Shade rooms

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Shade rooms

Postby Redgloves » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Ladies,

I am strongly considering investing in a Camp-Inn TD. Also, I camp by myself with the petite rat terrier. My question is what shade room is easiest for one perosn to put up and take down?

Thanks for your comments

Jean
Geocacher, healthcare provider, mom and women with not enough common sense regarding personal safety when it comes to adventure outings!

Owner:
Uff Da Inn, a 2015 Camp Inn 560
Redgloves
The 300 Club

Screen Room

Postby P'colaTear » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:31 am

I also camp by myself and bought a Coleman Insta Clip 11x13 screen room. It is big enough to completely put the teardrop inside and still have the hatch up and room to move about. There are large "D" shaped zip doors on 2 ends of the room, so I am able to zip one end around the tongue of the tear and use the other as my in and out door. It is easy for me to put up by myself - maybe 15 min. Springloaded poles that go together and then you just clip the room to the poles. No threading of the poles through loops on the screen room. It is easier to put up than the changing/potty tent that I have. Cost - $80ish best I remember. I did purchase at a Coleman outlet store back in February or March. I do believe that they still carry it. Hope this helps.
P'colaTear
Teardrop Builder

Postby parnold » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:29 am

I have a 10x10 First Up that I got at Wally World for 97.00. Takes 5 minutes to put up by myself. You have to walk around it quite a few times stretching each corner, and put the top on before you click it into place.

It is quite heavy duty. I put mine up and then back my tear under it when it's in place. You can manuever it a bit, but again, it requires walking the four legs a little at a time if you're alone.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:51 am

I do the same thing as Paul and have no problems putting it up and down. Mine is a 10x10' coleman shelter and it helps to stake one leg down when putting it up. I did find one of the push buttons needed the help of a mallet whack when taking it down last time. LOL.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:58 am

http://www.tinycamper.com/accessories.htm

Camp Inn makes a side tent and it might be useful to check into.

“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby T@Baker » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:55 pm

I have a 10x10 EZ Up that provides a nice, dark shade. It's very sturdy. I do have problems with the knobs not popping our, or difficult to push back in. I use the end of a stake to help. However, it's heavy and cumbersome. I also have a Coleman 14 Event Shelter. Takes longer to set up with shock-corded poles, but easier to pack around.
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Postby Carter » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:10 pm

To add to Paul's First Up description, They are very water proof. Used ours last night in Goderich Ontario in one of the longest storms I can remember. Cooked dinner, ate and read for awhile under it and stayed dry while watching the light show and pouring rain. Two people can set it up in 2 minutes, probably takes 5-8 minutes alone. Probably a bit heavier than the insta clip type. Lift one at the store to make sure you are comfortable with it alone. We've had ours for 6 years and it looks like new, they are very durable

Jim
I need a new Avatar. I'd put my dog up there but she doesn't look much like me. She's the skinny one.
Carter
Gold Donating Member

Postby T@Baker » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:48 pm

I agree the First up/EZ up are very sturdy. We had ours on the beach in Destin when a big storm rolled in. We had it staked, and people were also holding on to it, but it never leaked after a constant driving rain of 1.5 hours. We finally gave in and pack 'er up. Ours is about 6 years old and has been in some heavy winds. As a matter of fact, one pole is bent.
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Return to Lady Teardroppers