cute new tool

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby robertaw » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:36 pm

hausfrau60 wrote:Heard about a mom who stood by and watched her child get shoelaces caught in an escalator and she couldn't get her out of it.

THAT is a good enough reason for all of us to carry a pocket knife in our purses or pockets. My cool tool is too heavy to carry on me but after reading this post I am putting a small foldable knife in my purse. We have lots of them around the house.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby lisasweetie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:13 pm

..... :oops:
Last edited by lisasweetie on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby romanji » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:00 am

hausfrau60 wrote:
Heard about a mom who stood by and watched her child get shoelaces caught in an escalator and she couldn't get her out of it.

THAT is a good enough reason for all of us to carry a pocket knife in our purses or pockets. My cool tool is too heavy to carry on me but after reading this post I am putting a small foldable knife in my purse. We have lots of them around the house.

yeah i do agree with you but i don't know why government banned from carrying pocket knives. this is very useful in some emergency cases.
Last edited by romanji on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
romanji
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Eunice » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm

romanji wrote:
hausfrau60 wrote:
Heard about a mom who stood by and watched her child get shoelaces caught in an escalator and she couldn't get her out of it.

yeah i do agree with you but i don't know why government banned from carrying pocket knives. this is very useful in some emergency cases.

You have to have a good memory to carry one now. You must remember to leave it behind to enter some office buildings. On a trip Kenny had to walk a long way back to the car after not being able to enter a visitor center at a dam. I have a mini knife on my keyring, one in my purse and one in my boy scout uniform. It is so sad that the world has come to the point that you have to be searched to enter a courthouse. I was told that even for jury duty you cant take in knitting needles!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Re: cute new tool

Postby eamarquardt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:54 pm

robertaw wrote:I was really impressed that it has a hammer complete with claw that is heavy enough to pound the crap out of something if needed.

If you get the urge to "pound the crap out of something", please warn me! I want to be somewhere else and not that "something"!

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby mk10108 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:16 pm

robertaw wrote:I was really impressed that it has a hammer complete with claw that is heavy enough to pound the crap out of something if needed.

Is this adorable or what? :applause:

Any gal who relays the phrase "pound the crap" and follows with "adorable" gets a pass to the front of the line.
:thumbsup:
mk10108
Gold Donating Member

Postby robertaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:30 pm

mk10108 wrote:

Any gal who relays the phrase "pound the crap" and follows with "adorable" gets a pass to the front of the line.
:thumbsup:

:rofl:
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby Eunice » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:43 pm

robertaw wrote:I saw this in a recent issue of Trailer Life with about a dozen other cute little "swiss army" tools that are handy to keep in your trailer.

It's msrp was only $14.99 but I found it for $11.99 at Home Depot.

I was really impressed that it has a hammer complete with claw that is heavy enough to pound the crap out of something if needed. Plus it has wire strippers and cutters! I've been stripping wires with a steak knife for my entire life and have only recently bought a real wire stipper.

Kenny and I went to Santa Rosa for a Scout meeting so of course we stopped at Home Depot. He was a sweetie and bought me one! It will be very useful
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby robertaw » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:52 pm

Ken&Eunice wrote:
robertaw wrote:I saw this in a recent issue of Trailer Life with about a dozen other cute little "swiss army" tools that are handy to keep in your trailer.

It's msrp was only $14.99 but I found it for $11.99 at Home Depot.

I was really impressed that it has a hammer complete with claw that is heavy enough to pound the crap out of something if needed. Plus it has wire strippers and cutters! I've been stripping wires with a steak knife for my entire life and have only recently bought a real wire stipper.

Kenny and I went to Santa Rosa for a Scout meeting so of course we stopped at Home Depot. He was a sweetie and bought me one! It will be very useful

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers