looking for a recumbent trike

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

looking for a recumbent trike

Postby godsy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Anyone know of places in KC area that sell these? Or any builders out there who make them?

I'm looking for something I can ride - but need a wide seat - are there any built for us big boned girls?
see my adventures in the Emma Rose at
www.mygypsywagon.blogspot.com
godsy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby t-vicky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Have a recumbant trike that I built for my wife because mine hurt her hips. Its for sale.
The impossable just takes longer & cost more.
t-vicky
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 am

Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby godsy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:13 pm

So how do you steer those things? Is there anyplace that rents them so I could take a test drive.

I rode a low to the ground trike on the beaches by Santa Monica - guess it wasn't a true recumbent - seat simlar - but steered like a tricycle- any body selling those kind?
godsy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby t-vicky » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Tryed to post some pics but they were too big. Just e-mail me & I will send you pics. [email protected]
The impossable just takes longer & cost more.
t-vicky
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:58 am

godsy wrote:So how do you steer those things? Is there anyplace that rents them so I could take a test drive.

I rode a low to the ground trike on the beaches by Santa Monica - guess it wasn't a true recumbent - seat simlar - but steered like a tricycle- any body selling those kind?

Most bike shops will let you try out their bikes and trikes. They might or might not rent them out, but you can at least pedal them and get a feel for one.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:23 am

Looks like you might be looking more for something like a Sun EZ-3. Take a look here

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby godsy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm looking at the new Rover model of the Terra Trikes. It look like it would be easier to get in and out of. They aren't out till May. Anyone from Michigan seen these yet?
godsy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby kirkman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:59 am

Godsy..... I own a Terra trike (not the model your looking at) and love mine you can not go wrong with one. Very easy to ride. I don't think you will find one from any other company that will handle you as nicely as this one looks like it will. Easy on and off because of it's height and up to 400 lbs. To my knowledge no one else makes a bike that is this user friendly for seniors, people with bad knees, and our larger friends. :thumbsup: Plus that's a great price!
Hope this helps you, good luck and keep the rubber side down!
Jason
PS: Call them they are great people!!!! Kind of like here!
Last edited by kirkman on Sun May 23, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby drafter » Mon May 17, 2010 10:57 pm

I was seriously looking at the Terra Trike Tour but my local bike shop had a new Sun T-3 AX trike for a great price so this is what I purchased. I really like how this rides.
drafter
Teardrop Builder

Re: looking for a recumbent trike

Postby b1kebox » Sat May 22, 2010 12:34 pm

godsy wrote:I'm looking for something I can ride - but need a wide seat - are there any built for us big boned girls?

I have a Lightfoot Greenway (fits through motel doors when touring) but the wider Roadrunner may be exactly what you'd want. http://www.lightfootcycles.com/roadrunner.php
b1kebox
Teardrop Inspector

Got my trike!

Postby godsy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:25 am

Picked up my Rover recumbent trike from Terra Trike. Got it at Pace Bicycle Haven in Independence. Mark did a great job assembling and adding a few extra's for me. He put on locking brakes, changed the shank, added fender, flag, reflectors and a nifty bell.

Had a great time riding in the neighbor hood. Probably did a little too much for first day - but loving it! Easy to ride and gonna be a great way to exercise and fun while camping.

Now I need an extra cargo carrier to haul it! :duh:
godsy
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Got my trike!

Postby Fenlason » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:16 am

godsy wrote:Picked up my Rover recumbent trike from Terra Trike. Got it at Pace Bicycle Haven in Independence. Mark did a great job assembling and adding a few extra's for me. He put on locking brakes, changed the shank, added fender, flag, reflectors and a nifty bell.

Had a great time riding in the neighbor hood. Probably did a little too much for first day - but loving it! Easy to ride and gonna be a great way to exercise and fun while camping.

Now I need an extra cargo carrier to haul it! :duh:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby kirkman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Way to go have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby drafter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:07 am

Congrats on your new trike. The Rover looks like a nice trike and from what I've heard, Terratrike takes good care of their customers.

Only words of wisdom I can give you is to make sure you use the gears instead of pushing too hard on the pedals and hurt your knees. It took me a few rides to learn not to do it. Now 20 mile rides are easy. :thumbsup:
drafter
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to Bicycles