winter's funk

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

winter's funk

Postby robertaw » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:06 am

Two months away (or was it three?) from working on our trailer and I have lost my confidence. I look outside and all I can see is this big mess sitting there under tarps.

It's sad because I used to see so much potential in this trailer. I was sure we could fix it up and make it beautiful. Now I feel like it's a lost cause. I don't even know where to start or even IF I want to start. I think I've lost my edge and don't know how to get it back.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby Juneaudave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:19 am

That doesn't sound like our Roberta..better listen to this! :applause:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:35 pm

I used to sing the "High Hopes" song all the time! I sang it when I bought my first fixer home! It took me 4 hours to put in my first overhead light and I sang it the entire 4 hours. When I was all alone and lost my nerve, lying spread-eagle on top of the roof for 20 minutes before I could get my nerve back, I sang it. When I went for parts at the plumbing store and all the men in there (no women back then) laughed at me, I hummed it.

So what if it takes you a year longer than you planned! Just keep plugging at one thing at a time. You'll get it. Things look the most daunting just before the light starts coming over the ridge. :yes:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:42 pm

Roberta, if you do some little something every day you will get it done. Might just be to sweep up yesterdays mess but do something! :thumbsup: You can do it!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Here's a saying that helps, too:

"Inch by inch, anything's a cinch!"
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Don't give up Bert...don't even give it another thought! You have done a great job so far and no matter how long it takes, you can finish this. So what if its taking longer than expected, those things happen. It's just the winter blues that have you down. Once the weather starts warming up a little, you will feel better about your project. Take a deep breath, exhale, smile and keep repeating, "it will be just fine". I look forward to seeing your progress on your blog...don't give up girl! ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Rickxr2 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:18 pm

I feel that way all the time. Don't give up! Don't look at the big picture, work on something small, then marvel at what you have accomplished. You'll get there, and remember, something is better than nothing.
Rick
Here's what we started with.
Last edited by Rickxr2 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
Rickxr2
The 300 Club

Postby mwallace61 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 pm

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.. ;)

Seriously, hang in there. Do some little something every now and then, and when the feeling hits you, do some big stuff. Before long you'll be looking foward to the next build......
mwallace61
Teardrop Advisor

Postby robertaw » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks everyone!! :thumbsup:

I knew I could count on all of you for encouragement! I honestly feel more optimistic after reading these replies! I enjoyed this so much before winter that I just want that feeling back.

I have found myself browsing craigslist thinking about just buying a new trailer but I'm not going to give in to that.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby martha24 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:20 am

My husband and I built ours.
It is campable but some of the finish work is still to be done as there have been a few interruptions like a daughter's wedding and making a wedding dress. Now we have been helping our daughter & new son-on-law with their "new" 1948 house. :lol:

With the teardrop, I found if I dewelled on the project as a whole it seemed overwhelming, but if I viewed it more as a puzzle working on one piece at a time it was very doable. And bit by bit the trailer took shape. :thumbsup:

Create a plan of action and figure out which puzzle piece you want to work on next. As you can see this forum has lots of members to cheer you on!! So keep us posted. :applause: :applause: :applause:
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:53 pm

You need to get back your trailer building mojo!!!!!!! :lol:

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby robertaw » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:04 pm

b.bodemer wrote:You need to get back your trailer building mojo!!!!!!! :lol:

:thumbsup: Yep, thats exactly what I need!

I moved the tarps and took a look inside the trailer today and I could feel the excitement coming back! I think taking the tarps off completely so I can see the trailer will fix this whole problem.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:08 pm

robertaw wrote:
b.bodemer wrote:You need to get back your trailer building mojo!!!!!!! :lol:

:thumbsup: Yep, thats exactly what I need!

I moved the tarps and took a look inside the trailer today and I could feel the excitement coming back! I think taking the tarps off completely so I can see the trailer will fix this whole problem.

:thumbsup: Ya just need to get in and take a nap! :)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby dwgriff1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Part of that is the season.

Up here in Idaho, the days are short and my patience is shorter. My tear is in my rather small shop getting some repair and upgrades, but I am about to climb the wall!

I built a huge set of custom cabinets once and I despaired of ever getting the job finished. The customer encouraged me: Dave, it will get done

And it did!

And so will yours!

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby caseydog » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:34 am

dwgriff1 wrote:Part of that is the season.

Amen.

Winter is short here, but the short days, the rain, and being stuck inside most of the time really kills morale.

Being broke doesn't help -- but I'd rather be broke on a warm sunny day, than a cold rainy one.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers