What do you keep inside?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

What do you keep inside?

Postby Forrest747 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:53 am

What do you keep inside. May have to adjust some of my cabinets and thinking of what am i really going to store inside, the sleeping area. Your thoughts?
"All the success on the trail can not compensate for having square headlights"

"I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37701 Build Journal
Forrest747
Cowbell Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:02 am

When traveling ?

When Camping ?

Or when in storage ?

There is a big difference !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Forrest747 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:09 am

Didnt think it through I guess when I asked it. I guess all of the above. I guess i just envisioned all the camping gear going into the galley, to keep the sleeping area ready for sleep. THought maybe a change of clothes or such in the sleeping area. Extra blankets and such inside.

I had planned on some clear plastic bins that i could pack in the house and load into the sleeping area cabinets. One area is going to be for the fuse and electrical cubby, the radio/ dvd player will go there.
"All the success on the trail can not compensate for having square headlights"

"I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37701 Build Journal
Forrest747
Cowbell Donating Member

Postby Arne » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:15 am

When I travel, I have a storage box with extension cords, wooden leveling blocks, etc. inside. As well as folding chairs and things like that.

Food box, folding table, storage box with extra clothes, bathroom items, etc. are in the van.

When I get to c/g, the t/d gets cleaned out, which only takes a couple of minutes.. the storage box goes under the t/d to keep it out of the rain.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby nevadatear » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:45 am

We have quite a few cabinets, so plenty of room for storage. We keep clothing, of course, at the foot of the bed cabinets. Shelf holds TV, movies, books, misc. The head of the bed cabinets have "tolietries", underwear, a box of junk (little stuff, like extra fuses, candle lamp, headlamp, instructions for setting the clock that I can never remember, bungee cords), camping journal and scrapbook, reading books. On the shelves are kleenex, keys, glasses, water bottle, change, cell phone and charger. Then there are the drop down cabinets for dirty clothes and shoes.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:05 pm

When camping: I keep a small fire extinguisher inside, a small plastic bin of misc items (fuses, batteries, small flashlight, sunscreen, bug spray) right inside the door. I have 2 cabinets above the bed. All bedding and clean sheets are stored in upper left cabinet and small bag with clothes is in right cabinet.

When not in use, I usually toss the clean sheets and towels in a storage bag and throw inside along with my camp table and 2 camp end tables. All the chucks, tacky lights, door mat, rope, citronella candle, levelers are kept in the front tongue storage box at all times.

I have 12x12" storage that runs the width of the trailer and electrical cords, short water hose and camp chair live in there.

This leaves 4 things I need to grab before hitting the road - fresh clothes bag, dry food box (includes paper pdts), my camp box that has the small stove, fuel, utensils, dishes, pots and lanterns and finally, the cooler of FOOD! If the dogs come with, there's a small doggie box with leashes, bowls, food, and tennis balls.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby parnold » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:08 pm

While driving, my chair and first up are in the trailer, most of the other junk is in the car or tongue box. Once set up I store miscellaneous junk in this..

Shoes, radio, tv, glasses, whatever. It all goes in there so I can roll around all night without rolling onto something.

If I can figure an easy way to hang the dvd player from it, I'll get another for the other side. It's real nice because I can see what's in it without having to dig.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby b.bodemer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm lucky to have extra space with my F150 and the trucks cargo carrier. With that I can tow the td ready to stop and sleep in at any time. :thumbsup:

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:12 pm

All our clothing, cameras, electronics and Maha battery charger (for flashlights etc. and cell chargers). Tools, AC unit, cords, hoses, generator go in a very large tongue box as needed, i.e. generator only when boondocking AC only when down south.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Clothes, computer, books, inverter. Everything else is either in the galley or in the truck bed.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby gregp136 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:40 pm

We keep clothes, extra blankets, and the tarps in the inside storage. Our counter extention also rides in the bedroom while traveling. Its all we need.
Greg (and Laurie)
gregp136
The 300 Club

Postby Mightydog » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:32 pm

I was worried about discussing inner emotions and lost dreams.

Inside the trailer, we keep the side table and clothing--anything that won't ding up the woodwork if it bounces around.
Mightydog
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Jazzy Lynn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Clothes, extra blankets, first aid kit, books, camera, and (while traveling) side tables all go inside. All cooking/eating utensils go in the galley. Everything else is in the back of the truck.
Barbara
Today is forever!
Jazzy Lynn
Teardrop Master

Postby Uncle Chan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Pots and pan, food (dry), cooking utensils, sleeping bags, lawn chairs, etc. in the TD. One storage bin with clothes and one cooler in either the Charger or F150. When we pull in to a C/G, we are setup, just that simple. The only variable is how long we are going to be in one spot. If we are to be there for more than a day or two, we will setup our sunshade, which we will haul in the TD if we are towing with the Charger or in the F150 if we are towing with it.
Uncle Chan
Uncle Chan
Teardrop Master

Postby deceiver » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:15 pm

kitchen stuff in the galley, Just some bedding in the living area. We have a tahoe that when seats are put down in the back it can almost hold a sheet of plywood. So, most of the stuff goes there.

Also, I have a little guy sport with a 5x8 platform on the front. AC, tarps, dutch ovens, kindling, spare tire, tongue box, gas cylindar.. all go there.
Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

Next

Return to Camping Secrets