Put It Where?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Put It Where?

Postby rebapuck » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:36 am

I'm wondering where you ladies put clothing in your campers. In my VW and my Puck, I seem to just leave my clothes in the small suitcase I pack and it resides on the other half of the bed. That's easy for me because I camp solo. What do you do?

I will be removing the VW interior for a body and paint makeover in a few months. The current woodwork is sad and I will be replacing it. I have the opportunity to design something different and I want to have clothing storage.

These old VWs were designed in an age when men and women apparently dressed up to go camping. Not me. I can eliminate the hanging space. I'm thinking bins that slide out like drawers. I could load them in the bedroom and take them out and slip them in.

I should note. The VW is a "standie" with room to dress.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Ratkity » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:58 am

I roll my clothes up to prevent horrid wrinkling, still does to some extent. I keep my overnight bag in the right hand cabinet in my r/t TD. Dirty clothes get put in a plastic bag and that is tossed in the back of the Rav4.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Kenny and I keep our clothes in suitcases and I put them in the shower/pottie tent (since I dont really use it for showers) I have a mesh bag also that dirty clothes go in.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby SandyD » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:33 pm

I keep my towels, screens, extra bedding in one of my storage cupboards.

I set up a changing tent and just throw my duffle with clothes in there so it's out of the way (along with my travel john).

I picked up a net bag for the dirty clothes and also keep that in the changing tent.

Sandy

It's the Little Things that Getcha !!
ImageImageImage
SandyD
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:53 pm

We had plastic bins under the bed but I have put a plastic dresser in now. I think a built in dresser of some sort would be fantastic.

About dressing up. I had to for a wedding and found an outfit that doesn't wrinkle. Kept it hung in the camper on a hanger. You can always put hooks for the rare event when a hanger is needed.... ;) any wall will work.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby rebapuck » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm glad several of you reminded me of the dirty clothes situation. I've never known what to do with those. Need to put on my thinking cap.

Once, I put a laundry bag in the closet. Stuffed the dirty clothes in everyday. Got home and couldn't get the bag through the narrow door.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby eatatjoz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:50 pm

My GF puts the dirties in zip-lock bags and throws them in the truck.
She hangs towels and swim suits to dry for later use, but for the most part she keeps used things consolidated in the zip locks.
That's good for me because they're easy to round up and pack away.

I don't know why she thinks it's necessary to bring a whole closet of clothes for two days, but I'm not asking either. I'm getting old and I know better.
eatatjoz
Teardrop Master

Re: Put It Where?

Postby Desert-rat » Thu May 16, 2013 8:21 pm

I've not gone camping for more than an overnight excursion into the wilderness but I just packed extra clothes in a spare backpack (my MIL is a custodian so at the end of the schoolyear she picks through the unclaimed lost and founds)
Desert-rat
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Lady Teardroppers