needs?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

needs?

Postby [email protected] » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:04 am

teardrops are a must?

are teardrops really effective for camping? why and how?
[email protected]
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:22 pm

To some extent you can think of a teardrop as a tent with hard sides at one end of the tear continuum to a camper with all the amenities at the other, and almost infinite variations in between. Ours has satellite TV, Sirius radio, hot and cold water, shower, stove, AC...

Having tent camped for 30+ years it is a whole bunch more comfortable and the folks you encounter are wonderful and fun :thumbsup:
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby TD Beej » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:18 pm

It depends on your objectives. Mine are speed, comfort, and bit more versatility. We tend to cover a lot of ground so being able to turn in at any park along the way and have lunch w/o having to unpack the van to get at the food while letting the kids play is good. Having a "set" camp kit to head out of town quickly and with minimal extra packing and preparation is good. Cutting camp setup/breakdown time to the kids tent and air-mattresses good. Extra capacity for bikes, canoes, tools... you get the idea.

- Beej
TD Beej
Teardrop Master

Postby Uncle Chan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:07 am

I just want to sleep off of the ground and having a kitchen handy is nice too. Other than that, I have not other real needs.
Uncle Chan
Uncle Chan
Teardrop Master

Postby Wolffarmer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:01 pm

It got near impossible to continue tent camping. Setting up camp/tent and getting up off the ground. Other benefits are fast camp setup and break down. Fast fixing meal on the road. Keeping me out of trouble while building it. Learning new skills. And meeting some of the best people on the net/road.

But if you are young and in reasonable shape, tent camping ( or even just a bedroll) would still be a great way to go. If I could I would probably still be tenting it but now that is just a memory.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby b.bodemer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:50 pm

A teardrop is basically ready to go........................throw in a cooler and pack some food and that's about it.
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mightydog » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:10 pm

If your teardrop is insulated, you can have Reverend Dave and the Kumbaya Choir in the next camping spot over and not hear them. Close the doors and turn on the fan, they can strumity strum their guitars all night long and you won't hear them.
Mightydog
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby timlsalem » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:17 pm

I like tears because they're conveinent. On the road I pull into a rest stop and have a kichen right there to fix lunch or dinner. and myself, I like to sack out a while after driving 4 hours and like mentioned, if your tear is well insulated, even 18 wheelers noise don't come through.it's a very restful nap. I have also spent the evening on the side of the road and having my weener dog as an alarm and my 44 mag as persuader I've never had a bad expierience.
KIA'S--MIA'S--POW'S--DAV'S--are what our freedom cost us
timlsalem
Teardrop Master

Postby deceiver » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:22 pm

I've done a lot of backpacking and camping.... Two things happen. 1. after a day of two of rain you just want to get out of it. Things are damp and puddles begin forming in the tent. and 2. sleeping on the ground, even with a pad takes a day or two to get used to then you go home.

A tiny camper solves both those problems. Not much else matters.
Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

Return to Camping Secrets