Gray Haired Sisterhood

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Blumie wrote:
Acting immature helps too, I've found.

:lol: I hope we're never too old to do a little of that! :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 pm

I will never "act" my age...ever! :no: I'm having too much fun not "acting" my age.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby carolandrews » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:27 pm

I have never colored my hair. I decided it would be too much work and one more thing to do. I am who I am. I am delighted more women are going natural.

I look forward to seeing your natural hair this weekend at the Jefferson State Gathering.

Carol
carolandrews
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Eunice » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:37 pm

I have to admit I do not have as much gray as I thought I did. Kenny doesnt think it will even show up in a picture. I have one fairly white temple and then a few silver hairs. I thought it was going to be really white but it isnt what I thought it was going to be. Still have a few inches of color to come off so no pic yet
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:08 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:I will never "act" my age...ever! :no: I'm having too much fun not "acting" my age.

8) Do overs are fun....... 8) Second childhood thing and all. :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Gaelen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:20 pm

never have colored my hair!
I've always been a little adventurous at the hair stylist. When I first met Renee about 20 years ago, my hair was down to the small of my back. I told her that I wanted a 'new look' and the only rules were no mousse, no color, no more than 5 minutes to style it.

I have used the occasional mousse since then, but no color. ;)

When I was on treatment, Renee cut it very short and the gray is much more noticeable at that length. Right now it's just above my shoulders, and while there's some graying, that's not the first thing you notice. After chemo, my normally wavy hair came back coarser and curlier. In humidity, I'm back to the 'fro and big hair I had in the 80s!

Still don't plan on coloring it - but I do experiment with lengths and styles. Right now I feel like a little bit longer is more flattering to my face. Yeah, that's the reason. ;)
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby doris s. » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:43 pm

We went camping last weekend and my bed head was terrible. So I went this evening to get a haircut and they were busy so I'll go tomorrow. I'm getting it cut short, so after this cut and a few weeks of growth we'll see how gray I am. We are going on a three week camping trip at the end of the month having a short cut will be great!

Isn't that website peopleofwalmart crazy? We actually laughed a lot and wondered if folks ever look in the mirror?

Debbie, I loved that website, nice haircuts. I hope my hair is going to one color. I would rather be more gray than have stripes. lol.

BobHenry I loved that joke-to cute.

I'll keep you posted.
doris s.
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Hey girls don't forget Locks of love when you are getting your long hair cut. ;)

http://www.locksoflove.org/
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:45 pm

All right, I've lurked long enough on this thread.....

My avitar was taken on my way to IRG 2 years ago.... That summer Brandie then 12 (natural dishwater blond) wanted to go red! So we did it.... She loved it! Kept it about a year then went black.....(I'm not sure I liked the black but.....) now she has black underneath and 20 shades of blonde to caramel on top. When she went red, I went dark auburn (in the picture) I used to wear that color for years.... I have been many many colors over the years....

I got tired of keeping it up and have gone natural, my natural color was always a MOUSE brown with a little bit of auburn highlight in the sun in the summer. NOW it is MOUSE brown with lots of silver especially on the top and Eunice, strong on one temple.... Are we sisters?

I like it! I do keep it short and spiked on top, my rebellious side!!!! and I can do it with 1 cup of water, a little hair gel and done for the day, so camping is no issue!!!!

Since the birth certificate said I turned 60 this year, it seems odd to have silver hair when I am ONLY 29!!!!!! Ha! ha!

Love the tales ladies!!!!!

pam
Last edited by Pam Wright on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Miriam C. wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:I will never "act" my age...ever! :no: I'm having too much fun not "acting" my age.

8) Do overs are fun....... 8) Second childhood thing and all. :lol:

Yep, they are! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Coloring Hair

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:55 pm

I am like Pam, have been "lurking" but not posting. I have never colored my hair and now have the "frosted" look to my hair. I will be 64 this summer and proud of it! TRUDY
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

Postby Alan and Lianna » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:50 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
I will never "act" my age...ever! No I'm having too much fun not "acting" my age.

I'm with you. I will turn 46 in few months and I believe I have more confidence, fire and adventurous spirit than most half my age.

I have colored my hair since I was about 20-ish, but I am toying with the natural idea. Not sure if it would be too much of a shock.....

Lianna :scratchthinking:
Don't just dream about it!
Wake up and make it happen...
Alan and Lianna
Teardrop Master

Postby doris s. » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:06 pm

I cut my hair short and I can see some gray. now it's three colors. Mousy brown, my natural color, with gray, and blonde on the ends-yuck! Time will tell if I can live with what I've got-might have to die it blond again at least it will be one color, lol.

Doris
doris s.
500 Club

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:56 am

Some people pay big money for that kind of special dye job! See how much money you are saving all ready! :lol:
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Alan and Lianna » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:42 am

Some people pay big money for that kind of special dye job! See how much money you are saving all ready! Laughing

Debbie- you are so right. I can't get out of there for less than $100 every visit. WOW! When I think of what I could do with that money, it makes the shock of a few silver hairs seem much less shocking/intimidating.
I would like to think it won't change my spirit or image of myself.

Maybe I can try... :thinking:

Lianna
Don't just dream about it!
Wake up and make it happen...
Alan and Lianna
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers