copy to anyone who wants it, just send me a PM or post with your e-mail address.

Thanks

Corwin
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby Creamcracker » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:00 pm

Corwin C wrote:Philip,

I've already mentioned this to Mike, he said that a permanant location for download is possible, however, I hesitate to make a permanant post until the plans have been used a few times to work out any bugs. :shock:

For now, I will send a copy to anyone who wants it, just send me a PM or post with your e-mail address.

Thanks

Corwin

That makes a lot of sense...I'd like a copy
Thanks again Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby Corwin C » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 pm

I have received several comments in the PMs that I have received, regarding drilling a hole in the top for an umbrella. Just a "heads up" to those that do this, the legs cross exactly in the middle of the table, your hole will have to be off center so that the umbrella doesn't hit the legs. :shock: Made that mistake myself...

One of the large versions that I built as a gift for someone (picture of similar table here) had a hole in the top for a umbrella. I think that the easiest way to locate the hole would be with the right diameter hole saw after the table is assembled, that way you could crawl underneath (or flip it over 8) ) and make sure you miss the legs. The person that I gave that other table to then used a bolt and wingnut diagonal through the legs to capture the umbrella pole in a "triangle" lower down and the umbrella needed no additional support. The larger table is quite a bit heavier than the TearTable will be, so your mileage may vary.

You are more than welcome to modify your table as you see fit (it is yours after all). Please send me comments on your modifications (good and bad) with pics if you have them as I use them to get ideas to improve the designs that I make.

Enjoy

Corwin
Corwin
Image Image Image
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Corwin

Id be interested in a set of plans as well. I have an idea to make the table to match the home made side tables Ive made for our tear. Here is a pic of one of my tables.

Great Idea you have there. :thumbsup: :applause:

Best regards
Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Corwin C » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Beautiful work Classic Finn ... they should be in your inbox.

Corwin
Corwin
Image Image Image
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Corwin C wrote:Beautiful work Classic Finn ... they should be in your inbox.

Corwin

Got it Corwin, Thanks. This will be fun to convert the measurements over to centimeters :lol: :lol:

;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Ageless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Finn??? Are we ahead of y'all in that too???? Our measuring devices have booth English and metric.
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Ageless wrote:Finn??? Are we ahead of y'all in that too???? Our measuring devices have booth English and metric.

:lol: :lol: Ive been using both here. Its just that metric is a bit easier for me. And its more accurate :lol: :lol:

Cant rememeber who on this forum used the words cut once and measure twice. So I do it in both inches and centimeters, so then its accurate in both measures :lol: :lol:

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Corwin C » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:38 pm

Classic Finn....

I have to admit, I didn't think of those of you who work in metric. :?

I took the drawings, told TurboCAD to make the dimensions in mm and made a new layout PDF. You should receive one in your inbox shortly. I didn't take the time to make sure that the conversion is accurate but it was definitely easier than manually doing it all.

If anyone else would prefer metric, let me know when you request the plans.

Corwin
Corwin
Image Image Image
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby Ageless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:46 pm

30 + years back; Boeing was working on the Roland missile system. Roland was a German design. When we got drawings; they were metric, I was rather a young buck in Tooling; many of the others were 20 years senior, They couldn't fathom anything but the English system, While I was in High School we were schooled in both systems,

I went up several rungs of the ladder that day
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to General Discussion