FOR SALE - PLANS to build large octagonal picnic table

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

FOR SALE - PLANS to build large octagonal picnic table

Postby Corwin C » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 pm

WARNING: This is a BIG table, the parts for this table are BIG. It comfortably seats 8 "ample" adults with elbow room. If you are looking for something more suitable for transporting in a teardrop I would suggest the TearTable.

I sell the plans for this table on consignment in a local hardware store for $10 US. My "cut" is $8. I am willing to send the PDF file (2.64 MB - make sure you have room to receive it) for the $8 (cut out the middleman.) I don't have the ability to take credit cards, but I will take cashiers or personal checks. If you would like the plans, send payment AND E-mail address to:

Corwin Christensen
PO Box 64
Junction, UT 84740

I am generally the trusting type and to avoid making anyone wait any more than necessary, E-mail or PM when the check is in the mail and I'll send the file (at least as long as no one makes me rethink this policy.) :NC

Currently the dimensions on the plans are in inches, however, if there is demand for dimensions in metric I can and will rework them (the first request will probably take a few days.) I have to remember this is an international forum. ;)

----------------

This table requires 3 - 4' x 8' x 3/4" sheets of plywood, a 36" x 3/8" hardwood dowel, wood glue, finishing materials, and a 48" piano hinge if you choose to have a folding table top. The instructions with the plans suggest CDX plywood, however, over the last couple of years I have built a couple that are "furniture grade" and now I recommend spending the extra money for good birch or veneer over birch plywood (the one pictured above is Agathis veneer.) It makes all the difference in the world to the finished product. On the "cheap" side, I've built one out of OSB with marginal results (it worked fine, but was obvious that it wouldn't last long.)

The table assembles/dis-assembles easily without tools and stacks flat against a wall for storage.

The table top is 58" flat side to flat side and the two halves can be either be glued together (spline or dowels) or attached with a piano hinge for a folding table top. The table legs are 96" long and almost 28" high (waaayyy to big for a teardrop and some tiny trailers). Eight "full size" adults sit comfortably around the table and I have on occasion seated 12 pre-teen children around it.

The plans have 3 - 8.5"x11" sheets that contain the layout to get the parts from each sheet of ply, and there are several additional pages of detailed step-by-step instructions, pictures, suggestions, etc.

If you have any additional questions or comments feel free to E-mail or PM me.

Thanks
Last edited by Corwin C on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby Marti Domyancic » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:55 am

I too would like a copy of the small tear table plans, thanks so much for offering these.. Marti [email protected]
Marti Domyancic
Marti's Awnings
The lady with the shady business
www.trailerawning.blogspot.com
www.Martisawnings.com ( under construction)
Marti Domyancic
Teardrop Builder

Postby cuyeda » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:42 pm

It's in the mail. Thanks for making it available. I am not in a hurry to receive it, please wait for payment to be received.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Return to For Sale/Wanted