Bikes - and their addiction.

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

Re: It's an addiction?

Postby b1kebox » Mon May 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Fenlason wrote:Those are some "different" bikes you have there, what else do you have?

Some of the others include, only one true road bike (Cannondale R4000), several folding bikes (Dahon Speed TR, Montague Swiss Bike). two Bike Friday break down bikes (Pocket Rocket, and Sat-R-Day SWB recumbent), three S&S coupled bikes (Rans V-Rex, Salsa El Mariachi 29'r, Surly Travelers Check), several Rans Crank Forward bikes (Sequoia 29'r Tour, Dynamik 650c, HammerTruck), several Rails-to-Trails / backcountry touring bikes (Gary Fisher Cobia 29'r, Seven S-8, Cannondale Killer V), commuters (Trek 750 single speed, REI Buzz, Rans Stratus single speed), one other long wheel base (LWB) recumbent (Easy Racers Ti-Rush), several event / touring bikes (Haby Tour/Cycle Cross, Cannondale T-2000, Surly Long Haul Trucker), two other short wheel base (SWB) recumbents (Bacchetta Giro-20, Barcroft Virginia GT), one high racer recumbent (Bacchetta Aero 650), one track bike, two full suspension MTB (Giant VT, Trek Y-3), one tadpole trike (Catrike Expedtion), one delta trike (Lightfoot Greenway)

Additionally my wife has 6 bikes and we've got a half dozen frames for future projects
b1kebox
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Oasis Maker » Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 pm

BOTH of you... please... pics are as much required here as anywhere else. I would LOVE to just see your storage methods alone! :shock:
Scott G.

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Tue May 04, 2010 4:36 am

two photo's that happened to already be in my album.

the first my ice bike in action.

it is an older Serrota T-Max. A fully rigid nivachrome frame. It is a shorter wheelbase steeper angle Mountain bike, very quick handling and stiff.

To race on the ice.. we have to make our own tires. With the set ups most of us have, we grip better than on clean pavement.

Back in it's day it was a sweet bike on the trail. Now it is reserved just for the ice. For next season, I might alter it some. We really only need one chainring, so there is not need to carry the weight of the others around... which also means I can remove the front deraileur, and shift lever. The front brakes and lever could go also.

I would like one of the new stiffer bottom brackets.. but it might be hard to justify the costs.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Tue May 04, 2010 4:52 am

The next.. my newest Mountain bike. A Specialized, FSR 29er

In the photo is has Nokian studded tires for trail riding. These tires work good on moderately ice snowmobile trails, but are horrible for ice racing. [in comparison to what we make]

This bike is of course a 29er. A full suspension.. with 4" travel front and rear.

I love it. I would like to have tried a hardtail 29er, but this will do. Until I got this we did not have much for 29ers in the area.. so mine was the first I had ridden.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby flip18436572 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:57 am

I built a PVC rack to hold 4 bicycles in the back of a pickup, so I can take 6 people on a bicycle ride, because I have a 2 bike rack that goes into the receiver hitch.

It is a simple design, but I don't have any pictures. If someone wants to see it, I can take pictures and post later.
flip18436572
Teardrop Master

Pics are required here

Postby b1kebox » Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 am

Oasis Maker wrote:BOTH of you... please... pics are as much required here as anywhere else.

Images of the bikes for today's rides:

Barcroft Virginia GT

and Scattante Single Speed in front of the real "B1ke Box"[Honda Element]
b1kebox
Teardrop Inspector

Re: It's an addiction?

Postby Fenlason » Tue May 04, 2010 5:44 pm

b1kebox wrote:
Fenlason wrote:Those are some "different" bikes you have there, what else do you have?

Some of the others include, only one true road bike (Cannondale R4000), several folding bikes (Dahon Speed TR, Montague Swiss Bike). two Bike Friday break down bikes (Pocket Rocket, and Sat-R-Day SWB recumbent), three S&S coupled bikes (Rans V-Rex, Salsa El Mariachi 29'r, Surly Travelers Check), several Rans Crank Forward bikes (Sequoia 29'r Tour, Dynamik 650c, HammerTruck), several Rails-to-Trails / backcountry touring bikes (Gary Fisher Cobia 29'r, Seven S-8, Cannondale Killer V), commuters (Trek 750 single speed, REI Buzz, Rans Stratus single speed), one other long wheel base (LWB) recumbent (Easy Racers Ti-Rush), several event / touring bikes (Haby Tour/Cycle Cross, Cannondale T-2000, Surly Long Haul Trucker), two other short wheel base (SWB) recumbents (Bacchetta Giro-20, Barcroft Virginia GT), one high racer recumbent (Bacchetta Aero 650), one track bike, two full suspension MTB (Giant VT, Trek Y-3), one tadpole trike (Catrike Expedtion), one delta trike (Lightfoot Greenway)

Additionally my wife has 6 bikes and we've got a half dozen frames for future projects

an interesting collection... :D :thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm

[quote="Oasis Maker"]BOTH of you... please... pics are as much required here as anywhere else. I would LOVE to just see your storage methods alone! :shock:
Scott G.

The top photo.. was actually of my barn.. :roll:

I do need more / better storage.

Many of my bikes are handing from ceiling hooks. My tandems are horizontal on wall mounted racks.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby JordanRHughes » Mon May 10, 2010 2:50 pm

There are worst things you can be addicted to...
JordanRHughes
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 10, 2010 7:33 pm

JordanRHughes wrote:There are worst things you can be addicted to...

:D :yes:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby kennyrayandersen » Fri May 28, 2010 9:06 am

looks like someone is a Performance fan...

I've just got the two, so I had to make sure they were expensive 8)

Road - Kuota Kredo - carbon frame and fork

MTB - Canondale Rize 2 - carbon frame and fork

I like Carbon! :twisted:

I ride to work almost every day!
kennyrayandersen
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby b1kebox » Fri May 28, 2010 9:25 am

kennyrayandersen wrote:looks like someone is a Performance fan...!

The Scattante SSR (single speed) frame is from my local Performance Bike shop, but most of the rest of the components for the build are from either JensonUSA or AEBike. Keep it at the office, so on days I don't bike commute I take it on a lunch time ride.
b1kebox
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Bicycles