Do you camp in your driveway?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Do you camp in your own yard?

Yes I have, but, rarely or only once.
26%
Yes I do regularily.
32%
No.
27%
Other. (explain below)
16%

Total votes : 90

Postby Roly Nelson » Sat May 17, 2008 2:06 am

When the kids, grandkids and great grandkids stay overnight, I find it very relaxing to bed down in my teardrop, right out in the yard. Strange, when I'm out there, I can knock off 8 hours straight, without getting up to.........well you know. It must be the fresh air and stars in the sky.
Roly ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby traveler » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:05 pm

i camp sometimes in the front yard. have running water there
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Since I got the tear finished ( they NEVER are) I've given thought to campin in the driveway, but thought I'd be crazy.
Since then, i've realized that "I" am CRAZY so why not....Will do jus that real soon...if I ain't campin or travelin to car shows...
It's comfortin to know that I'm in good company !!
So THAT'S why I fit in so well with this crowd !!!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby parnold » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 pm

I haven't slept in my driveway, yet.....

But the first night it's ready to.. I'll be there!
parnold
Donating Member

Postby dwgriff1 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:09 pm

We have four adult daughters. We camp in their front yard and driveway when we go to visit.

One lives in San Francisco and we hide the trailer in her drive. Probably illegal to sleep in it there.

Another lives in Portland. We used to camp in her drive but she moved and her new house has a steep drive, so we will camp in the garage.

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby tearhead » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Well, it's not the driveway but we do own woodland adjacent to our house and last summer we did do an overnight in the woods--very fun. It was confusing to our dogs at first, but they got the idea. Will do it again! There's a pond back there but we're in Wisconsin's Kettle Moraine, and the pond is down in a very deep kettle, not reachable other than on foot.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:45 am

In our driveway , the kid's driveway , my mom's driveway, my in-law's driveway, and our friend's driveway.

Grandma never knows when to go home from the kids and grand kids so we take the teardrop. When I have had enough I just say goodnight and go to my own bed.

Partys with friends why take a chance in traffic after a few just snuggle in and call it a night.

No putting friends and family out trying to accomidate us overnight just let me plug in an extention cord and we are at home.
:thumbsup:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby canned o minimum » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Tues. 20 April...had my first "driveway" camp out...ran the extention cord out the garage window...read a "Life" magazine from Aug 1969...Part of my Hippies theme that was already in the trailer.
What an enjoyable time !! The Life mag. was enjoyable as well !
I will definitely do this again...and again...
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Corwin C » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm fortunate to have literally hundreds of places to camp within 15 miles of home. Several lake front areas, pine/aspen forest (10,000 ft. elevation), pinion/juniper desert (5,500 ft. elevation), several campgrounds, two state parks (I haven't stayed there because it costs $ and there's dispersed camping literally around the corner).

If I'm in the back/front yard, it's just too easy to answer the phone, check e-mail, etc. etc. Would I camp in the yard? I haven't done, but sure. It simply doesn't take much for me to be able have a complete change of scenery. Looking forward to getting the tear built, so I can back up to it, hook it up, and go (even easier than my current situation.)

I would bet that at least 95% of my camping is boondocking within 100 miles of home. The other 5% in rustic campgrounds w/ minimal hookups, again relatively close to home.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby len19070 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:46 am

TearJerkers Just had a "Celebrate Spring Camp-in"

For a lot of us, winter is a time for our trailers to be put up until the weather warms up again.

Well the First day of Spring is just a few weeks away.

If you can get access to your trailer , how about joining in a TearJerkers club wide Celebrate Spring Camp-IN?

A Camp-IN is a little different than a Camp-Out. Its simply spending some time in your trailer on a specific date, March 20-21 with a lot of other people through out the Club. Be it just eating or cooking a meal, having a cup of coffee, a Beer or even spending the night in it.

Ya don't even have to leave home.

Its being held "Anywhere You Are."

The Scotty Club NSSO did something like this last month.

Sooo the weekend of March 20-21

Go out to your trailer,

Take some photos (with you in the photos) upload and post them here on the board.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/ ... =slideshow

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Arne » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 am

when I was between houses, and needed to paint the bedroom before setting up the waterbed, I slept in the t/d in the garage for 10 nights... very relaxing knowing I had a comfy bed always on hand.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Do I camp in my drive...

Postby BenBrown » Fri May 07, 2010 8:37 pm

I don't have tearedrop yet... When I was living at my parents, we parked in behind the home under the willows and often used it as a day retreat. ...but since it wasn't mine I don't think I can count it.

Ben :thinking:
BenBrown
Teardrop Inspector

Postby campinwi » Sat May 08, 2010 6:56 pm

I don't actually camp in the driveway, but I do camp in the yard. I have almost 5 acres, almost 4 that are wooded. I have my own firepit and a supply of firewood. I have been known many times to sleep in my camper.
campinwi
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rigsby » Sat May 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Regularly, normally after going out to get a bit of piece, and to watch the tv, without the wife and kids nagging . Then i usually fall asleep
DOOIN IT THE YAARKSHA WAY--FA NOWT, THA NUS !!
Rigsby
500 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:17 am

I did it again last nite. I'll be doin it again in 2 weeks ,but this time in a friends driveway in Long beach. I have a car show "pre" show friday nite and the show is Sat. I have to be there at 4am so I'll camp in my friends driveway...all my VW friends don't think I'm crazy..they KNOW it !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls