EGGS

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby Redgloves » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:14 am

I put eggs in a round rubbermaid container. Hold 6 eggs, just perfect size for me. No water in the rubbermaid yet.
Geocacher, healthcare provider, mom and women with not enough common sense regarding personal safety when it comes to adventure outings!

Owner:
Uff Da Inn, a 2015 Camp Inn 560
Redgloves
The 300 Club

Postby caseydog » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:12 pm

SandyD wrote:I just crack them and put them all into one glad bowl ~ when you go to use them, they slide out nicely one at a time and stay together.

If I'm making brownies, in the bowl I put the required eggs removed from the shell and the measured oil all in one container.

Same with pancakes.

Works like a charm. 8)

I do something similar, but I put single use quantities into different sizes of Gladware. Three eggs for breakfast in one container, eggs for a recipe in another, etc. The yolks have not broken on me, yet. And, I can shake the container if I want scrambled eggs.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:20 am

slowcowboy wrote:
Theres really no need to keep eggs cool or refreigrated. I have seen them go for weeks out in the open sitting on a shelf at cowcamp in the big horn moutains with no spoliage.

That may be true with eggs straight from the bird; but, most of us get our eggs from a store. Who knows how long or under what conditions those eggs have been stored and transported. For all we know, store eggs may already be weeks old. :roll:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby rebapuck » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:11 pm

How many have left eggs out until they dried up in the shell?

Now that I am retired, I want to learn to make Ukranian style eggs. Would rather not blow them. I've read you can let them just dry up. But do they smell?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby mikeschn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm with the folks that say keep the eggs in the styrofoam cartons they come in from the store.

Of course, if you use eggs for omlets, you could always put them in baggies before you leave, sans shell. When they come out of the bag, after cooking of course, they could look like this...

Yes, that OK Jewel's omlet in a bag recipe! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby caseydog » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:34 pm

We did OKJ's omelet-in-a-baggie omelets at a gathering. It was fun, and they were pretty good, but I like my omelets cooked in a pan -- with real butter.

Waking up on a cool morning in the woods, and eating some eggs cooked in butter with some bacon and strong black coffee. YUM!

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:39 pm

caseydog wrote:We did OKJ's omelet-in-a-baggie omelets at a gathering. It was fun, and they were pretty good, but I like my omelets cooked in a pan -- with real butter.

Waking up on a cool morning in the woods, and eating some eggs cooked in butter with some bacon and strong black coffee. YUM!

CD

I wish we had more cool mornings in the hot humid days of mid summer... But yea on the butter, bacon and strong black coffee!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby David Hughes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:55 am

Well now you can just take a couple live chickens with you and eat eggs as they lay them :rofl2: If they don't produce then it's a chicken dinner :thumbsup:

Dave
IN GOD WE TRUST
David Hughes
Teardrop Builder

Postby bobhenry » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:13 am

David Hughes wrote:Well now you can just take a couple live chickens with you and eat eggs as they lay them :rofl2: If they don't produce then it's a chicken dinner :thumbsup:

Dave
IN GOD WE TRUST

Tie a leg to a string and you could retire the pink flamingos and the bug zapper too. :laughter:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby caseydog » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:01 pm

I think I'm going to pass on the eggs for a few weeks. :thumbs down:

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby traildemon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:25 pm

i usually hardboil them and put them in a plastic ziploc bag.
works for me. :thumbsup:
peace
:peace:
al
traildemon
Teardrop Advisor

Postby traildemon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:30 pm

mikeschn wrote:Yes, that OK Jewel's omlet in a bag recipe! ;)

Mike...

"omlette in a bag" recipe?

im intrigued mike. :thinking:
care to share?
peace
:peace:
al
traildemon
Teardrop Advisor

Postby caseydog » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:41 pm

traildemon wrote:
mikeschn wrote:Yes, that OK Jewel's omlet in a bag recipe! ;)

Mike...

"omlette in a bag" recipe?

im intrigued mike. :thinking:
care to share?

You put your raw eggs in a ziplock bag, with all your extras, squish it around really good, get as much air out as humanly possible as you zip the bag closed, and put the bag in water at a low boil. It takes around 12 minutes to cook, IIRC.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:48 am

It's a slow news day so I thought I would knock the dust off of this egg totin' thread !

I do my thinking while I am asleep [ just ask my boss here at work :lol: ]

In my dreams I saw eggs being stored in one of those squeezie condiment bottles. Just pick it up and squirt out an egg with yoke intact.
This bothered me so bad that at 1:30 AM I got out of bed and hunted up just such a bottle and loaded it with two eggs. I am sorry to report that the egg does not squirt out with the yoke in tact but it will instantly dispense the eggs and they are scrambled on the way thru the nozzel , ready for the skillet.

Undaunted I reloaded the squeeze bottle with 2 more eggs and with the cap removed and a gentle squeeze the egg with yoke intact was dispensed with the gentle poof. Another squeeze and the 2nd came out. So at 2A.M. this morning I stired my wounded and un wounded eggs together diced up 8-10 slices of pepperoin and made scrambled eggs. Just as they were done I topped them with shredded mozzarella cheese and had a very early breakfast. Yep was wishin' I was staring into a campfire and waiting for the sun to popup.

Please please please hurry up spring :worship:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:56 am

That sounds grand, Bobhenry!

We are camping next weekend, at the Arizona Tearjerkers' annual Spring Clean!

http://tearjerkers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3292
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Camping Secrets